Chinese patched visual novels

FlameofHeavenEX

10 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Are you talking about the login wall? Registering is a pain because they ask you a security question that's always "what's the protag of /this/ VN" and so far I haven't been able to figure out how to type the answer correctly.

I managed to create an account on Sumisora in the end by typing 冈崎朋也 from https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLANNAD for the question that asked who the male lead of CLANNAD was. I'm not sure why it suddenly decided to work yesterday as it kept saying I put the wrong answer when I tried registering a few weeks ago. Problem is, I don't know if there are even Chinese VN patches since I don't know enough Chinese to navigate the website lol. I did manage to find a working Chinese patch for White Album 2 on some obscure forum though not on Sumisora.

Edited by FlameofHeavenEX

2 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Interesting. I copy and pasted the name from VNDB which is: 岡崎朋也, and that first character is different than what you used. Is the VNDB name wrong?

Wow now I get why I couldn't register on the site before lmao. The VNDB name is right, but the one on VNDB is the Japanese name so that's why the first character is different. You apparently have to use the Chinese name otherwise it won't work.