Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road repack back into .dat files.

Gezoz

Hi, my name is Gezoz and before this account I was an avid lurker within this forum. Now I want to do something than lurking. I've started to try and translate "Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road" since I enjoy what Minato carnival/Minato soft makes. Anyways onto the problem I was having, I was attempting to replace the menu buttons with the English ones by extracting all arc files, (arc0.dat, arc1.dat, arc2.dat, arc3.dat). I used asmodean's exwhaledat_v2 progam to extract all of them and used arc_unpacker to convert the TLG files into PNG files. After I was done with the PNG files I converted them back into TLG using krkrtpc.exe. From there I placed the TLG files back into the sys folder where they came from and attempted to pack the folders back into the ".dat" file format with rr-'s whale-tools. This is where I got stuck because I was able to pack one folder at a time but I didn't know how to pack all the folders back into ".dat". I don't know much about coding or hacking so this was the best I could do. Soon I will put up a recruitment topic in the Translation sub-topic for Translation and other things, but for now I want to know how to repack it so I can test out if the menu will work. Thank you for reading and any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Gezoz

• 1 month later...

Are you sure you are using the right tools? From what I can remember the tools Tsurezurescans used to translate the first game don't work with the Fandisk. I think the best way is to contact rr directly and ask him if he can update the tools. You can also try and contact the friendly people over at /vn/ on 4chan or maybe even Irru and Trip (the people who did the first game) directly.

I hope this projekt of yours is still alive as I would love to see the Fandisk being translated.

Edited by Arkado

• 4 months later...