Which gaming laptop you prefer and why?

Skypie

Acer is considered a budget brand, but I only had positive experiences with it, more consistently than any other and the gaming models are decently priced. This one, for example, would probably match the one you mentioned with everything but refresh rate. I can't say much about Razer computers nowadays, only know that their accessories are pretty awesome still. :)

25 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Laptops aren't for gaming.

Two years ago I would somewhat agree, but considering the output of the current generation mobile graphics cards, I don't see any reason to believe that. Plus mobile processors are absolutely up to the task for a long time now, if the laptop is build well enough to not overheat, it can be an absolutely legit gaming platform nowadays... I would go for 17,3" though, I find playing modern games on any kind of smaller screen a pretty lame experience.

If you have the money for it search it on google.

Asus ROG GX700 just google it.

Or you could try this one Asus ROG G701VIK 

Here is the site where you can find nfo bout it 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-G701VIK-Notebook-Review.198294.0.html

Hope it help a little bit.

Edited by LanThief(HUN)

8 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

if the laptop is build well enough to not overheat

Wait, is that actually possible with gaming laptops now? I did own one back when I was doing guard duty and stuff, but I've never been under the impression that they could manage heat very well (especially if you're playing something demanding enough to make a top 10 list, lol).

Edited by Kenshin_sama

13 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Two years ago I would somewhat agree, but considering the output of the current generation mobile graphics cards, I don't see any reason to believe that. Plus mobile processors are absolutely up to the task for a long time now, if the laptop is build well enough to not overheat, it can be an absolutely legit gaming platform nowadays... I would go for 17,3" though, I find playing modern games on any kind of smaller screen a pretty lame experience.

It has been a legit and powerful enough gaming platform for a long time now, but it is hardly even close to an ideal one. It is comparatively FAR more expensive than a comparable desktop, emits a LOT of heat (which is very detrimental to the life of the hardware), and battery life sucks for demanding games (plugging in to play game will sort of defeat the purpose of the laptop in the first place, so not mentioning it here).

Unless the portability of a laptop is > important, I don't think anyone should consider buying a laptop for gaming at all

4 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Wait, is that actually possible with gaming laptops now? I did own one back when I was doing guard duty and stuff, but I've never been under the impression that they could manage heat very well (especially if you're playing something demanding enough to make a top 10 list, lol).

A lot of laptops nowadays can manage not to overheat and throttle well, but as they still produces a ton of heat, don't expect them to last for very long (unless you only play VN-level-of-demand games).

One of my other friends got this at a IT show recently. Tried playing witcher 3 (no settings changed) and pretty hot on my lap.

However, 2 of my friends had a Alienware and ASUS ROG laptop respectively, were using that as a desktop gaming replacement (I shook my head hard once I know that), and plays a lot of games liek Crysis. Both laptops did not last over a year :amane:

24 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Just because it says gaming it doesn't mean it should run the most advanced new games. 

I think many laptops can though, with right maintenance. Using cooling boards, avoid risky stuff like overclocking...

Although I guess Narco has a point. Does anyone really need a gaming laptop? The really high-end ones are usually expensive to the point you can set up a decent gaming desktop and an efficient laptop for work for the same amount of money. Both without the annoying issues gaming laptops generate.