Seven Days collector's edition on Kickstarter

PhleBuster

Seven Days With You: The Most Precious Memory in Our Lives (aka Seven Days) by LIFE0 is getting a collector's edition ahead of its release this winter!

seven-days.jpg

We're running a Kickstarter campaign for it that launches this Friday (September 14, 10:00 PST), looking for feedback to polish it as best we can until then.

Seven Days features art by Miko and voices by top industry seiyuus (full cast: Uesaka Sumire, Kiritani Choucho, Fujita Masayo, Aranami Kazusa, Shimizu Ai,
Shimizu Ayaka, Toda Megumi, Oohashi Ayuru, Maruyama Miki and Urata Wataru), and comes in full HD (1920x1080).

The Kickstarter has 2 collector's editions on offer, one including a dakimakura and one without, and stretch goals include localizing an audio drama and adding new CGs to the game.

ev01a.png

It's been translated by Conjueror and is currently being edited by Tyabann.

You can check out the game's opening video with theme song by Rita here:

Hope to hear your feedback!

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Will this edition feature CGs that were previously exclusive to the Campfire edition of 7days or will this have those + all the new Vita edition CGs too?

Reveal hidden contents

Also wouldn't call this one a passion project when it was pretty much made to actually finish the passion project called Lost:smile www

Excellent question!

It includes the CGs that were stretch goals on Camp-fire, since those were basically "more funding=more CGs", but it doesn't include the exclusive scenarios which were basically custom written for the top backers (since they were exclusive to that campaign) and what CGs those may have contained. So as the result, it includes all the contents of the Japanese retail edition by default. 

It doesn't currently include Vita-exclusive CGs for a similar reason (those were commissioned as a selling point for the Vita version).

On the other hand, if we meet the stretch goals for our campaign, it will include all-new CGs that weren't in either of those (up to 3 of them).

I'm sure that wasn't confusing at all and answered all of your questions!

6 minutes ago, PhleBuster said:

It includes the CGs that were stretch goals on Camp-fire, since those were basically "more funding=more CGs",

6 minutes ago, PhleBuster said:

So as the result, it includes all the contents of the Japanese retail edition by default. 

I guess you answered it but just to ask again.
Japanese retail version indeed includes all the CGs the game has... except! That it has CGs in the files that are locked and you can't access without a special Camp-fire patch that was only shared to every Camp-fire backer making those CGs unavailable for the normal customers who bought the game from a local shop.

Edited by Kiriririri

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hmmm, looks pretty interesting, though I'm not exactly sure what to expect of this one. I wonder if anyone here can comment on it.

Well, anyway, good luck with the project!

By the way, could you please explain how limited are $60 and $150 tiers?

Ah right, guess you can't see those numbers before it's live. The $60 Collector's Edition + early bird is currently limited to 500 copies and Special Edition + early bird to 200 copies, since those are the print numbers we're working with.

Although it's possible to change the limitations if demand for them is higher, so maybe we should just remove that from the non-Early Bird tiers. I'll have to discuss that.

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

I guess you answered it but just to ask again.
Japanese retail version indeed includes all the CGs the game has... except! That it has CGs in the files that are locked and you can't access without a special Camp-fire patch that was only shared to every Camp-fire backer making those CGs unavailable for the normal customers who bought the game from a local shop.

Hmm, I'm not sure about specifics when it comes to what's been distributed to the Japanese backers via camp-fire, but afaik the delivery was fully via Steam so I'd expect they might've gotten Steam DLC codes instead of a patch? Still, if they promised that those CGs are exclusive to the camp-fire backers we probably can't use them - but I'll confirm with LIFE0, thanks for pointing it out.

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hmmm, looks pretty interesting, though I'm not exactly sure what to expect of this one. I wonder if anyone here can comment on it.

Well, anyway, good luck with the project!

By the way, could you please explain how limited are $60 and $150 tiers?

After a long discussion and a lot of playing around with the numbers, we made some changes to the tiers. The $60 tier is now unlimited (apart from early bird), while we decided to limit the tiers containing the Special Edition to a total of 100 copies because it's very expensive to produce and we seriously don't want to end up with an inconvenient number like 105 pledges. Also added a new early bird tier for Memorial tier as well.

Thanks for the question that made us re-evaluate those limits!

6 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I read through the kickstarter and there is one thing that really throws me off.

So should I expect their mental age to be the above and that they behave as someone of that age?

Otherwise it is an interesting premise.

I don't want to say too much about the story, but it's a topical question.

Those are their physical ages at death. Their mental ages are older because they have been inside Chiyako for years.

Shuuichi then makes up his mind to assist all of them in spending their remaining days without any regrets and passing away in happiness. Shuuichi, however, does not realize what will happen to him later. He does not realize that he will have to see each of the seven girls depart from him.

Man, I already lived that once in real life when I saw my brother dying little by little in his coma after a bike accident...

I have a question for the Fruitbat Factory team: What is the point of this title to present cute heroines and make us suffer because we know from the very beginning that they will die anyway? 

Edited by Kirashi

Late to the party here considering that you already gathered 80% of the funds, but still there's should be no deadline to say good luck in regard of the KS there. I'll gonna keep my eyes on this, so hopefully the release will going to be successful later.

As for why they made the heroines suffer, I would like to say that it's obviously to form some attachment between the player and the heroines (And thus the player would be immerse themselves in heroines plight), and thus by making the heroines dead at the end it mean that they'll try to made the player cry. Or in other word, I think the developer was tried to develop the nakige there with using the crowdfund (Yes Seven Days funding here was mostly came from crowdfunding in Japan).

9 hours ago, Kirashi said:

Man, I already lived that once in real life when I saw my brother dying little by little in his coma after a bike accident...

I have a question for the Fruitbat Factory team: What is the point of this title to present cute heroines and make us suffer because we know from the very beginning that they will die anyway? 

To be more accurate, all the heroines are already dead from the beginning - you have a limited time with them before their spirits will depart, to try to give them happiness.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just hit the 2nd stretch goal that permanently adds an all-new event CG by artist Miko to the game! Next one will add a Kickstarter-exclusive soundtrack to all game tiers.

Seven days left in the Seven Days campaign now - also added a social stretch goal where people can boost the campaign for free by just following our social media.

Thanks for the support!