Negligee: Love Stories, a sequel to Dharker Studio's yuri nukige, to be released on Steam UNCENSORED this Saturday

Wildbreed

On 9/6/2018 at 7:50 PM, Fred the Barber said:

You're being way too optimistic. Steam may have added a checkbox on the consumer side, but that doesn't mean anything until they actually publish a policy so developers and publishers can know what's allowed and what's not allowed (they haven't done this), and actually start applying said policy (they also aren't doing this). This isn't done until we start seeing the games we expect there getting published back to the platform. Maidens of St. Michael will probably be a good bellwether, since you can bet MG wants to get it back on there ASAP and is just waiting on Steam. If you see it on Steam, maybe there's some progress. If not, then everybody's almost certainly still stuck in this same crappy situation we've been in for the past half a year or so.

Regardless, you certainly shouldn't get your hopes up for KonoSora or other Pulltop releases. I doubt they have any interest, on their own side, of releasing the full versions of their games, and even if they do, god only knows what quality we'll get with their translation agency roulette game.

Lastly... this is all kind of irrelevant to the OP's topic! At least, it is unless you think having the uncensored versions available on Steam will make a big difference in sales or revenue, which I honestly kind of doubt.

Its finally starting to happen..hope its first of many to follow..

Twitter Post

Kq55TyJ.jpg

JhBKBwh.jpg

PS: I also noticed that steam doesn't allow you to open this VNs store page without logging in..its gives an error stating that to view this content you need to be logged into your steam account.. Interesting..but i am glad none the less

Edited by Wildbreed

Hmm... interesting. But rather surprising - and there's no way to predict how long will it last.

OTOH I'd be little sad if all-ages versions would completely dissapear... :( I think it would be best if just both versions could be available directly on Steam - like, with +18 patches as "normal" Steam DLCs. After all, even some fan-TL projects have all-ages options added.

Hmmm, I think it's not gonna happen. Steam can't really afford to be flooded with adult games. It has its share of violent games, but everyone knows sex is regarded worse than violence in the West.

The previous outrages should give you plenty of material to think how Steam regards explicit games.

7 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Hmmm, I think it's not gonna happen. Steam can't really afford to be flooded with adult games. It has its share of violent games, but everyone knows sex is regarded worse than violence in the West.

The previous outrages should give you plenty of material to think how Steam regards explicit games.

I would say the chance is pretty good for sexual content to be accepted considering that Neglige love stories got through, though whether loli VNs or VNs with characters who aren't clearly 18+ will be accepted might be a more interesting question.

Edited by bakauchuujin

So, Dharker apparently got final thumbs up to publish their new eroge with all content intact. It's hard to say how explicit it will actually be, but if it follows the first game closely, it's going to at least contain a bunch of fully-explicit f/f sex scenes - and considering that some of the heroines are bisexual (two of them, if I remember well) and the screenshots, we might even get some straight hentai too. If that's true... Well, this would be unlike anything Steam even considered allowing in the past.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

14 minutes ago, Okarin said:

You need to take into consideration that steam is a global storefront..and not exclusive to Western Countries.. with this.. Chinese and Japanese and other Asian Developers can Publish their VNs on steam for their audiences as well.. you can already see so many Chinese Only VNs on steam if you search for it.. Monobeno etc..

Also Witcher 3 which has its fair share sexual content is not tagged as "Adults only" but rather "Nudity and sex" since even thou it has sex it doesn't actually show the explicit body parts like penetration etc.. This VN on the other hand shows everything and as a result is tagged under "adults Only"..

Plus if you read their twitter post steam actually properly analysed their VN and gave them the full go ahead..its not like it was AI approved

Edited by Wildbreed

But Steam is Western-based and abides by Western law.

Besides, probably the most restrictive outlook would apply, very much like Nintendo censors everything outside Japan.

Sex in Western games like Mass Effect, Dragon age and Witcher is pretty tame. Eroge and nukige can go much further.

Edited by Okarin

Just now, adamstan said:

I think I played one or two Dharker VNs - "Army gals" I think? It had ridiculous amount of bad endings ;) And "Battle girls". But I'm not too proud of it, so they aren't on my VNDB list :P (actually, the only EVN there is Katawa Shoujo).

Dharker are generally shit peddlers, but I think the significance of this has little to do with the game itself. Or, at least, the quality of it. ;p

I don't think we'll reach a satisfying solution, as 18+ content is just the tip of the iceberg with eroge/nukige.

I certainly don't want to read endless vanilla H-scenes, I don't mind if they're axed. And the "spicier" content won't probably make it.

The heroines' age is certainly laughable, if they're worried of underage sex the majority of games should be censored because the heroines being legal adults is just a lie, happening in high school and whatnot.

Let's just face it, fetish eroge are niche and need to stay that way.

This Negligee looks like a Western LGBT game (more than yuri really), and it kinda seems Steam is more readily to accept this than the Asian way of tackling sex... and fetishes.

Edited by Okarin

Going by VNDB, it seems that all heroines are lesbians (there are no men involved) and all it has is girl-on-girl sex. And pretty vanilla, too. Probably Steam doesn't want to shock anyone yet.

EDIT: The above is for the first game

Edited by Okarin

27 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Well Negligee can be an example of how one can publish a Nukige on steam..like Tenioha..Tenioha has Vanilla sex and is way lighter than This VN which has Rape and Prostitution.. still it got the Go ahead after being properly reviewed..

However most companies like Nekonyan etc.. would prefer to release an All ages version.. and all the Adult Content as an extra DLC on the VNs store page..that way everyone gets what they want..without much hassle 

For someone who has chosen to allow adult content will get the DLC by simple choosing to Install it.. and for those who have filtered out adult content will get message like" 1 DLC hidden due to your preferences" and will be behind a warning wall like this

BPMC4ec.jpg

2 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Oh, don't be naïve; the companies will probably still want to charge extra for the adult patch, especially if we allow it.

As far as i know only SP does that.. Mangagamer used to do it but they stopped and started giving out free patches..Plus my Opinion of SP is falling with their every release...if only they had not taken up those 2 yuzusoft VNs :(

The main reason i prefer steam is because its regionally priced..and SP uncut patches sometimes cost more than the base game  on steam :sleep:

Actually I prefer to buy in dollars since my currency is the euro. Though Steam sales are good, they aren't that good when it comes to VNs. I mean, in some months FF15, released this year, has been at 50%. To see that in a VN we have to wait ages.

But, localisation companies' sales in their stores is heavenly. Besides, this is the proper way, as you give the full value of your money to them.

Edited by Okarin

Well here is their mature content description

Negligee: Love Stories features story-lines that frequently include sexual themes and through them illustrations featuring nudity, undressing and sexual interactions. Including single partner and multiple partner imagery. Sexual interactions between men and women as well as women and women are depicted. The game also features a story relating to nymphomania.

From this it seems like it will include sex between men and women not just yuri, also considering one of the stories relates to nymphomania I would assume that it isn't super vanilla

3 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Actually I prefer to buy in dollars since my currency is the euro. Though Steam sales are good, they aren't that good when it comes to VNs. I mean, in some months FF15, released this year, has been at 50%. To see that in a VN we have to wait ages.

But, localisation companies' sales in their stores is heavenly. Besides, this is the proper way, as you give the full value of your money to them.

Well it depends on the region you're from , For me its almost 50% cheaper on steam compared to their private storefront.. However last few VNs ive had to purchase them directly from the company since they were not releasing on steam due to all that approval fiasco.  As far as Nekonyan goes i dont mind buying directly from their store since their VNs are guaranteed good.. but for those VNs that ive not heard off i would rather  not take the risk.. more over i prefer local payment methods offered on steam in my region which even includes..Cash on Delivery :wub:.. But i mostly use Debit cards and local wallets..since my local wallet always has cash in it due to various cashback offers etc.. 

XL6e7Yv.jpg

This is one of the main reason why sometimes people prefer steam