JtMFexM.jpg

Some more japanese physicals, some of them have NSFW box

Spoiler

SowXJzh.jpg

My japanese visual novels for PS Vita

qjVLqGL.jpg

My japanese visual novels for PS3 and PS4

XBmBvDM.jpg

I know Neptunia is not quite defined as a VN, though it does have long VN segments and I just wanted to add it here at the end

ncjqa5R.jpg

As you can see I have quite a lot.

Edited by bakauchuujin

That's a really fantastic collection :D. It's always nice to look at collection pics, and VN collection pics especially since they seem to be relatively rare. I said it before in a thread of yours a few weeks ago but the PE physical copy is the one I'd want most but I think I've missed the boat on that one :(.

If you don't mind sharing, what did you think of ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two and Gin'iro, Haruka? And also, what are the two Favorite titles in the second Japanese PC VN pic?

It's also surprising to see how many of those VNs have animes as well... 

On 1.9.2018 at 2:09 AM, snowbell55 said:

If you don't mind sharing, what did you think of ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two and Gin'iro, Haruka? And also, what are the two Favorite titles in the second Japanese PC VN pic?

I haven't played them yet, while I have a big collection I haven't really played that many of them. Regarding the japanese titles I have so far played 5 titles on vita and 1 on PS4 and haven't really started on PC, kind of wanted to use the console ones to get better in japanese before going to the PC ones, but pretty sure I should be able to read Hanasaki Work Springs easily so will probably start reading it in not too long. Gin'iro Haruka will probably take me a while considering the length of it.

The collection is a result of a trip I had to Japan (all the physical PC titles), importing lots of VNs based on anime since they are rather easy and a good way to practise japanese + being fun and also just collecting the titles I wanted that were available in english in case they went out of print.

So ye I have a very long backlog, slowly getting through them though.

Edited by bakauchuujin

That's very nice collection indeed! And as i don't usually follow the news about VNs i can't purchase/japan only, i'm kinda interested to see here titles such as Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka, Sakuraso, To Love Ru, Plastic Memories, New Game and Re: Zero. I either forgot about their existence or didn't know at all.

41 minutes ago, cro-mag said:

i'm kinda interested to see here titles such as Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka, Sakuraso, To Love Ru, Plastic Memories, New Game and Re: Zero.

Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka I found to be quite good, personally I felt like it managed the relaxed and cute atmosphere really well, I actually liked it a whole lot more than the anime, felt like it worked better in regards to things such as comedic timing. It is of course really childish, but if you liked the anime or manga you are probably really going to like the VN.

As for the Sakurasou one I found it to be a nice read, they handle the characters quite well and the jokes worked pretty well. The story works well with the series and the characters and I think it is overall pretty good. A problem I have with it though is that you need to do each route 2 times to get everything, they have these short events that last only a few minuts that you need a 2nd playthrough of the route to get, also there is a new game+ thing which forces you to begin from scratch if you want that extra scene. Also there is a gameplay thing where you have to choose who works on what and this will determine which route you get into, so it can be a pain in the ass going through the same thing again. So ye a good VN, but with some stupid decisions regarding gameplay and unlocking events.

The To Love Ru VN I found to be quite a disappointment. I really love the manga and the anime of To Love Ru (well the anime after season 1) and so I expected to really like it. Though my problems with it was that in many cases it lended too much from the original series doing pretty much just the same thing, but tamer due to restrictions of being on the Vita. The different routes were quite different in quality in my opinion with some being rather good and some being really bad, I thougth the Yami route was especially bad. While it does lend a lot from the anime and manga it does have some original content as well that at times are nice, so it is not horrible, though I think they could have done a much better job with it. Also there is this odd compression that makes everything look a lot worse than it should have, not sure why. Also the VN bugged out on me right before unlocking the last few CGs and stopped saving (can't save at all on any save file), then I deleted my data skipped through what I had gone through and right as I finished my last route the same problem occured, this is also something that seems to be more widespread since I managed to find some japanese sites where people were asking for help, didn't find an answer though.

Plastic Memories and Re;Zero VNs are still on my backlog, so ye can't really say much about them.

I am currently reading New Game! The Challenge Stage, feels like it is a bit lacking compared to the anime, since I feel like the animation was quite important for the mood of the scenes in the anime, but I am not really that far into it and I think it will pick up towards the later half.

Maybe if people are interested I could do some reviews of some of these.

Edited by bakauchuujin

5 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka I found to be quite good, personally I felt like it managed the relaxed and cute atmosphere really well, I actually liked it a whole lot more than the anime, felt like it worked better in regards to things such as comedic timing. It is of course really childish, but if you liked the anime or manga you are probably really going to like the VN.

As for the Sakurasou one I found it to be a nice read, they handle the characters quite well and the jokes worked pretty well. The story works well with the series and the characters and I think it is overall pretty good. A problem I have with it though is that you need to do each route 2 times to get everything, they have these short events that last only a few minuts that you need a 2nd playthrough of the route to get, also there is a new game+ thing which forces you to begin from scratch if you want that extra scene. Also there is a gameplay thing where you have to choose who works on what and this will determine which route you get into, so it can be a pain in the ass going through the same thing again. So ye a good VN, but with some stupid decisions regarding gameplay and unlocking events.

The To Love Ru VN I found to be quite a disappointment. I really love the manga and the anime of To Love Ru (well the anime after season 1) and so I expected to really like it. Though my problems with it was that in many cases it lended too much from the original series doing pretty much just the same thing, but tamer due to restrictions of being on the Vita. The different routes were quite different in quality in my opinion with some being rather good and some being really bad, I thougth the Yami route was especially bad. While it does lend a lot from the anime and manga it does have some original content as well that at times are nice, so it is not horrible, though I think they could have done a much better job with it. Also there is this odd compression that makes everything look a lot worse than it should have, not sure why. Also the VN bugged out on me right before unlocking the last few CGs and stopped saving (can't save at all on any save file), then I deleted my data skipped through what I had gone through and right as I finished my last route the same problem occured, this is also something that seems to be more widespread since I managed to find some japanese sites where people were asking for help, didn't find an answer though.

Plastic Memories and Re;Zero are still on my backlog, so ye can't really say much about them.

I am currently reading New Game, feels like it is a bit lacking compared to the anime, since I feel like the animation was quite important for the mood of the scenes in the anime, but I am not really that far into it and I think it will pick up towards the later half.

Oh, thanks for detailed review, didn't expect that. Unfortunately, i wouldn't be able to read anything even if i had these VNs, cuz i don't know japanese(( Don't exactly sad about To Love Ru and Re:Zero though, because, in case of the latter, i read web novel and think that's enough. And as for To Love Ru - personally i think the first season is quite good, 2nd is meh, because i don't like those sisters. Same with manga. Don't think i'm so interested in reading VN...

As for Plastic Memories... I quite liked the show, but don't like the fact they didn't explain why they

Spoiler

couldn't transfer memories to some vessel, and then to the new body, despite all this technological development...

So this sad mood in the end didn't quite get to me. But i think reading VN would still be quite interesting.

Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka - i think it's ideal reading for just relaxation, without thinking about anything, without serious plot or anything, just enjoying simple slice of life stuff. I did watch some slice of life that i like even more, but very few of them have VNs, so if i could afford it - maybe i would enjoy it from time to time.

But Sakurasou and New Game - that's what i definitely would like to read, cuz i love the shows very much. Sakurasou is one of my fav ever. And i rate New Game 10/10 on MAL as well. Very enjoyable. Here i feel envy that you can read them)) In a good way of course)

57 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

I have 2 questions: What is the white box of Kara no Shoujo?

What is the difference between your version of konosuba and this one with a different cover: http://5pb.jp/games/konosuba/product/

The white Kara no Shoujo is Kara no Shoujo 1 while the black one is Kara no Shoujo 2.

As for Konosuba, I have the limited edition which has an outer box and soundtrack as well as a drama CD. The other cover is the normal edition.