Pure x Connect Translation [Prologue and UI patch released]

Mikanmeister

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

I guess you woke up the editor :lol:

Yup, seems he did a whooping 142 lines in 2 weeks. Wow, I am in the mood for some math now. The editor finished 142 lines 2 weeks. Let's round that to 1 week for 71 lines.

The VN has 43896 - 302 = 43594 lines for editing left. 43594/71 = 614 (weeks). Assuming that every month has 4 weeks (well, let's round it up that way, I know it's not accurate), that would mean 614/4 = 153,5. And transforming this number into years... 153,5/12 ~ 12,8 ...

WOW! A whooping 12 (almost 13) years to finish the editing for this project! :D That is if we assume that he'll keep up the same pace and TLer finishes his part of the job faster than the editor can reach him.

If I didn't fuck up the math, this seems like awfully long for a project to take. For references, the only other project that lasted very long was ittaku's To Heart 2 (which took 10 years if I am remember correctly). Granted, it's likely that the editor is busy so he can't go faster at the moment. This is all under hypothesis that if the pace continues like this, it's gonna take awfully long xD

Still faster than me, but that's not an achievement anyone should be proud of XDDD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Status update

Prologue progress:

Translation: Complete

Editing:        1001/2120

Overall progress:

Translation: 4379/43896

Editing:        1001/43896

Now with holidays over we go back to a regular update schedule, also, on further news, @Meat_Bun1 has joined us as an editor, so expect faster progress on the editing side of things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Status update

Prologue progress:

Translation: Complete

Editing:        1798/2120

QC:             In progress

Overall progress:

Translation: 5043/43896

Editing:        1798/43896

@crying joins us as an editor and QC.

We will release a partial patch soonTM, once the prologue editing and QC are finished, anyone interested in helping us proofreading the partial patch will have the benefit of having early access, so please contact me if that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Status update

Overall progress:

Translation: 7205/43896

Editing:        3560/43896

Prologue patch

To apply the patch, extract the files and drop them on the game folder.

There will be a link on the main post with the most recent patch, also, we are searching for an image editor to help us translate the game UI, the patch will be updated once that's done, other than that, next patch should be a common route patch, which is about 13k lines(Counting prologue lines)

I don't think removing honorifics is necessarily a sin, regardless of whether a title is a moege or not. Ultimately, it's a style choice, and if they want to do it without honorifics, I don't have anything against that. Just don't do mixed honorifics and no honorifics. That's just very bad and makes no sense. I didn't have time to check the partial, but I may check it out later. Congratulations to the team for staying strong like this.

Edited by Infernoplex

Ultimately, making good translation without honorifics is more difficult, but if they can pull it off without destroying the mood or relationship dynamic between characters - more power to them :) That's also one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No  translation - I'm really curious how will they handle it.

8 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Ultimately, making good translation without honorifics is more difficult, but if they can pull it off without destroying the mood or relationship dynamic between characters - more power to them :) That's also one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No  translation - I'm really curious how will they handle it.

You just reminded me that I haven't heard about Kanishino in a while. I hope they are doing okay. Kanishino is a very hype VN for me.

As for what's more difficult... yeah, I guess maybe doing a TL without honorifics is a bit harder? Well, if you are already taking that step, then I guess one should also switch the order of names to Western standard. You'd have to pay attention to that stuff in the script. Yeah, it may sound awkward when a character says a surname+honorific of someone and you see the first name without a honorific in translation. But I don't mind that too much. I am more worried about awkward sentences and phrasings. Grammar too.

I prefer to keep the distinction between first and last name even when honorifics are discarded*. Especially when the switch occurs somewhere in the middle (the "let's start calling each other by first names" scene). If you already use bare first name, you have nowhere to go - I think this occured in ASFOS, rendering one or two scenes a bit confusing. Also, the "honorifics-off" version of Nahoko's epilogue in Hitotsuba makes no sense because of that. If such scenarios happen often in given VN, maybe it's better to keep honorifics - it's less messy that way ;) Well, as always - everything depends on context, it's impossible to set golden rule.

* but this has disadvantages too, as calling someone with just their last name may sound rude... Still, in my schools we often referred to others by their last name when speaking of them (not adressing them directly), and also many people had nicknames based on their surnames (myself included ;))... context, context, and style...

Edited by adamstan

28 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I prefer to keep the distinction between first and last name even when honorifics are discarded*. Especially when the switch occurs somewhere in the middle (the "let's start calling each other by first names" scene). If you already use bare first name, you have nowhere to go - I think this occured in ASFOS, rendering one or two scenes a bit confusing. Also, the "honorifics-off" version of Nahoko's epilogue in Hitotsuba makes no sense because of that. If such scenarios happen often in given VN, maybe it's better to keep honorifics - it's less messy that way ;) Well, as always - everything depends on context, it's impossible to set golden rule.

* but this has disadvantages too, as calling someone with just their last name may sound rude... Still, in my schools we often referred to others by their last name when speaking of them (not adressing them directly), and also many people had nicknames based on their surnames (myself included ;))... context, context, and style...

Well, that's why it's considered harder to do things without honorifics. The reason those scenes didn't make sense is because they didn't bother to rewrite them. That's the downside of no honorifics - you have to put in extra effort to make the text not look too awkward. Or sometimes you just give up (like in the cases you mentioned).

Edited by Infernoplex