Romance VN with good plot and feels?

glupak

Something like clannad or fureraba maybe? Maybe a moege but something with a decent plot. I enjoyed fureraba, haven't played clannad but I've seen the anime, dies irae wasn't bad too.  I've also played grisaia and enjoyed it.Preferably a non-idiot MC. Only ones translated in english please. Thanks in advance.

Edited by glupak

Wagamana High Spec is somewhat similar to Fureraba (though not quite as funny). Also has the most H content I've ever seen in a VN.

Kono Oozora . Pretty lighthearted. Some of the flying scenes and music are really good.

ef - a fairy tale of the two . All sorts of drama, packs some real emotional feels too.

41 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

ef - a fairy tale of the two . All sorts of drama, packs some real emotional feels too.

I second ef~ and I'll add "eden* They were only two, on the planet". OP, if you want feels, you have to read those two minori VNs. Plus eden*'s MC kinda resembles Yuuji from Grisaia in a way, so there's also that. And speaking of Grisaia, when I finished it people on this forum suggested that I read "Sharin no kuni, himawari no shoujo" because it was really similar, and it is indeed. It's arguably less focused on the romance and more on solving the girls' problems, but the romance is still there nonetheless.

Aside from that you can try reading other Key VNs, if you enjoyed Clannad. For romance, Kanon and especially Air comes to mind.

Let's see. For your recommendations, I think I can recommend Dracu Riot here. Other than that, maybe you can try Miagete (If you didn't mind lack of sex scenes thanks to Pulltop), Da Capo trilogy, and Island (If you didn't mind some hard sci-fi). Also if you want more, you can try Sanoba later. I hope that my recommendations would be helpful to you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 3:06 PM, littleshogun said:

Let's see. For your recommendations, I think I can recommend Dracu Riot here. Other than that, maybe you can try Miagete (If you didn't mind lack of sex scenes thanks to Pulltop), Da Capo trilogy, and Island (If you didn't mind some hard sci-fi). Also if you want more, you can try Sanoba later. I hope that my recommendations would be helpful to you.

Hey, I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was just wondering if Sanoba and Miagete's translation were good, or at the very least, readable. I heard quite a bit of controversy about the translation of Miagete a while back iirc, so I don't know. 

For Miagete, at least the translation is below average from what I'd heard (ie mediocre), although to tell the truth I'm not the expert in regard of the translation though. As for Sanoba, let's just said that since Decay was involved in that, the translation should be good (Decay is one of the people whose quite critical to some translation to say it lightly). In the end, what I can say is that you should try Miagete first, and if the translation is fine to you then you can continue it.

53 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

For Miagete, at least the translation is below average from what I'd heard (ie mediocre), although to tell the truth I'm not the expert in regard of the translation though. As for Sanoba, let's just said that since Decay was involved in that, the translation should be good (Decay is one of the people whose quite critical to some translation to say it lightly). In the end, what I can say is that you should try Miagete first, and if the translation is fine to you then you can continue it.

Okay. Thanks a bunch