So I just finished Newton and the Apple Tree... (Spoilers!)

Naterocks2000

So, after finishing all routes I feel a large void in my soul, especially after Alice's route. (Spoilers coming right now so turn back if you don't want them) I thought that she would jump into the dome or something similar and return to Syugi's world but alas, nothing of the sorts occurred. Just a depressing ending, where it would be hard for either Alice or Syugi to be happy again.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel like this?

57 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Jesus you guys read fast.

It's not that long of a visual novel to begin with, about 10 to 30 hours, I finished it a couple of days ago myself including the Continue+ extra route (I haven't read all of the extra H-scenes yet).

Although I don't consider Alice's ending a bad end at all, there aren't any bad ends in this visual novel to begin with.

I do read pretty fast myself though.

Edited by Shaun

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Although I don't consider Alice's ending a bad end at all, there aren't any bad ends in this visual novel to begin with.

I'll rephrase what I said. Instead of bad end, I'll say depressing end. Two lovers not able to be together again is pretty depressing if you ask me (Getting Familiar of Zero flashbacks *trembles*)

2 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:

I'll rephrase what I said. Instead of bad end, I'll say depressing end. Two lovers not able to be together again is pretty depressing if you ask me (Getting Familiar of Zero flashbacks *trembles*)

I understand that completely, I even cried a bit during some parts of her route (even during Emmy's route) whenever the subject got brought up.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

I understand that completely, I even cried a bit during some parts of her route (even during Emmy's route) whenever the subject got brought up.

I'll admit Alice's route made me tear up a bit as well.{Especially the absolute last part when MC says "At that moment I could have sworn the wind carried in the scent of a certain little girl"Had me thinking she figured out how to come to his time*sniffs*

Haven't teared up since Hoshimemo or Da capo 3. (Also during my playthrough of Witcher 3 like 4 or 5 months ago.)

reach alice end. when MC's granpa says that he can do whatever he want, he didnt go back in time and make a happy end with alice.

disappointed and sad at the same time

:amane:

also i wonder how glossary terms are arranged

Edited by wyldstrykr

7 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

reach alice end. when MC's granpa says that he can do whatever he want, he didnt go back in time and make a happy end with alice.

disappointed and sad at the same time

:amane:

also i wonder how glossary terms are arranged

Go to Special > Extra and click on Continue+ which is found at the bottom right of the screen, it's a continuation of Alice's route.

Answer with these choices:

- I’ll buy the next game.

- No

- I’ll pre-order the game right now!

- Yes I want to see.

- It’s really… big...

You'll understand why when you go into it.

All I'm left wondering is how many Lavi's are running about now, considering she is the one who has to reset the timeline whenever the protag dates a girl that isn't Alice. The reason why that's all I'm left wondering, is because Newton has some really nice bookends. The plot kind of wraps itself up quite nicely, with a sad note to end. (ps: continue+ is dumb af lol)

Overall rating on Newton and the rapple tree: 10/10 mixtape

1 hour ago, TexasDice said:

All I'm left wondering is how many Lavi's are running about now, considering she is the one who has to reset the timeline whenever the protag dates a girl that isn't Alice. The reason why that's all I'm left wondering, is because Newton has some really nice bookends. The plot kind of wraps itself up quite nicely, with a sad note to end. (ps: continue+ is dumb af lol)

Overall rating on Newton and the rapple tree: 10/10 mixtape

You have a point, from what I just noticed it is possible there are at least 2 Lavi's that know the MC but I don't think she resets the timeline like you're thinking, from what it looks like she only does that once at the end of her route which is why the choice "From the Balcony…?" becomes available after her route and it continues from there and it would be pointless for her to reset it anymore after the first time.  It wouldn't make any sense for her to reset the timeline every time the MC didn't choose Alice, he had to do Haru and Emmy's routes before Alice's route.

I disagree that continue+ is dumb, it really isn't dumb at all, it makes up for the way Alice's route ended.

• 3 weeks later...

This VN is a thing of beauty. Haru's voice acting was excellent in her route. I almost cried in Emmy's. I did cry hard at the end of Alice's. I greatly appreciate the Continue Plus, even if it was omake. It took itself just seriously enough to wash the bad taste of the end of Alice's route out of my mouth and leave me with a finished game and a grin on my face.

Also, whoever wrote the threesome H scene in the extras section? Give that man a raise! Syuji is gonna be dead when he wakes up, assuming either of them remember, but he could probably salute Lavi before he goes. 'I have no regrets.'