Nekonyan's Two August Announcements

littleshogun

1 hour ago, Decay said:

To clarify, NekoNyan's version will contain all of the enhancements to the base game the Vita version brings, but it will NOT contain the new routes introduced in New Division, the fandisc. (source: nekonyan discord)

Sorta makes sense that the base game and fandisc are being treated as separate products. They probably come with separate licenses with separate fees and all for the licensor.

*sigh* Then why using New Division cover...

Spoiler

featuredImgHL.jpg

26177.jpg

Bummer. Will wait until proper announcement of full version.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

so if i´m not mistaken nekonyan teaming up with hikari field basically means both parties have access to all titles each of them has has already licensed aka monobeno, tayutama and more. sounds like a pretty great deal + being able to reach out to potentially 1billion customers is never a bad thing

Edited by SaintOfVoid

9 minutes ago, Veshurik said:

So, that means, we... get Sakuranomori Dreamers from Nekonyan, not Mangagamer? W... Wow. Just wow.

i´d say maybe. whilst hikari field has already licensed it, that only applies to its chinese version. can´t really see moonstone being against an english one (why would they even), so if mangagamer doesn´t want to (assuming moonstone gives them priority) then there´s a rather good chance nekonyan will do if interested in it. think that´s also the whole point of their blogpost, like things going more smooth with developers when coming up with guarantied dual language releases.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

I am not sure if NekoNyan automatically gets the right to Hikari Fields past titles. I guess that would depend on whether Hikari Fields acquired the license for the English market in the past, when the bought the Chinese rights and whether Hikari Fields are allowed to pass/sell those on to NekoNyan. It could be that Hikari Fields has the rights for the English market on those titles but can't give them NekoNyan. In that case maybe NekoNyan could translate them for then but they would be released under the label Hikari Field? Would be a bit messy.

Generally I would just expect that is cooperation only effect  VN acquired from here on.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

2 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Generally I would just expect that is cooperation only effect games VN acquired from here on.

true, but on the other hand licensing past titles to either party should be a possibility as well, like there´s no real reason why jp-devs would say no to both languages being handled by the same ones, except for titles which are already out of question, eg. maitetsu

10 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

true, but on the other hand licensing past titles to either party should be a possibility as well, like there´s no real reason why jp-devs would say no to both languages being handled by the same ones, except for titles which are already out of question, eg. maitetsu

It really depends where the rights lie and what the contracts say. As long as the rights are with the Japanese rightsholder they can give them who ever they want. It will be interesting to watch Tayutama 2 and Magical Charming! both of them where announced in English prior to this cooperation. Meaning that Hikari Fields holds the rights to both the Chinese as well as the English version. It will be interesting to see if NekoNyan gets involved with those titles. And as Maitetsu shows Hikari Fields didn't always acquire both the Chinese and the English license (since the english license here lies with Sekai Project.)

But Lump of sugar could be really cooperative if Hikari Fields approached them and said, hey we bought the English license for Tayutama 2  and Magical Charming! from you but we want to let Nekonyan handle that. Maybe they don't care. I don't know.

My guess is that the english rights to Sakura no Mori † Dreamers  still lie with Moonstone, so either of the English publishers can acquire them.

I'm very interested in reading Hello Lady! I heard of it before, and I love listening to the op theme. I really hope we get Aokana or any title from Makura, or Hatsuyuki Sakura announcement from Neko Nyan. The partnership with Hikari Field is pretty cool, since they had Hello Lady in Chinese on Steam. I wish Sakuragame would let a better company handle the tiles they machine translated, and give them a really good translation, then Sakura Game can just do them in Chinese while another professional comany would properly translate them into English. If Sakuragame was kind enough, a good company can give Fortissmo a better translation. Sadly I don't know if Sakuragame will do that, but one could hope, then maybe I wouldn't be nervous when they get titles like Fortissmo and machine translate it. I hope Tayutama 1 comes overseas, cause I want to read that, and then the sequel. At least we are getting Hello Goodbye which I can't wait to read it soon.

Well we did have enough drama back at the beginning of July 2017 in regard of their second announcement here, so I guess it would be fitting if one say that this is the VN that have a lot of drama. Anyway, here's the second announcement from Nekonyan with the name of Aokana, which obviously prove that at least Sprite did have some sense to not trusted the 'overseas transplant' to the company like SG. Once again here's Nekonyan's tweet for the proof.

Edited by littleshogun

3 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

So it is Aokana, this VN is pretty hyped up, is it really that good? Never liked these 'sports' type ones tbh (esp the anime was horrible but thats not a good judge :leecher:

Btw wasnt this already getting a Western release through ps4? 

Doesn't seem like it. The developers did leak it would have an international version some time ago, and that might be where that idea comes from, as according to NekoNyan, the version they are using is based on the console version (there will be H-Scenes).

No matter how you look at it, those are two very notable announcements, I think having way more weight than any of the moege they licenced previously. If they can keep the quality high, they're on the right path to becoming everyone's second favourite VN localizer, just after MG. :3

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Hmm, I haven't heard of NekonyanSoft. Are they new to the company and do they translate VNs and sell them like Mangagamer?

Either way, there is finally some Moege that look interesting for me to read.

The big question is that will the curse for Aokana finally be broken?

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

Hmm, I haven't heard of NekonyanSoft. Are they new to the company and do they translate VNs and sell them like Mangagamer?

Either way, there is finally some Moege that look interesting for me to read.

The big question is that will the curse for Aokana finally be broken?

NekoNyanSoft are relatively new. They translated and released Fureraba back in March. Their next release will be Sanoba Witch this October. They do translate and sell VNs and they're handled by some native staff, though a lot of them are actually based in Europe. None of the machine translation nonsense, but they haven't put out many titles themselves to judge by. Only Fureraba thus far.

At any rate, they have seven projects thus far, and a lot of them are popular stuff.

Edited by Mr Poltroon