SakuraGames announced Midori no Umi

Ronnie21093

u can also read it in chinese upon release, and if theres a bunch of retards actually buying its engrish version on steam, so be it. as long as it nets them enough money to localize more titles i couldnt care less where it comes from. btw start blaming the devs for even throwing their eng licenses at them in the first place, just saying.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

8 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

btw start blaming the devs for even throwing their eng licenses at them in the first place, just saying.

wat

It's SakuraGame's fault for not giving even the smallest shit about the quality of their products.  They're machine-TL'ing scripts, and literally nobody is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do so.  The devs that work with SG and the customers that buy their games are partially at fault for enabling them, but the blame for the garbage SG craps out lies solely with the people producing it.

I started to learn Japanese a while ago and doing now my third semester in it. And yes VNs were one of the reasons to start but there were others. Anyway, its not thaaat hard. Grammar is pretty "simple"and Hiragana and Katakana can be learned in one week. The biggest mountain to climb is Kanji, but yeah Ive no trick for that, two semesters and I still know about 60 or so.

37 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Then why don't you try learning it? Is it because of one of these 3 reasons?

1. I'm too busy to learn a new language.
  2. I'll only do it once I've run out of good English releases
  3. I don't have the motivation to.

:makina:

5: I have a learning disability that makes it difficult to learn stuff like this without human guidance.

6. I did have many times here, but I decided to not learn it anyway because it mean more backlog to me here.

Anyway the reason for not learning Japanese aside, too bad that SG decided to localized Midori no Umi there because this is one VN that I'd like to heard the opening for it back at 2013. But it's not like I need to read it anyways, seeing that there's still some good announcements out there. Of course it's still worrying though seeing that SG started to get the license of interesting VNs such as this and Fortissimo, but in the end perhaps what we can do here is either watch helplessly, do learn Japan to read it in the original language, start the new project to retranslate those two VNs, read it anyway even with the knowledge that it's quite badly translated, or just move on and ignore this.

5 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

What struck me about the announcement was that they left the title in moonrunes.  Presumably I'd be following them and buying their games because I can't decode moonrunes... right?

Spoiler

106103.jpg

Okay, I'll stop with the pictures

• 4 months later...

We have the sad news in which it's finally released at Steam. Here's the store page if you interested (Or just want to see how bad it is), and let's just use US$1 on something else instead of buy this. As expected it is censored, so there's more of the reason for not buy this.

Edit - Apparently it did have the 18+ patch, so at least it's not censored like all other SG releases. The translation is still bad though along with missing graphics, so my point is still stands that you don't need to spend US$1 on this.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, Veshurik said:

s4E6994D9-k.jpg

F9OiYzIPwEE.jpg

Wonderful. Just wonderful...

Those examples are nothing! I actually read through this travesty, and although you understand the big picture, certain conversations and such flies straight over your head. Sakuragames are shit.. There is no doubt about that. Fortunately this vn was dirt cheap. I guess that's the only upside to this.

I'll just write some opinions on this. Not too many are good, which is strange as i couldn't stop myself from reading (Yes, translation is horrible but you know whats going on)

I do love stories where you end up some place with no memories and it makes a big point of making it into a mystery to be solved. Other people are there, but they're weirdly cheerful. Shit happens as time goes on, but the people act like nothing. That was exciting in the mystery stages, but after the reveals, it made the VN an absolute travesty. 2 girls in the house goes on killing innocent people for sometimes, well, ok reasons (if an unstable person becomes threatening) and other times just because that person didn't fit in. That's nothing but murder in cold blood and the funny thing is that it tries to act serious about it at the end, it does so in an unserious way. Murder in cold blood seriously trivialized. 

I have to talk about routes to get into more details

Spoiler

Rikuno and Sorane:

Well, nothing much is revealed here. It's a early route and it's own deal more or less. It's nothing terrible, kind of fresh type of drama if you ask me. I've not seen it before in any vn's i've played. I liked it.

Sara: Same as above. Sara is the twins guardian and everything is related to that route. But holy shit is Sara a cutie. I think she might be among my favourite heroines. 

Misaki: Yikes. This is the first offense of the VN. MC goes into a romantic relationship with her and then he turns into a retard somewhere along the route. She's frustrated and confused. Who wouldn't if they found themselves in a mansion in the middle of nowhere with strangers and a wiped memory? Well, the protagonist starts to rage at the end and pushes her into a lake. It was a stupid twist. But there is more. I found out this route had a second ending! We've seen this before i thought, a route being corrected to it's proper end the second time around! WRONG! This time she remembered being pushed in the first end and starts talking about timelines. Well she gets pushed again and drags him down with her. The end. Fuck sake what a waste of time reading it.

Hana: Yet another cutie. I like how this VN doesn't have super standard heroine personalities like most translated works. She's the maid of the house. She's super friendly and helps people out when they need it. But you find out she doesn't want to partake in activities like sports and music (i get sports, but not the music) And you find out later by accidentally walking in on her bathing (why didn't she lock the door? -_-) that she's full of scars all over her body from being abused by babysitters i think it was when she was younger. Weirdly enough her parents didn't give a shit. So she had big complexes around these. Well, nothing i see often either so it was a refreshing route yet again and she and mc leaves with Rikuno, Sorane and Sara when they get picked up by the helicopter at the end. Happy end. 

Tsumugi: fuck loli route. Didn't do it. She's a murderer and i'm content with just that knowledge.

Chisa: This is a bit more complicated. She's frustrated. She's selfish and she wants to get out. Her persona inside the house is a facade. I think it's all understandable given the context. Chisa a victim She knows that the smallest thing she does in order to stick out can earn her a knife in the back by cunt loli or main heroine. I can't give her any bad points as i understand all to well why she is the way she is and wants to get out. In the end they get out the same way as above and lives happily ever after. Good route all in all.

Michuru: This is where things gets complicated for me. She's a cold bloded murderer. She doesn't always murder because she have to. The game tries to make her into a sympathetic heroine but that's just shallow nonsense. It was more fine in the beginning when everyone became crazy (before the mc arrived at the house) But what came after that was truly unprecedented. She's killed the MC in multiple bad ends for basically no reason. She killed Takuma for crying and wanting to go back to his mom. He's just a kid of about 10 years or so. How do you even justify that? You don't. It's despicable. Worst fucking main heroine i've ever encountered. I did hope this true route would shed some information where we could view things as more necessary than we thought prior to the route, but it didn't. It was simply cold blooded murder for trivial reasons. Everyone finds out she and Tsumugi are murderers, yet they keep respecting them. Fucking hell what idiocy. In the end everyone gets their happy ending and MC and Muchuru gets released and lives on happily ever after. Rarely enough i hoped she would go crazy and the mc would kill her. She didn't deserve a happy ending. 

5 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

In this case, then let's just say that the opening song itself is quite good and will remind you of Kara no Shoujo 2 opening (Same singer and composer) if you'd play it.

I haven't played the second. First was depressing enough and i'll read the second when the third is out (if it ever gets finished)