Moenovel announces next Title

Freestyle80

https://twitter.com/Moenovel/status/1032902604685303808

Kono Oozora Flight Diary announced

You know I wasnt expecting them to return to this, not really something I wanted either but I do need to reread the title after the re translation was released :sachi:

This is gonna be a FD without any 18+ content though which is kinda what most of those side stories usually has :mare:

Edited by Freestyle80

7 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Well if anyone wants to retranslate/restoration patch this Im more than happy to QC/QA again

I think the rest of the original restoration/retranslation team isnt interested in doing this again especially with how long the original took

When these kind of thought are the first that comes to mind when Moenovel announces something I am starting to wonder if the ones making said patch should just not make it compatible for Moenovel's release. I think it is pretty shitty that Moenovel earns money on having other people do the work for them, if most of the people buying the VN only does so because of a fanpatch fixing everything I don't think that the money should go to Moenovel.

34 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Well if anyone wants to retranslate/restoration patch this Im more than happy to QC/QA again

I think the rest of the original restoration/retranslation team isnt interested in doing this again especially with how long the original took

If anyone was interested in this game they would have already translated it years ago. Dunno what's up with people starting translation projects only after something is badly translated...

15 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

Why is noone celebrating the fact that there will be more Kotori

I have no idea.

I, for one, am looking forward to this, provided the translation is better than Cross Channel or the main game and they keep the censorship at the same level as A Sky Full of Stars at worst.

I'd just like to ask about one thing regarding Konosora fandiscs. There was once floating around the net something called "Sweet Love". However it isn't mentioned on the VNDB. AFAIK it was afterstory for Kotori. And it functioned as an addon/DLC for main game. So is it just another name/version of "Snow Presents"? Or what was it and why isn't it on VNDB?

Edited by adamstan

10 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I'd just like to ask about one thing regarding Konosora fandiscs. There was once floating around the net something called "Sweet Love". However it isn't mentioned on the VNDB. AFAIK it was afterstory for Kotori. And it functioned as an addon/DLC for main game. So is it just another name/version of "Snow Presents"? Or what was it and why isn't it on VNDB?

It's an add on for the original VN. It literally adds an extra option on the title screen. And it's mostly fluff into H scenes

My guess it didnt a new vndb entry because you need the original VN to actually use it.

Like any FD, I decided to just pass on this. Although I would like to slightly commend Pulltop for this though, if only because they already have PSV version of that and therefore proved that they still have common sense lol. Now if only Pulltop did managed to recruit Miagete's translator, then it should be good. Of course like their previous overseas release, we obviously shouldn't expect that Pulltop will translate the sex scenes.

Edited by littleshogun

5 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Like any FD, I decided to just pass on this. Although I would like to slightly commend Pulltop for this though, if only because they already have PSV version of that and therefore proved that they still have common sense lol. Now if only Pulltop did managed to recruit Miagete's translator, then it should be good. Of course like their previous overseas release, we obviously shouldn't expect that Pulltop will translate the sex scenes.

I like how the entry on VNDB says 12+ :wahaha:

https://vndb.org/r58996

3 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I have no idea.

I, for one, am looking forward to this, provided the translation is better than Cross Channel or the main game and they keep the censorship at the same level as A Sky Full of Stars at worst.

Miagete Goron's translation was actually not that bad, it was readable and I never felt too uncomfortable reading it

35 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

How come moenovel is still a running company?

Pulltop sells i guess? Kono Oozora actually sold quite well (which is why they are doing this obviously)

46 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I like how the entry on VNDB says 12+ :wahaha:

https://vndb.org/r58996

is that why they translated boobs to eyes in the original? :mare:

Edited by Freestyle80

3 hours ago, Ronnie21093 said:

I really hope people start learning that MoeNovel is not good. Then again, if people were actually that smart, EA would be out of business by now. Actually kind of sad that people give MoeNovel money....

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Can't really expect much from desperate VN fans, can you?

You should write a guide describing those developers/translator companies and the differences between them. Someone like me who only just discovered VNs a couple months ago can't possibly know the difference. VNs are such a niche field...even if you try to specifically google it to learn about it you will still feel very much in the dark. I wish I had a better grasp upon the state of English translated VNs, given how much I love them.

2 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

You should write a guide describing those developers/translator companies and the differences between them. Someone like me who only just discovered VNs a couple months ago can't possibly know the difference. VNs are such a niche field...even if you try to specifically google it to learn about it you will still feel very much in the dark. I wish I had a better grasp upon the state of English translated VNs, given how much I love them.

Mangagamer - Best company in terms of quality

Sekai Project - mainly average with some bad TLs and a few good ones (Like Root Double and the Grisaia series)

JAST - Good quality overall if you ignore the state of the first Flowers TL.

Sol Press - Only released one VN, so I have no clue.

NekoNyan - decent TL quality.

The others - Either machine TL or just terrible TL work in general. Ignore anything from them.