Thoughts on Fortissimo?

Ronnie21093

3 minutes ago, The Striker said:

Well...its sakura gamer that we are talking about, i expect a suck machine translation...really sad. 

According to Sakura Game themselves, they only finished "translationing" 1/3 of it before releasing it...

Edited by Ronnie21093

This is just my opinion based on the original game, to give people a reference point.

Fortissimo and its ubiquitous remakes and sequels are what I can't help but describe as 'generic' chuunige.  That doesn't necessarily make them bad... there are some great moments in there, and there is plenty of tension and cool battles to enjoy. 

Where the game fails is on pacing.  The game's pacing feels mechanical (not in a perfection sense but in a rigid pattern sense), character drama is frequently portrayed with little depth, and there is a sense that the main mechanic of the original game (destroying the physical manifestation of another's  magic to win) is designed mostly as an excuse to prevent Loki/Reiji from being completely unstoppable and exile 'normies' from the story. 

What is worse, most of the true character development is ex post facto... after everything has fallen to pieces.  Forcing most of the characters together as a group of friends was a bit unimaginative as a tactic in this case, and it had predictable results.  

Perhaps the best character in the game is Momiji (second is her best friend, the student council president), but outside her path, there is a definite sense that she is only there to provide cheap feels for the reader when predictable tragedy strikes.  The fact that the game deliberately avoids detailing large swathes of Sayuki and Reiji's pasts in order to prevent you from getting an idea of what Kadenz Fermata's characters are like in advance makes things worse, as it causes both to fall oddly flat at times.

This game would have been awesome if they hadn't written it with that poor quality sequel in mind.

Well no sex scenes, so I won't play this VN lol - I knew that I would probably skip the scenes if it's included anyway, but still it would be nice if we can release it uncensored. That said, it's a shame that the translation was quite bad because the heroines looking good. Let's just think that Lacryma there was quite desperate for money, so they decided to approach SakuraGames lol.

Edited by littleshogun

I really hope this gets fan translated. I wanted so badly to read this. I really like genres and op themes of this vn. I was hopeful that Neko Nyan was going to get this, but then I saw SG got it 1st, and I was disappointed that they got it. I hope Neko Nyan announces Aokana. Aokana is one of the vns I wanted to read in English. 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Acrylic7 said:

I have bias for Chuunige. I can tolerate bad translation but not terrible translation. Hope it's the former not the later. 

It's not terrible. It's worse than that.

There's even some untranslated things here and there, together with ridiculous onomatopoeias like "GUL", "Chou Chou" and "Woo!", switching "-san" for "-sensei" and "nii-san" for "senpai", mispelling character names for hours, translating character names wrong (Like translating "Momiji" as "Kureha"), programming bugs and so on. I don't think it's wise to try this "translation".

0jPxyic.png

At least Your Diary translation still managed to translated the name correctly (Well mostly because I did find some occasional mistakes in regard of names), although I'm need to rely on the hearing to understand it though which to say not quite ideal for reading the VN. While for Fortissimo here, let's just say that I'll need more effort compared to Your Diary to understand it (I would say that Fortissimo 'translation' here had the same quality as Soukoku no Arterial narration patch), so the obvious choice is that I wouldn't pick this and moreso because we didn't have the H scenes translated lol. Anyway what I can say is that the best way to enjoy Fortissimo here would be just treat it as the eye candy seeing that the girls are quite good looking lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 8:28 PM, Testarossa said:

It's not terrible. It's worse than that.

There's even some untranslated things here and there, together with ridiculous onomatopoeias like "GUL", "Chou Chou" and "Woo!", switching "-san" for "-sensei" and "nii-san" for "senpai", mispelling character names for hours, translating character names wrong (Like translating "Momiji" as "Kureha"), programming bugs and so on. I don't think it's wise to try this "translation".

0jPxyic.png

Better that SakuraGame doesn't localize another game. Very very unfortunate that the Japanese company doesn't really care about this. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, Ronnie21093 said:

So now that Fortissimo is out on Steam, what is everyone's opinion on the release? 

facing said dilemma you could also ask yourself whether or not breaking your own dick might make it look better in speedos, seriously though, there isn´t even an opinion to have coming to machine tl´d titles of any kind. stuff is utterly unreadable and simply makes no sense, no matter how you look at it, means fortissimo has no english tl as of yet. nothing to read, nothing to rate.

Edited by SaintOfVoid