What are you drinking?

Corrupted

4 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

Interesting combination. Feel any effects from that the next day?

A light hangover, which consisted of soreness, dizziness when I moved and general fatigue.  Nothing a cup of coffee and some relaxation couldn't fix.  I've been pretty lucky with hangovers so far, I've yet to experience a really bad one.

Just now, Zenophilious said:

A light hangover, which consisted of soreness, dizziness when I moved and general fatigue.  Nothing a cup of coffee and some relaxation couldn't fix.  I've been pretty lucky with hangovers so far, I've yet to experience a really bad one.

I hope your luck holds out. Seems they get worse the more you have them. The worst I've ever had were usually related to cinnamon alcohol for some reason...Fireball, Goldslager. Wine seems to make me feel like I'm "stained" with it the next day, so I tend to avoid it. I experimented with heavy stuff a lot back in my college days, now I'm quite happy with my light beers of no consequence xD.

I see from your signature you're playing Evenicle, assuming it's still accurate. I am too, on chapter 6. Yourself?

12 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I hope your luck holds out. Seems they get worse the more you have them. The worst I've ever had were usually related to cinnamon alcohol for some reason...Fireball, Goldslager. Wine seems to make me feel like I'm "stained" with it the next day, so I tend to avoid it. I experimented with heavy stuff a lot back in my college days, now I'm quite happy with my light beers of no consequence xD.

I see from your signature you're playing Evenicle, assuming it's still accurate. I am too, on chapter 6. Yourself?

I kinda like the hard stuff, not gonna lie.  I'll take shots of straight whiskey if I'm not feeling in a beer mood, and I've learned to like the less shitty brands of vodka.  I do like beer too, though, but I mostly stick with IPAs, since ales are a bit too weak for my taste.

I'm finishing up chapter 4 right now.  I tend to get easily distracted when I read VNs, so I'm not that fast at reading them anymore.

14 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

yeah.. im "working" :makina: 

...What?

I'm bamboozled. Ok I'm gonna put on my detective hat.

Working is in quotes and you've got a Makina face, so it's obviously an ironic "working". Which means...it's something that isn't work, with a high chance of being fun. Ok, are you:

1. Sitting at work slacking off

2. Sleeping

3. Doing something sex or masturbation related

4. Playing VNs

Am I warm?

19 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I kinda like the hard stuff, not gonna lie.  I'll take shots of straight whiskey if I'm not feeling in a beer mood, and I've learned to like the less shitty brands of vodka.  I do like beer too, though, but I mostly stick with IPAs, since ales are a bit too weak for my taste.

I'm finishing up chapter 4 right now.  I tend to get easily distracted when I read VNs, so I'm not that fast at reading them anymore.

My tastes just went for weaker and weaker starting with brown whiskey and finally ending up with light beer. Maybe it's just part of becoming an old person for some people. 

16 hours ago, Clephas said:

Mexican Coca-cola.  Earlier it was junmai daiginjo sake.  Replaying Sengoku Koihime and enjoying the harem.

Ooh I want some mexican coca-cola. 

Randomly question. What's your favorite harem? I really liked how all the wives get along in Evenicle and how in the Grisaia 3 afterstory:

Spoiler

They become some sort of tribe living off the land and taking turns getting pregnant.

4 hours ago, Corrupted said:

Randomly question. What's your favorite harem? I really liked how all the wives get along in Evenicle and how in the Grisaia 3 afterstory:

Hide contents

They become some sort of tribe living off the land and taking turns getting pregnant.

Draculius.

10 hours ago, Corrupted said:

...What?

I'm bamboozled. Ok I'm gonna put on my detective hat.

Working is in quotes and you've got a Makina face, so it's obviously an ironic "working". Which means...it's something that isn't work, with a high chance of being fun. Ok, are you:

1. Sitting at work slacking off

2. Sleeping

3. Doing something sex or masturbation related

4. Playing VNs

Am I warm?

its 1. sadly i done the work and there isnt a new work so im slacking off :amane:

• 3 months later...

I recently decided to stock up my cocktail bar again. It's not terribly expensive, at least when you're not a heavy drinker, if you can live with being able to mix a limited variety of drinks at a time and if you don't live in a country with a high alcohol tax (thank you, German beer lobby!). I decided to buy one liquor each month, alternating between base spirits like Gin, Whiskey, Rum,... and complementary stuff like fruit or herbal liquors and bitters.

This year for Christmas I'm making mustard with honey and whiskey as a present for my dad, so I thought this was a good opportunity to spend some money on a more or less proper US whiskey (since they tend to be more cocktail-friendly than Scotch) and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye. Rye Whiskey is quite hard to find in Germany and most people only know two US whiskeys (Jim Beam and Jack Daniels) so I was really surprised my local supermarket had it in stock. It turns out Rye goes best with rather specific components like absinth or sweet vermouth (which a don't have at home) but it's still a great base for more simple standard whiskey drinks like an Old Fashioned or a Whiskey Sour. One of my absolute favorite drinks is the New York Sour, which is a regular Whiskey Sour topped with a little red wine. It looks and tastes great as the red wine makes the drink more dry and complex and it's even better when you use spicey Rye instead of sweet Bourbon.

31 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

I recently decided to stock up my cocktail bar again. It's not terribly expensive, at least when you're not a heavy drinker, if you can live with being able to mix a limited variety of drinks at a time and if you don't live in a country with a high alcohol tax (thank you, German beer lobby!). I decided to buy one liquor each month, alternating between base spirits like Gin, Whiskey, Rum,... and complementary stuff like fruit or herbal liquors and bitters.

This year for Christmas I'm making mustard with honey and whiskey as a present for my dad, so I thought this was a good opportunity to spend some money on a more or less proper US whiskey (since they tend to be more cocktail-friendly than Scotch) and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye. Rye Whiskey is quite hard to find in Germany and most people only know two US whiskeys (Jim Beam and Jack Daniels) so I was really surprised my local supermarket had it in stock. It turns out Rye goes best with rather specific components like absinth or sweet vermouth (which a don't have at home) but it's still a great base for more simple standard whiskey drinks like an Old Fashioned or a Whiskey Sour. One of my absolute favorite drinks is the New York Sour, which is a regular Whiskey Sour topped with a little red wine. It looks and tastes great as the red wine makes the drink more dry and complex and it's even better when you use spicey Rye instead of sweet Bourbon.

It can't be a coincidence that i post for the first time in forever then my thread gets a hit. Musta seen my comment and followed my profile.

You sound so sophisticated that you're making my coors light taste worse. Well, it tastes like water, anyway.

42 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

It can't be a coincidence that i post for the first time in forever then my thread gets a hit. Musta seen my comment and followed my profile.

You sound so sophisticated that you're making my coors light taste worse. Well, it tastes like water, anyway.

It can't possibly be a coincidence I mix my first proper cocktail since god knows when around the same time you decide to return to the forum :P

I'm a bit nerdy when it comes to food and drinks but I'm not a real expert. I'm able to distinguish between higher and lower quality alcoholic drinks and know the basic taste profile of most spirits, but it doesn't go much further than that. That being said, Coors Light is a bad choice period. When you just want get drunk there's cheaper beer that tastes like water as well and when you want to drink tasty alcohol there's way better stuff.

Edited by alpacaman