Revamp Rules and Staff List

This comes out of a warning I received for spamming in a thread that was technically not in chatter but was nothing as chatter (the dumb mare loli thread that got featured). My spam in question was a single post I made with a reaction image. It was my first post in weeks as well, hardly something needing that silly warning garbage, Clephas. 

This made me realize that there are two problems here. Severely uneven enforcement of rules by moderators (which has honestly been a chronic problem for Fuwanovel through its entire history), and secondly, I don't even know who the staff of the website even are anymore. I was never aware that Clephas had the ability to issue warnings like that, nor was I aware board mods had any power to give warnings. I was under the impression that they could delete/hide posts and what not but not cut off posting of a member completely for a time. That in of itself is not the issue. The issue is more that there is that the Fuwa Directory is completely out of date. I have no damn idea who does what, and who has what powers.

To solve both problems, there needs to be a retooling of the entire staff of Fuwanovel. Take a look at the directory and point out all of those who are not active, or no longer even run the project they are listed in. https://fuwanovel.net/about/our-team-fuwadirectory/

With this retooling of the staff (aka clean out the dead weight like myself), strong leadership absolutely needs to come down from the top and make abundantly clear what the rules of the forum are. The uneven application of rules needs to stop and more active leadership with clear lines of communication need to be implemented. This will give the mods much clearer direction of what is and isn't okay on this website. 

And no, this isn't a batman bitches about a handslap post. This is a response to a recurring problem with the leadership of fuwanovel today as I've seen this inconsistent rule enforcement multiple times with certain mods recently, and it follows a pattern that goes back to the days of Steve being an admin here. Those were bad days. 

Sorry batman but this has been brought up already before and the result is always the same.

>Do not talk about modding in public, instead send a PM
>Thread gets hidden

Before I get deleted and banned again here have a good double standard:

Spoiler

vdMqcKc.png

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Sorry batman but this has been brought up already before and the result is always the same.

>Do not talk about modding in public, instead send a PM
>Thread gets hidden

Reveal hidden contents

vdMqcKc.png

Send a PM to who? There is no leadership aside from Kaguya who rarely seems to be able to make a firm decision without input from the top, which doesn't exist anymore sadly. I've seen Kags step in before and attempt to resolve this problem, but clearly it has not been fixed (poor guy was on vacation too). 

2 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Send a PM to who? There is no leadership aside from Kaguya who rarely seems to be able to make a firm decision without input from the top, which doesn't exist anymore sadly. I've seen Kags step in before and attempt to resolve this problem, but clearly it has not been fixed (poor guy was on vacation too). 

I don't know because I was never told. Just send a PM to anyone I guess lol

nothing will change though because they will answer that they will forward it like the real customer support

This isn't attack on the individual mods just FYI. This is more to point out the massive shortcomings of the current moderation system. Hell, even a quick link somewhere on the site with a clear, concise list of rules, and consistent enforcement from the mods would be an improvement over this vague, unclear, mystical system of globals, boards, and non-listed mods (such as myself). 

If you want a short explanation of who can do what on the mod team, it's pretty much in the rules already. Also, moderators will enforce and interpret the rules a little differently. We have been making an effort recently to communicate more before taking action, + we keep a log of all moderation, so everyone knows what the other moderators are up to. (Especially for us board mods, so that the higher-ups knows what we're doing.)

Global Moderators and Board Moderators are responsible for carrying out the rules and it is up to them to interpret them and carry out an appropriate punishment for each situation.

I completely agree that the staff page needs a full re-work. It's ... very outdated. We don't even have a chat feature anymore, RIP. Certainly something that should be looked into.

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Reveal hidden contents

vdMqcKc.png

If you stumble upon any piracy links or sexualized loli/shota content, please do report it.  I tried in the past to remove all direct mentions of piracy sites and links in a bunch of old threads, but it was quite frankly exhausting.  I spent hours and hours and hours doing nothing but that for several days before I got completely burnt out.  I still remove them whenever I happen to find them, but I don't have it in me to crawl the entire forum removing every bit of infringing content.

4 hours ago, solidbatman said:

To solve both problems, there needs to be a retooling of the entire staff of Fuwanovel. Take a look at the directory and point out all of those who are not active, or no longer even run the project they are listed in. https://fuwanovel.net/about/our-team-fuwadirectory/

As far as I can tell, Kags and I cannot change that page.  If I had to guess, only admins or users with powers over content on the main site can do that.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

If you stumble upon any piracy links or sexualized loli/shota content, please do report it.

I recommend looking at Google Tips & Tricks. Especially that first example under "How to Google It". Then just search keywords like "nodvd" "alpharom" and the known piracy sites. Might not be super helpful for the pedostuff though.

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, Dergonu said:

completely agree that the staff page needs a full re-work. It's ... very outdated. We don't even have a chat feature anymore, RIP. Certainly something that should be looked into.

Does the staff page still need work? I can help since I am a front end (I might end up full stack now, given all the backend shit I had to do as of late)   web developer.

14 hours ago, Happiness+ said:

Does the staff page still need work? I can help since I am a front end (I might end up full stack now, given all the backend shit I had to do as of late)   web developer.

Yes, but unless Tay shows up to hand keys over, there isn't much that can be done to it. From what I gather, Nay has already handed over much of what he can to the new person, but without the greenlight from Tay, its just stuck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, Nayleen said:

What Batman said, waiting on Tay for some final records necessary to do things properly. Too bad he's gone quiet for far too long again already, it seems.

it's literally been ten months since we've tried to get the ball rolling. at this point I highly doubt that Tay ever finalizes it with the person in question.