• The House in Fate Morgana
    • D.S. -Dal Segno
    • Zanmataisei Demonbane
    • Kikokugai
    • Sekien no Inganock
    • Ourai no Gahkthun
    • Sharin no Kuni
    • Maitetsu

Since you already decided to play Fata Morgana, I'll just say that hopefully you'll have fun play it later. Also in regard of Rance, seeing that one scenes was quite disturbing to you perhaps it would be wise to stay away from Rance there, considering that he like to rape the woman quite often and without reason other than it's cute/beautiful lol - there's also a lot of surprising (Evenicle Ch. 6 punishment labour) sex scenes like that at Rance.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

Since you already decided to play Fata Morgana, I'll just say that hopefully you'll have fun play it later. Also in regard of Rance, seeing that one scenes was quite disturbing to you perhaps it would be wise to stay away from Rance there, considering that he like to rape the woman quite often and without reason other than it's cute/beautiful lol - there's also a lot of surprising (Evenicle Ch. 6 punishment labour) sex scenes like that at Rance.

I just hate when my self insert protagonist does something I don't want him to do. I feel betrayed.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Oh, and I'm not very active on this forum recently, so I'm almost always late to reply, but I just want to say that your playthroughs are rather interesting to follow. :meguface:

Procrastinated by playing Evenicle, finishing Nekopara 3, starting Da Capo 3 (for some unknown reason). Finally played through the first door of Fate House Morgana. My thoughts:
https://imgur.com/a/upAa7h5

Spoiler

First thought: Vampires. Obviously vampires. 

Then: I was bored and even cringing at the childish love story a bit until exactly this point here: 

MT4r2F1.jpg

At which point I was like ahahahahaha yeeeessssssssssss. Awesomely horrible. Someone got scalped. I wasn't the only person who thought things were going too well.

Also - That girl doesn't look 14 in that picture, that's for sure. But the 16 year old guy/14 year old girl Romeo Juliet reference didn't escape my notice. Perhaps this image is just an attempt to make Nellie and the unnamed white haired girl look similar in the face, or just the fact that all female faces in the game look kinda like this anyway. 

Do you know Rob Stark from GoT and why things ended badly for him? This is a years old spoiler at this point but I'll be vague anyway: The reason he karmically deserved his death was by abandoning his duty as a prince/king - specifically, the duty to use his marriage as a political tool. In fact, he went so far as to make a marriage promise in exchange for being allowed to do something important to the war in a certain territory, then straight up abandoned that promise to hook up with some other politically unimportant chick that he liked. Thus, karma boned him.

First I was on Mell's side, than I was on Nellie's/noone's - because Mell made quite a similar karmic error. He ignores the feelings of his sister, which is one thing. But then he tells her to grow up and get along with her fiance that she hates - hella harsh for a sibling who promised to take care of his sister. But, still - not entirely unreasonable or incorrect in the world of an aristocrat, right? But he does this while simultaneously secretly dating a very politically inappropriate girl that he has massive puppy love for JUST BECAUSE SHES HOT.

I suppose you could say white haired girl had it coming because she was reaching beyond her means? that's certainly the in-world, in-culture interpretation. She ended up getting the roughest end to the situation. But I really wanted to see Mell suffer more for his extreme display of hypocrisy and insensitivity. He was getting what he wanted, so anything that other people wanted was just annoying - and now he's upset because why can't he just get what he wants. I kinda wanted both him and his sister to die and make some kind of twisted parody of Romeo and Juliet.

Then I made it back to the mansion and opened the next door- the music got REAL spoopy so I quite there and went to sleep. Maybe I can aim for a door a day. It's still harder for me to get into this VN than those of a format I'm used to, but I have no doubt it's gonna be kickass, now.

It might be also worth checking out A Sky Full of Stars since it has a similar star theme like Hoshimem. I didn't play it yet though, but the ratings are pretty high for that kind of VN. Though currently, there's only the all ages version available, even if there's a restoration patch in the works. So if you're bothered by that, you can also just wait or ignore it altogether.

Edited by ChaosRaven

19 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

It might be also worth checking out A Sky Full of Stars since it has a similar star theme like Hoshimem. I didn't play it yet though, but the ratings are pretty high for that kind of VN. Though currently, there's only the all ages version available, even if there's a restoration patch in the works. So if you're bothered by that, you can also just wait or ignore it altogether.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure how much to be bothered. If it were for a Key game I wouldn't care in the slightest. But if it were Hoshizora that were censored, for example, I would feel like I was missing out. I guess I'd want to hear someone's opinion on whether the H scenes were vital.

28 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I guess I'd want to hear someone's opinion on whether the H scenes were vital.

For me ideal +18 version would have half of the h-scenes that the original has ;) . Nevertheless, as it is, I liked all-ages version more, especially for two main heroines - Hikari and Saya. Some of the h-scenes seemed forced, just to meet the quota.

And all-ages version is actually well done - if you didn't know that there were h-scenes, you wouldn't feel that anything is missing, as transitions/replacement scenes are handled really well. It's proper all-ages edition, not just some cutting.

Here's my mini-review (and detailed comparison for Hikari's route two posts eariler):

Edited by adamstan

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

For me ideal +18 version would have half of the h-scenes that the original has ;) . Nevertheless, as it is, I liked all-ages version more, especially for two main heroines - Hikari and Saya. Some of the h-scenes seemed forced, just to meet the quota.

And all-ages version is actually well done - if you didn't know that there were h-scenes, you wouldn't feel that anything is missing, as transitions/replacement scenes are handled really well. It's proper all-ages edition, not just some cutting.

Here's my mini-review (and detailed comparison for Hikari's route two posts eariler):

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I"ll add this to my todo list.

Finished Evenicle. Amazing experience. I can't believe I actually played another turn based RPG and had fun with it. I was pissed for a bit because of what Aster did in chapter 6 but he redeemed himself by

Spoiler

Accepting Croix despite her getting raped by a bunch of monsters. At least he was slightly hesitant about raping the black dragon woman I GUESS. I mean...it's not like she didn't 100% deserve it. 

There was so much disturbing shit in that game, but I can accept it all as par for the course for that interesting world setting. The adorable flirtiness between the MC and his wives was top shelf awesome and I would commonly tear just from how poignant some of their casual interactions were. They would literally just scream into the sky about how much they loved eachother and it made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Satisfying RPG...Tons of Lovey Dovey awesomeness...Excellent Hentai of all varieties...Some disturbing stuff.

I'm told I should play Rance next. I'm sure it has all the rape and H scenes ever. Does it have anything at all like the lovey dovey sweetness in Evenicle, or is it all kinda a cruel power boner type thing?

I'm having a problem progressing in this House Fata Morgana. Every time I start playing I'm overwhelmed by the dark creepy beauty of it and I'm scared I'm going to get sucked into some sort of melancholic black hole. 

I used to listen to too much witch house music and zone off imagining altars of bone crafted in some unknown watery cave. I used to visit haunted houses and walk around slowly touching all the walls with my cheeks. I used to walk up lonely mountain trails and plan out where I'd bury the bodies. Etc.

But then I detoxed from the dark stuff. Kinda don't want to relapse back to that lovely insanity. Not yet, anyway. Just the sound track and imagery from this game makes me feel like I'm going to.

10 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

Let's just say it takes quite a while until you get to a positive note that's not just there to make you feel even more despair when things go downhill. At least the art never becomes too graphical.

ok it's good to know it's not all despair. i am still seriously having a hard time mentally preparing myself.

21 hours ago, alpacaman said:

Yeah, and the stories get darker as the game progresses. How far into the game are you right now?

Ok I have to come clean and take responsibility. I only just started door number 2 before I got intimidated by the sexy music and had to take a break. 

I'm absolutely feeling obligated to play through this, I'm just having to bounce around until the mood is right. For some reason this has been the hardest game so far for me to push myself to play. It just feels so dark and heavy and my heart hasn't been ready for it.

While procrastinating, I played one route of Da Capo 3, all of Nekopara, and now I'm on Symphonic Rain because people in a Discord channel peer pressured me into it. It's a helluva procrastination. But, I will be getting back to and finishing HFM or else I will have to surrender the right to make polls!

Just now, snowbell55 said:

Just want to ask quick - how do you read so quick? You really seem to be flying through them...

So I went to the doctor.
He said, "If you had 1 year to live, what VNs would you read?"
So I told him. 
Then he said, "I have some bad news..."
So here I am.

I read about 8-12 hours a day. I also drink beer and pet my cat. It's pretty ideal.