G-Senjou No Maou Question (SPOILERS!!)

MIUUZICK

Yeah, yeah, I know many people already asked questions about the VN due to the last plot twist, but I have a question myself and never saw anyone asking about it, which is weird so maybe I missed something idk anyways :

-In ch3, when Kanon was living with Kyousuke, I remember that when she was taking a shower, Kyousuke got an headache and quickly switched to Maou, we had the CG confirmation of it, and he was clearly in the appartment considering we heard Kanon asking for a towel. How the hell is that possible considering that Kyousuke isn't Maou?

It's not like it was in Kanon's side chapter, it was rlly during ch3, the main route. I never saw anyone asking about it but it bothers me a lot, I don't see how it can make sense.

I think the MC is literally Maou, unless he isn't, because you played to the final chapter. In other words, when you go down a side route, he was always Maou. If you don't, he was never Maou. This is the only explanation I've come up with that satisfies me when I try to understand the side routes and main route simultaneously.

Edited by Corrupted

On 8/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, Corrupted said:

I think the MC is literally Maou, unless he isn't, because you played to the final chapter. In other words, when you go down a side route, he was always Maou. If you don't, he was never Maou. This is the only explanation I've come up with that satisfies me when I try to understand the side routes and main route simultaneously.

Haru's route invalidates this theory though; Maou is Kyosuke's brother.

Like what @Dreamysyu said, this VN is full of plot holes (and depressingly & needlessly depressing imo). Don't think about it too much as you will not resolve them (at least I tried to lol)

I'm fairly sure this is one of those things that you're really meant to chalk up to coincidence. And trust me when I say that reality has greater insanity going

around in it than someone having a headache whilst a woman is in his shower, and his brother ALSO has a woman in his shower.

The fact that Maou disappears in some of the routes where Kyousuke also settles down is just because he ALSO chooses to settle down. Or maybe something  goes wrong with his plan, I'm not entirely sure since it's been a while since I read the VN.

I like the plot point as a Red Herring at least, a better executed version of it than at least one other version I've seen in literature.

Edited by Otaku1612
Sentence structure

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

Is this game worth playing or is it another of Akabei Soft's shitfests (Sharin no Kuni, A Profile).

Both Sharin and Maou are highly regarded at VNDB, but I'm not entirely convinced.

This VN is dark & moody, has a depressing-ish atmosphere (excessive imo; google Haru's epilogue if you don't plan on reading it) throughout the entire thing, and is full of plot-holes (see above responses). One of the only redeeming things about this is the writing; it's pretty unique (at least when compared to among the VNs which i had read. Also, the scenario writer, Looseboy, seems to be rather famous). 

If you can read Non-English VNs, then don't bother this as they are better similar VNs out there. It's also a ladder-style VN and I don't really like these.

Otherwise, can consider reading it as I don't think there are any English VNs like it as of now.

Edited by phantomJS