Robo Waifus?

Corrupted

10 hours ago, Akshay said:

The routes where you are good, are fine. Its weird fetish h-scenes with below average story. fetishes not limited to having sex with a robot that looks like a fridge. (non-humanoid)) , but you don't expect quality writing from most nukiges.

The evil routes are all that, but with sexual torture and mind break scenes. The yandere route is just terrifying. I mean you may like it, but it was a bit much for me.

Gotcha. Been toying with the idea of reading it. I enjoy more extreme stuff on paper but often actually end up turned off by it. We'll see what I end up doing.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:15 PM, r0xm2n said:

DS Dal Segno . Has a holographic AI girl (she's an unlockable heroine too).

* There's also Planetarian .

If you want Nekogirls, just go play Nekopara already :makina:

Got Nekopara 1. 30 minutes in. Holy crap this is precious <3.

Demihumans are the best.

Also whoa at the slave race boner.

Also also I don't see how human society could continue to function. What need would you have of normal human relationships when you could have these catgirls. This world fascinates me.

Edited by Corrupted

Holy cow. Nekopara is Horrifying.

I feel like if I play enough of this series I will cease to view women as anything other than children, playthings, cute dolls to be dressed up and smile for me, worship me, and never have any needs or desires that conflict with my own, and always remain inferior to me intellectually, needing my fatherly control and guidance. They only exist to fill the role I bought them for, whether it be free labor, fun, or as a lover. 

There's a lot of cultures in the world that see women in exactly this way, aren't there?

The final blow is when they dressed up in pastel-goth. Unf. Goodbye, reality. (For real though this is awesome)

Edited by Corrupted

I feel like I just got super philosophical for what was essentially an advertisement for a cat girl maid cafe. I gotta say I'm a sucker for super happy endings. 

Nekopara must be a "Moege", right? My first experience in the genre. There was one almost dramatic scene and that was it. That and lots of far better than average sex scenes. It was nice to see anatomy drawn in a way I enjoyed after cringing at Da Capo 2's bizarre bodies.

I suppose I have no complaints because I had no expectations. It was like skipping straight to the reward part of a nukige. It wasn't deep, but it was kinda refreshing in a similar way that the end of MLA was.

8 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

For other games with "super happy endings", there's Fureraba (overall the funniest VN I've ever read), Wagamama High Spec (has the most H content I've seen in a VN), and Kono Oozora (If my heart had wings).

"The funniest VN I've ever read" eh. Funnier than CLANNAD? That's incredibly tempting.

I played If My Heart Had Wings. I was equally impressed and horrified. Some of the translation was soooo baadddd and the dialogue during some of the sex scenes was sooo badddd, but...it was a beautiful and inspiring plot with enjoyable characters and a couple amazing sound tracks. Wheelchair girl route and twin route alone make that game hella worth it. Loved it, loved it!

41 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I played If My Heart Had Wings. I was equally impressed and horrified. Some of the translation was soooo baadddd and the dialogue during some of the sex scenes was sooo badddd, but...it was a beautiful and inspiring plot with enjoyable characters and a couple amazing sound tracks. Wheelchair girl route and twin route alone make that game hella worth it. Loved it, loved it!

Did you use latest retranslation patch? It sounds like you played old "restoration patch"  that restores h-scenes, but retains original awful translation.

11 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Did you use latest retranslation patch? It sounds like you played old "restoration patch"  that restores h-scenes, but retains original awful translation.

Aw shoot I'm not sure how to tell.

Spoiler

I downloaded it from Erogedownload so whichever version that is, I can't tell by looking at the download page. It does say "If My Heart Had Wings restoration/uncensor patch" so it uses the word restoration so that may very well be it.

Regardless, I'm not going to replay the game again ever probably because I did actually enjoy and finish it already. I may always be a little scarred, however, at just how cringey the MC was during the hentai scenes with the more dominant heroines. But I will also always be a little happier because of how flippin' cute it was to walk around with a proud twin on each hand to that bouncy awesome soundtrack.

Edited by Corrupted

Yep, that was old patch. :(

I read Kotori's route with it (and ejoyed it), and then dropped it, because Ageha's route was almost unreadable due to bad translation.

Then I picked up retranslation patch when it came out and replayed the game - and indeed it was great.

New patch is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IMHHW/comments/8ac8ba/konosoraimhhw_retranslation_patch/

Edited by adamstan

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

Yep, that was old patch. :(

I read Kotori's route with it (and ejoyed it), and then dropped it, because Ageha's route was almost unreadable due to bad translation.

Then I picked up retranslation patch when it came out and replayed the game - and indeed it was great.

New patch is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IMHHW/comments/8ac8ba/konosoraimhhw_retranslation_patch/

I did Ageha and Amane's path last, and they seemed to be hit the worst. I had absolutely no trouble enjoying the other paths. I think Ageha is lame, but I'd love to enjoy Amane's route a little more. Then again, maybe Ageha won't be so lame with a new translation. Thanks for the link! I am a little tempted to play the whole game over again. But I'm actually on a little bit of a "time limit" and I'm trying to finish this list while i can: 

I let myself get lots on tangents and play other games, but I'm not sure I can justify replaying one just yet. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it and bringing it to my attention, as well as linking the better patch. I enjoyed that game enough that there's a nonzero chance I will play it again with the better translation. I'm also regretting playing the steam version of MLA since it killed an important scene, and MLA is my all time favorite, so I'm considering replaying that one one day tool.

12 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

Then again, maybe Ageha won't be so lame with a new translation.

It's possible. After all, with the original TL, I often couldn't figure what's going on at all - that's why I dropped it, while in new version I enjoyed all routes - and even repeating Kotori's route felt nice.

At worst case, you can skip through routes that you enjoyed with "bad" translation, and reread just Ageha and Amane.

Edited by adamstan

2 minutes ago, adamstan said:

It's possible. After all, with the original TL, I often couldn't figure what's going on at all - that's why I dropped it, while in new version I enjoyed all routes - and even repeating Kotori's route felt nice.

At worst case, you can skip through routes that you enjoyed with "bad" translation, and reread just Ageha and Amane.

Oh? Kotori's was still worth repeating? Hm...
I loved Kotori <3. Would brush hair forever.

So much love for Kotori in this thread. Definitely best girl from that game. That route made me tear up in pure happiness too....

Spoiler

That bike chase scene was too much for my feels. The music was perfect...

7 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

So much love for Kotori in this thread. Definitely best girl from that game. That route made me tear up in pure happiness too....

Hide contents

That bike chase scene was too much for my feels. The music was perfect...

Yis! And, and - 

Spoiler

When she dashes up to you to hold your hand, right after you got together, had to be apart, and got together again.
When she's staring out her door waiting for you to get out of the shower.

My thoughts before playing this game: Tsundere is dumb
After playing this game: Wheelchair girl started being nice to me and my heart melted, maybe Tsundere is ok