Robo Waifus?

Corrupted

Anything else with a vibe similar to "Lucy: The Eternity She Wished For"? https://vndb.org/v16743 Playing some Da Capo 2 

Spoiler

and ran into another robot girl. I was sitting there hoping she would call me master, but she never did.

I then realized I was missing the ole robot servant girl from Lucy. Need more AI waifus or maybe a different kind of dedicated servant waifus. Either, both. Perhaps there are other subhumans servant creatures that give a similar vibe? (Catgirls?)

Edited by Corrupted

1 minute ago, phantomJS said:

Instant and helpful response. I have been suggested nekopara more than once, so I think I might hit it soon some time after da capo and evenicle, my current two games.  Those other two - they aren't English translated, are they? VNDB isn't mentioning that, at least. 

Even if not, I still find the suggestion helpful and interesting. Thank you <3.

5 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

DS Dal Segno . Has a holographic AI girl (she's an unlockable heroine too).

* There's also Planetarian .

If you want Nekogirls, just go play Nekopara already :makina:

I'm getting the impression I should play everything by Key except for Kanon, which I should watch the anime for. Do you agree with this assessment? I've played various VNs after playing CLANNAD and Little Busters, and except for MLA, I haven't liked anything else as much. So I'm excited to try all the other Key games out. If anything, I feel like I'm putting them off so I don't waste them all at once xD. That's how excited I am about them.

(That makina emote makes me so happy)

Edited by Corrupted

3 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

Instant and helpful response. I have been suggested nekopara more than once, so I think I might hit it soon some time after da capo and evenicle, my current two games.  Those other two - they aren't English translated, are they? VNDB isn't mentioning that, at least. 

Even if not, I still find the suggestion helpful and interesting. Thank you <3.

They are:

D.S -Dal Segno-

Majikoi A-2 English Patch

39 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

People on this website are so helpful. I wish I could contribute back somehow.

Well, one way is to be active around the forums. It has been rather dreary around here recently :vinty: (I'm one to talk though. I have not been active for the past couple of months :leecher:)

Additional info to your topic:

Can consider reading the Neko-Nin series.

Interesting fact is that this series sold a lot worse than the Nekopara series. My personal opinion is that one major reason for the relatively poor sales is that it's by Whirlpool, and the artwork in their games are a lot more pale (almost ghost-ish relatively speaking) than Sayori's work in the Nekopara series. It's also a lot less moe as well.

Still not a bad series at all (the VNs are very cliche though. Avoid if you are looking for something different). Worthy of your consideration :)

Edited by phantomJS

18 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I'm assuming I should probably play the game before the fandisc?

No.

Majikoi S is the official FD of the original VN, as such playing the original one is sort of compulsory

The A series are simply alternate scenarios which you can romance non-main heroines. Reading the original Majikoi is preferable, but not really a must.

1 hour ago, Hetzer123 said:

Sales of nekonin series is quite high compare to other VNs on steam (generally sales of VNs are not big). My reason why Nekopara series is high because of the word of mouth (memetic) value and was release at the right time (early on steam) just like Sakura series. (Winged Cloud) The artwork look better than Sakura series.

I'm comparing it to the Nekopara series only, not against other VN (series)

And I didn't not mean the Neko-nin VNs has bad art. Just that they look more pale and white-ish (par for the course for whirlpool titles) vs Sayori's artwork, and my personal opinion is that that should be a big reason as to why it did not sell as well as the Nekopara VNs

Edited by phantomJS

4 hours ago, phantomJS said:

No.

Majikoi S is the official FD of the original VN, as such playing the original one is sort of compulsory

The A series are simply alternate scenarios which you can romance non-main heroines. Reading the original Majikoi is preferable, but not really a must.

Majikoi S is the continuation of Majikoi, but most of the characters are developed in Majikoi so to enjoy S you would generally play Majikoi first.

The A fandisc allows you to romance characters from S, that were not romanceable in the original storyline.

So its like,

Majikoi -> The first game.

Majikoi S -> this is a sequel not a fandisc. Though it has endings for the original routes it also has an original storyline that continues from game one.

Majikoi A -> This is the fandisc, to be played after S (because the characters you romance are ones you couldnt in S). If you want to actually understand the main character you should probably play the original, and you will need to play S to get to know the romanceable characters.

Recommended playing order is,

Majikoi -> Majikoi S -> Majikoi A (which is split into A1,A2,A3,A4 and A5)

(btw, The very VNDB link you provided says that Majikoi S is the sequel while A is the fandisc.)

Edited by Akshay

3 minutes ago, Akshay said:

(btw, The very VNDB link you provided says that Majikoi S is the sequel while A is the fandisc.)

Well, I still mostly classified it as a FD, but I guess you can call it a sequel with the copious amount of new content and routes (and the extremely high number of h scenes)

A FD mostly has content / after stories of the original characters, and this is something which the majokoi-A series does not have. Instead, it focus on the heroines which you were not able to in Majikoi / Majikoi S. Personally this don't feel like a FD to me.

Anyway most important thing is that it's not a prerequisite to read Majikoi or S first (although it's preferable to first) for the A series 

Just now, phantomJS said:

Well, I still mostly classified it as a FD, but I guess you can call it a sequel with the copious amount of new content and routes (and the extremely high number of h scenes)

A FD mostly has content / after stories of the original characters, and this is something which the majokoi-A series does not have. Instead, it focus on the heroines which you were not able to in Majikoi / Majikoi S. Personally this don't feel like a FD to me.

Anyway most important thing is that it's not a prerequisite to read Majikoi or S first (although it's preferable to first) for the A series 

Wouldn't you think it is a prerequisite though? If you haven't read it you have no idea who any of the characters are nor how the kazama family interacts.

4 minutes ago, Akshay said:

Wouldn't you think it is a prerequisite though? If you haven't read it you have no idea who any of the characters are nor how the kazama family interacts.

Main focus is on Yamato and the new heroines, unlike S where you got no idea what's happening if you did not read the original. The focus on the original cast in the A series is far weaker than in S.

This, imo, makes it a series which can be enjoyed as standalone games (although, again, reading the original VNs is still preferable imo)

Edited by phantomJS

15 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Main focus is on Yamato and the new heroines, unlike S where you got no idea what's happening if you did not read the original. The focus on the original cast is far weaker than in S.

This, imo, makes it a series which can be enjoyed

From the routes I read, you would enjoy routes like hegemons, cookies and yuki's sister much more if you had read S and the original as those routes did focus on the original cast. Also A3 has an after story for tsubame and the maids both of which you need to read S for. Azukis route is enjoyed much more if you've played monishiros route where you understand the relationship between her and Hideo. Monishiros after story is also included in the fandisc as well which will only make sense if you played S. I think Margaret also has an after story in A5.

Edited by Akshay

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

From the routes I read, you would enjoy routes like hegemons, cookies and yuki's sister much more if you had read S and the original as those routes did focus on the original cast. Also A3 has an after story for tsubame and the maids both of which you need to read S for. Azukis route is enjoyed much more if you've played monishiros route where you understand the relationship between her and Hideo. Monishiros after story is also included in the fandisc as well which will only make sense if you played S. I think Margaret also has an after story in A5.

The after stories for tsubame, monishiro, and margaret are after stories for their routes in the A series VN, not for the original 2 titles . Stupid mistake which I made. Thanks to Akshay for pointing out (and I dare consider myself a big Majikoi fan somemore :notlikemiya:....)

Anyway if you think reading the original / S is absolutely necessary, let's just agree to disagree. I said that reading the original titles are preferable but not absolutely compulsory as imo the A series are sidestories and not direct FD / sequels

I feel like we are derailing the thread. If you want to continue this, let's do so in a new thread shall we? :)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused@Corrupted

Edited by phantomJS

1 hour ago, tahu157 said:

How so?

The routes where you are good, are fine. Its weird fetish h-scenes with below average story. fetishes not limited to having sex with a robot that looks like a fridge. (non-humanoid)) , but you don't expect quality writing from most nukiges.

The evil routes are all that, but with sexual torture and mind break scenes. The yandere route is just terrifying. I mean you may like it, but it was a bit much for me.

6 hours ago, Nier said:

Thank you for another useful list! I only just now realized that people have been posting "character pages". This explains my confusion from earlier in not seeing something saying there's an english translation below the description.