Da Capo Play Order?

Corrupted

I've only done one quick play through of Da Capo 1 so I know almost nothing. I'm excited to get into the series, and wanted to ask - what's the best way to do it?

Is Da Capo 2 a direct sequel that I should start up only after doing every last little bit of Da Capo 1? Or is it a superior rehash of the same thing, and I'd best be served by starting with it or switching to it after doing only a little bit of the original?

I'm terrified of spoilers, so instead of googling it I'm asking this here and hoping somebody saves me.

Love

As for Da Capo 2, more or less it's a sequel to the first Da Capo although if you more or less it's the same with the first Da Capo though. While the original Da Capo were definitely have the charm, if you've been bored by that feel free to skip it to Da Capo 2 after finished both of Sakura's and Nemu's route. Of course if you've been playing the first Da Capo and took the interest to another girls, then feel free to play the girls route. Hope that it would answer your question here.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for Da Capo 2, more or less it's a sequel to the first Da Capo although if you more or less it's the same with the first Da Capo though. While the original Da Capo were definitely have the charm, if you've been bored by that feel free to skip it to Da Capo 2 after finished both of Sakura's and Nemu's route. Of course if you've been playing the first Da Capo and took the interest to another girls, then feel free to play the girls route. Hope that it would answer your question here.

Ok so at least do Sakura and Nemu, than switch to DC2 if I get bored. That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, than you very much. I shall get back to it, as soon as I can peel myself away from spending time with my various wives in Evenicle.

I actually got bored of Da Capo 2 after doing about 5/7th of it. The whole time I was playing it I kept thinking about how much better Hoshimemo was. I think there were happy moments that made me smile in every route, but...

The grand overall story was lacking, I never cried, and worst of all the music was highly disappointing. I just finished Hoshimemo which feels like a game with almost the exact same scope so it's worth comparing; Hoshimemo had a more mysterious backstory that you couldn't as easily guess and had to piece together yourself, and there were a couple sound tracks that were absolute tear jerkers and goosebump inducing. Da Capo 2 just didn't have those things. Not to mention plot navigation in Da Capo quickly became painfully tedius.

Part of the problem, perhaps, was that the only character I really loved was robot girl.

Edited by Corrupted