Is Princess Evangile worth it?

MIUUZICK

Cuz I disliked Magical Marriage Lunatics, it is the first VN that I dropped. I read through the common route + Luluna's route, then I read a bit of Yohirime's but dropped after her first H-scene cuz I couldn't stand it anymore, the thing was incredibly boooring. When I was reading through the common route, I wanted it to end because it started to become way too long and it wasn't a good long common route, but actually I think the it was the best thing I read in the game. Though Luluna's was decent too. 

i think my main problems were the lack of interesting things happening and the fact that when you're into a girl's route, the other heroines completely disappear.

So, is PE worth it? (just to mention, I have 0 problem with SoL genre, only MML managed to bore me to death)

MMM is generally considered mediocre at best, so I wouldn't judge PE (or other Moonstone stuff in general) through it. But... A lot of people get bored of Evangile too, as it's rather long and slow-paced. Generally, it's significantly higher-rated and heroines are considered quite appealing, but I don't think anyone can say for sure that you won't get sick of it at some point.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

31 minutes ago, MIUUZICK said:

lack of interesting things happening and the fact that when you're into a girl's route, the other heroines completely disappear.

I'd say that PE doesn't have that problem - although it is slice of life, there are lots of things happening, heroines are great, and other characters don't completely disappear after entering the route - but of course their role is smaller. I liked PE very much, but after reading some opinions here and there I completely lost interest in MML.

Haven't started MMM yet but I think Evangile is an above average visual novel. Even in the common route, stuff happens like the MC having to get accepted by the student body instead of being instant harem boy to literally everyone.

There's memorable enough drama in the common and each route and like people say, characters are very much still relevant even when it's not their route.

3 hours ago, MIUUZICK said:

Cuz I disliked Magical Marriage Lunatics, it is the first VN that I dropped. I read through the common route + Luluna's route, then I read a bit of Yohirime's but dropped after her first H-scene cuz I couldn't stand it anymore, the thing was incredibly boooring. When I was reading through the common route, I wanted it to end because it started to become way too long and it wasn't a good long common route, but actually I think the it was the best thing I read in the game. Though Luluna's was decent too. 

i think my main problems were the lack of interesting things happening and the fact that when you're into a girl's route, the other heroines completely disappear.

So, is PE worth it? (just to mention, I have 0 problem with SoL genre, only MML managed to bore me to death)

To answer your question.. PE is far more better then MML..

The common route is very entertaining.. and Individual Heroine routes are way more interesting then compared to its MML counterparts..

The main difference being that in MML heroines already like you..over here..aside from 1-2 heroines its almost the complete opposite...the setting also makes it different from MML..

The Newton VN that will be launching is very unique too in its setting.. i will be keeping my eye on it..some of my JP friends told me that it was  an interesting read..

aside from the Alice route where the protagonists last  decision didn't make any sense all other routes are a good read..

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Skip the entire common route and only read Ritsuko and Ayaka's routes and you should be fine. 

Don't follow this advise, if you look at who wrote it you will see Anti Moege Task Force, this means you can never trust VirginSmasher regarding any moege.

Personally I really liked PE, though I haven't gone through MML so I can't really compare them to each other.

3 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Don't follow this advise, if you look at who wrote it you will see Anti Moege Task Force, this means you can never trust VirginSmasher regarding any moege.

Tfw I read Princess Evangile before I became anti-moege. 

Also, glad people are dismissing my opinion on a genre just because a majority of what I've read from said genre is garbage and near unreadable. By that logic, I should dismiss any negative opinion you have of a genre because you don't like it. Smart logic right there. :chaika:

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

Tfw I read Princess Evangile before I became anti-moege. 

Also, glad people are dismissing my opinion on a genre just because a majority of what I've read from said genre is garbage and near unreadable. By that logic, I should dismiss any negative opinion you have of a genre because you don't like it. Smart logic right there. :chaika:

If I were to come out against a genre, yes I think you should dismiss a lot of my criticism when I criticise that genre.