Trample on Schatten!! Restoration Patch

Arata

Trample on Schatten!! Restoration Patch

- Presented by The Order of Restoration -

| VNDB | Buy the game from JAST here | Download the patch here |

What does our patch do?

Our patch restores all the cut content from JAST’s release of Trample on Schatten!! We put back in cut voice acting, CGs, text, BGM, cut-ins — the list goes on. JAST only removed one scene, but putting everything back into the game was a real pain in the arse, which is why it took us so long.

How to install the patch

Info on how to install the patch can be found in "Readme.txt" in the patch directory

But, if you are lazy:

Spoiler

=================================
The Order of Restoration Presents
=================================
================================================================================================
Trample on Schatten!! -The Shadow Stomping Song - Revolution Plus - Unofficial Uncensoring Patch
================================================================================================

=================
Table of Contents
=================

1. Description
2. What was cut?
3. What do I need?
4. How do I use the patch?
5. What's with the multiple versions?
6. Credits

==============
1. Description
==============

- The patch restores cut content from JAST USA's release of the visual novel named in the title.

================
2. What was cut?
================

- A rape scene of one of the characters when she was younger (child-like, presumably why the said scene was cut).

==================
3. What do I need?
==================

- An official version of Trample on Schatten!! -The Shadow Stomping Song - Revolution Plus, available from JAST USA on the following address:

https://jastusa.com/trample-on-schatten-the-shadow-stomping-song-revolution-plus

==========================
4. How do I use the patch?
==========================

- Install Trample on Schatten!!
- Pick either "Uncensor Patch - Version 1" or "Uncensor Patch - Version 2"
- Extract "patch.pac" from either of the versions provided here into the VN's GameData folder ("...\Trample on Schatten\GameData\")
- Overwrite "patch.pac" from the said folder
- Enjoy uncensored Trample on Schatten!!

=====================================
5. What's with the multiple versions?
=====================================

- When the project began, no one knew that JAST left the original uncensored art along with all the other assets like voices and SFX for the censored scene
- We contacted one of more well known demosaicing artists to help us out not knowing that the original art was in the files all along
- Since he did help us out, we wanted to give a shoutout to him
- So at the end we decided to make two different versions of the patch
- Version 1 uses the original uncensored art provided in the JAST's release
- Version 2 uses Helvetica Standard's demosaiced art
- To see how they compare, you can check out the images provided in "Comparison Gallery" (WARNING: SPOILERS!!!)
- Images on the left are original demosaiced art, images on the right are Helvetica Standard's demosaiced art
- Pick either one or the other (extract "patch.pac" from "Version 1" or "Version 2" to "...\Trample on Schatten\GameData\")

==========
6. Credits
==========

- Translation: アラタ
- Hacking/Technical Support: src_
- Demosaicing: Helvetica Standard (if you like his work, please support at: https://www.patreon.com/helveticastandard)
- Other stuff: those who shall not be named

===
EOF
===

Credit

Translation: Arata

Hacking/Technical Support: Src_

Editing & other important work: Anonymous soldiers from The Order of Restoration

Demosaicing: Helvetica Standard

(While the standard patch uses the original artist's decensored CGs, we had Helvetica decensor the mosiaced CGs for us at the start of the project, not knowing decensored files existed in the JAST version of the game. As such, we felt it would be wrong not to credit Helvetica in this post. We are working on a second patch which uses these decensored files, so his work is not in vain. We will update the post with a second patch using his CGs, and you can all decide which one you think looks the best.)

(Check out Helvetica's patreon if you like his work.)

Edited by Arata
Corrections

1 hour ago, Arata said:

We also put back in cut voice acting, text, BGM, cut-ins — the list goes on. JAST only removed one scene, but putting everything back into the game was a real pain in the arse, which is why it took us so long.

You put in back all that!? How is that possible seeing as how the patch is only 12Kb?

It must mean the files were already present in the original JAST USA release, they were just disabled from appearing when playing the game?

Edited by Nier

20 minutes ago, Nier said:

You put in back all that!? How is that possible seeing as how the patch is only 12Kb?

It must mean the the files were already present in the original JAST USA, they were just disabled from appearing when playing the game?

My bad. My simple brain knows nothing but translation. Technical mumbo jumbo goes over my head. The files were indeed still present in the game. Getting it all out and back in again was a real pain though. We did have Helvetica decensor the images for us since we didn't know the assets were hidden in JAST's release. I have been informed by the tech guys that we did not end up using Helv's work, though. So the files in the patch aren't Helvetica's work but the original decensor from the original artist.

Still, Helvetica helped us out a ton with doing the decensor in the first place, so it only feels right crediting him, though I will change the post so that it correctly reflects what the patch contains. I'll ask the tech guys if we can make a second patch where we use Helv's work, and we will leave a comparison somewhere so people can see which CGs they want.

We have created a second patch which contains the CGs decensored by Helvetica. The patch download link has been updated. (It now contains both patches, and a separate folder where you can compare the two CG variants.) The new patch is still only 6MB, so we figured leaving it all in one .rar should be fine. The translation and all other assets except for the CGs remains the same. I have also updated the readme to reflect these changes.

DL link is in the OP, but you can DL the patch here too if you're too lazy to scroll up: Link

• 1 month later...