How has your summer been?

Happiness+

I haven't posted here in a while, I wanted to see how you guys were doing. I've also working on this website for my normie friends and working on a project.

(The website is like 90% complete, but I am still waiting on a few things from them to add.)

I've just been chill this whole summer. Freelancing online and hanging out with my friends, well the ones that aren't already married or have kids.

I'll never understand the Japanese obsession with summer as a setting... well, except swimsuits on the beach.  Outdoors swimsuit h-scenes are always good.

Fall and winter are my favorite seasons... Spring always seems to be meaninglessly optimistic in VNs, and games that use it as a theme are always so sugary that I think I'll get diabetes just playing them.

Florida is not an ideal place to be for Summer. Sadly I can't afford to live the snowbird lifestyle and move up north when it gets this hot, so I pretty much have to deal with it.

That said, I have had a few moments of inspiration during my 3-month Summer break from college, and I think I've finally managed to gain a certain sense of clarity I didn't have during the previous semester. I've made tremendous progress on mental health recovery, I'm learning how to manage my time better, my overall fitness has improved drastically, and I've even figured out a few techniques to help me optimize my studies while I was learning Japanese (especially with the Pomodoro Technique, which was recommended to me by 1P1A).

Though there were some downsides with the weather, I'd say my Summer was good overall. :)

Unremarkably self-indulgent.

I've reread four episodes of Umineko (and I'm about to start Chiru), and I'm enjoying it immensely. I thought I wouldn't have the time to devote to a Umineko reread anytime soon if not now.
Visited a couple friends, went on the classic upper-middle-class-family-of-four-lazes-around-in-holiday-district holiday with my family for the first time in years, had fun, really.
Took driving lessons and passed my tests. I have an appointment to apply for a license this Friday. Probably the most significant thing I did this year.
In previous summers, I usually got fed up with myself for just being on the computer all day after a month or so, but it didn't happen this time, and I'd had a relatively relaxed second semester to boot. I don't know what to feel about it. Everything's good in moderation and being able to basically enjoy wasting away half of this summer is worrying me.

I did not work anywhere though. And I didn't even go camp coaching (due to physical fitness, a creeping feeling born from realizing I'm a horrible sibling in the last year making me realize that I'm not actually suitable for coaching impressionable kids, and wanting to keep my schedule open for a possible work opportunity I never bothered to bring to fruition, among other things). 

Regarding things out of my hands, 90% of my friends (like me) took the national university entrance exams, many of them failed short of their goal, and I'm bummed about it. I voted for the first time in June but Erdogan got elected in said vote by the majority of the country, so basically if I weren't going to Canada for school in 3 weeks this would be a living hell.

So chill personally, but pretty shite otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. It’s been a while since my last post here, on fuwa forums. So my summer started somewhat in March when I quit my job. Some of you may know or remember I was working as a ships engineer. I realized that staying for 4-6 months on board is just not to good for mental health and my terrible social skills. So just like that I refused to work for couple of months basically doing nothing. Sleeping until 1500 and eating nothing but delivered pizza became my daily routine. I’ve started several vns ( AIR, Kannon, SubaHibi, Wagamama Hi Spec, Hatofull and couple others) never finished any of those. Shame on me. Probably smoked a ton of weed (huhuhuhuhu). 

So that was my summer until the moment when I got a random job offer and became an engineer on a luxurious yacht. So basically I am enjoying myself on a yacht in Cote d’Azur not doing much and getting paid. Wtf?! How did this happen to me. ;p 

It’s been way too hot.  This has also been the smokiest summer on record here due to wild fires resulting in us have the worst air quality in the world some days and we have at least two more months in fire season. :vinty:

Also just realized it’s been about a year since I last read a VN.

Edited by finiteHP