Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance] - Beta Demo

AikasaColle

header_small.png

Project: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 

Developer: Aikasa Collective

STORY:

"Is there a true path to happiness?"

Abruptly finding herself at the bottom of a snake pit, an impoverished girl named Linh is bound and helpless for a crime she did not commit. Left to the mercy of the village snake god, a mysterious entity appears before her, offering to save her in exchange for her soul.

Finding herself in a new reality, she is torn between staying with the beautiful temptress, Ai, who had rescued her from death, and the resourceful wanderer, Jinhai, who promises to set her free.

Who is the real savior? Will Linh discover the strength to change her own fate? Journey with Linh as she is forced to question her understanding of life, happiness, and what it means to be human. Every decision matters in this tale about identity, friendship, love and loss.

CHARACTERS:

linh_ks.png

Linh (MC): Growing up in poverty, she does what she must to survive. She's learned to keep her emotions and opinions in check to protect herself. She is extremely loyal to those she cares about, which gets her into trouble. Will she be able to protect what's most important to her?

jinhai_ks.png

Jinhai: A former nun, she is open and friendly to everyone. She finds the most joy in cooking and making medicine for others. What is her connection to Ai? What secret hides behind her unwavering smile? She also has a pet chicken that has yet to leave her side.

ai_ks.png

Ai: A serpent who reveals itself to be a shapeshifter with magical powers. Blunt, with a hatred for humans. Is she a goddess or villain? What is her true motive behind it all? Or perhaps, she really is a danger to everyone...

DEMO SCREENSHOTS:

SS_small.png

FEATURES:

• 2 Girl x Girl Romance routes
  • 5 Endings (including Friendship only)
  • Original Soundtrack
  • CG Art, Character, and Music Galleries
  • R15 Mature Rating
  • Steam and Itch.io planned

TEAM:

Roxie - Creator, Lead Writer
Moonsta - Art Director, Lead Artist
NatalieAO - Artist, Colorist
Amori - Writer, Editor, Tester
Kidoairaku - GUI Designer
GLim - Audio
Vui - BG Artist
DragoonHP - Programming Help

Demo Progress:
Writing - 100% (9.9K wordcount)
Sprite / CG Art - 100%
UI Art - 100%
BG Art - 100%
Coding - 100%
Music - 90%

Twitter (Most Updates) || Tumblr || Website PendingAny feedback or questions highly appreciated! The Beta Demo available on Itch.io https://aikasacolle.itch.io/mizuchi
Kickstarter Campaign was a success!

P3cq4K.png

Edited by AikasaColle

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

That looks nice. Looks like a story inspired by a Chinese legend, though I think the house decorations are some kind of Japanese style...

Thank you! The game is set in ancient fantasy Asia, without ever explicitly stating any countries besides general location. Each character has their assigned country of origin according to their visual design and their name. The characters also address the mystery of the house's style being very atypical. Even though the story was inspired by the Chinese legend, there are other folklores mixed in, and one can probably argue there is very little semblance to the original tale besides the basic character set up. From a personal standpoint, I really wanted to merge different cultures together and address the influence of things such as language in this setting.

6 hours ago, Narcosis said:

This looks lovely. I particularly like the art you showcased, especially in case of character design for Ai. Premise shows promise for a short, meaningful story and I can already see myself picking it up once it gets released. Be sure to drop more info!

Yes, I love sneks.

Thanks, happy to hear it :) here's a snake for you.ca04e188594ac8af71d832ed0358bc4c_origina

Hello Everyone!

We've released the alpha demo recently and launched our Kickstarter! I was hoping to show it to you all after more assets were finalized for an update, but it hasn't worked out with some teammates. Hope you guys still enjoy it nonetheless!

Here are some previews of the CGs in our demo :D You can download it here on Itchio https://aikasacolle.itch.io/mizuchi

tumblr_inline_pd2fhnSDkx1rse9s7_540.png

tumblr_inline_pd2fhr42fm1rse9s7_540.png

• 2 weeks later...