Is it Just Me or is the Translation of 2236 A.D. Not Good?

Nier

It seems to be the kind of translation that if you just read what's written, you won't grasp what you just read but instead you need to read the sentence and spend a minute rearranging the sentence in your head for you to try making sense out of it, it's not really engrish but it's all just very awkward sounding.

I am thinking that it could be because either the translator is not an native english speaker, or because the editor(s) did not do the job properly or both.

Anyway, looks like it's another quality Sekai release.

Edited by Nier

3 hours ago, Nier said:

I am thinking that it could be because either the translator is not an native english speaker, or because the editor(s) did not do the job properly or both.

Anyway, looks like it's another quality Sekai release.

>editors not doing their job at SP

That's definitely news.

Edited by Narcosis

One day in the yard at his home, Yotsuba finds a Phillips-head screwdriver. He traces its origin to a nearby abandoned manor, and enters. Inside, he finds something…

The description itself has me raring to read this. I now have an urge to go out to my shed and find out where all my tools came from.

It make sense I guess if we consider that it was released by the original company before it was finally released by Sekai, so most likely the developer themselves were work together with Sekai in regard of the translation resulting the awkward translation there. I don't know though if it might be deliberate or not, but as for me I would say that I'm fine with 2236 translation here even though I might not have the time to read this later.

Edited by littleshogun