Mangagamer Otakon 2018 Announcement

littleshogun

2 minutes ago, VonKlaus said:

i was hopping for something from BaseSon

mg´s tl´ers are already super busy marathonning rance & gang, anymore massive gameplay-ish stuff and they´re sure to slit their throats whilst raping donkeys

Edited by SaintOfVoid

So... No Sakura no Mori no Dreamers. Still, not bad announcements. I am really surprised about ChaubleSoft, though. I definitely didn't see that one coming (and how it came to be considering the situation around that other ChaubleSoft VN that MangaGamer has license for). Also... still no my elves. RIP

Edited by Infernoplex

A good surprise is always welcomed lol, although it's understandable though if one wouldn't expected something from Chuuablesoft to be announced because of bankruptcy and all. Then again, if JAST can release Schatten in which it was from a bankrupt company, why not Mangagamer here? Although I'm curious though if it mean that Suki Suki release is come near, and if Mangagamer managed to get contact with the new holder for Chuuable soft or not.

2 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

A good surprise is always welcomed lol, although it's understandable though if one wouldn't expected something from Chuuablesoft to be announced because of bankruptcy and all. Then again, if JAST can release Schatten in which it was from a bankrupt company, why not Mangagamer here? Although I'm curious though if it mean that Suki Suki release is come near, and if Mangagamer managed to get contact with the new holder for Chuuable soft or not.

Schatten isn't a surprise. JAST took the license before the company went under. It just took them a while to get stuff in order and release it (I assume the reason it took them so long was because of Schatten's dev going under and then they had to sort shit with the new license holder... same thing MangaGamer probably had to do with SukuSuki). But when you grab a license from a bankrupt company, that already looks like something new. I don't remember something like that happening until now.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

as far as i remember the company wasnt bancrupt yet, it´s just jast being jast eg. who knows if they´d survived if the game hadnt been in works for what feels like a decade. 

lol I knew that they wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to necro another title from the dead ChuableSoft. :amane:

Amrilato seems to be an okay title for yuri fans and Horny Magical Princess a pretty crappy otome title. I'm interested in neither.

Choukou Tenshi Escalayer is the remade predecessor of Beatblade Haruka which was a rather weak fetish nukige. I don't think I'll waste my time with that.

Considering that they didn't even manage to get the minimum target Sakura no Mori Dreamers, that's overall pretty disappointing even for my already weak expectations. Well, only Rance fans seem to count for them nowadays, so I guess that was to be expected.

I would be interested in the Chuablesoft game (Farther than the Blue Sky) and The Expression Amrilato (even though I am not really interested in the genre, it looks like it could be interesting enough).

Edited by Nier

On 04.08.2018 at 5:24 AM, VonKlaus said:

yes they went bankrupt but i think someone helped them 

Server relocation work in progress for each workable page of chewable software.
We will create a link from here on which the display for a time is confirmed.
It is a specification that the development diary of some works created in WordPress is not displayed properly.
Please contact us for inquiries about this content.

i think about Mangagamer

Someone helped them?

Sorry, you mean, someone helped them goes bankrupt?! Mangagamer?!

Or what? Sorry, I can't understand what the image it is and what it describes.

2 hours ago, VonKlaus said:

they went bankrupt but someone else got the right for the title and mangagamer had to renew the contract 

what i post was the website of chuablesoft with google translate 

of course someone else is inevitably getting the rights to all of their ip´s in case of a bankruptcy, like creditors/debt holders for example. this usually doesnt terminate existing licenses in the process, but companies holding onto these are then forced to work out whom to consult when facing all sorts of shenanigans , btw asking for support etc etc etc. whilst technical not impossible getting licenses of dead-ish companies, this might funtamentically aggravate everything, even more so in cases of rights being transfered to anyone who´s totally not involved in anything galge, eg. credit institutes etc, therefore unable of lending localizer XY a helping hand when a sudden need arises.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Yeah, the announcements seem to be more on the disappointing side. I'm not exactly sure what to expect of The Expression Amrilato and Ano Harewataru Sora yori Takaku, but from the first impression, they don't seem particularly interesting.

Overall, looking through Mangagamer's announcements from this year so far, the only VN I'm really interested in is Steam Prison.