Mangagamer Otakon 2018 Announcement

littleshogun

Seeing that Otakon is almost here, I decided to open the thread about this. Although in practice it was only Mangagamer though (Hence the title), because so far they're the only one who gonna have the announcements - I'll edit the title if NekoNyan here joining the announcement later. Anyway as for Mangagamer announcement here, they'll announce four title with one of those from the new partner. As far as my guess here, perhaps I should keep it to a minimum for now seeing that they already announced Rance at AX. Of course I still interested to see the title that they'll announce later, so I'll gonna keep my eye on their announcement later. Feel free to speculate what Mangagamer will announce here.

Mangagamer announcement will be held at Friday, August 10th from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EDT (GMT -4 if you want to keep an eye on the announcement through the internet). I'll also list the announcement here as well below, and here's their announcement page updated for the source.

Announcement 1 (New Partner) - The Expression Amrilato

33173.jpg

Right after eating at a local shopping district, Rin, an upbeat high school girl, was astonished by the sudden change of her environment.

Although it was a place she should've known very well, she couldn't read the letters on the signs, and the words people spoke turned completely foreign.

Unable to grasp the situation, she sat stunned, lost in disbelief.

...That's when a cute, idol-like girl - Ruka - appeared and lent her a hand.

A pure romance story between girls with a language barrier begins to unfold.

Announcement 2 - Horny Magical Princess

33757.jpg

If a kiss is a greeting, then sex is a conversation!

The protagonist is a princess from another world—a land of magic. She arrives on planet Earth in search of her future husband. There, she meets two sweet and innocent male college students.

"Say, what do you guys think of me?"
"Well, you're very... forward...?"
"We may come from different cultures, but nonetheless, I think you're an attractive woman..."

Different worlds, different viewpoints—can the princess overcome these obstacles and fall in love for the first time?

Announcement 3 - Haretaka

24281.jpg

Otoya lives far south of the mainland on the island of Amanoshima, where space research is extremely popular. Many aspiring rocket engineers from countries all over the world gather at Amanoshima Academy to take courses there and build rockets together. Since he was only in the general education curriculum (and even acknowledges that he is also quite an idiot), he was surprised when Arisa asked him to join her club ‘Byakko’ and build a rocket with her. He was moved by her eyes of conviction and agreed to help her.

However, Kaho, the deputy leader of the largest rocket club at the school (ARC), informed them that Byakko will be disbanded unless they win the rocket competition before the end of the second term. With pyromaniac upperclassmen Nazuna, mischievous childhood friend Honoka, and even their rival Kaho in tow, they attempt to build a rocket from scratch with neither the budget, the facilities nor the technology. Everyone tells them that it is impossible, but they will not give up! Their goal is the grand prize at the competition and the continuation of Byakko!

This is the 10th anniversary work by Chuable Soft, written by first-time writer Hanno Shuusei, who had previously only worked on light novels.

Announcement 4 - Escalayer

25865.jpg

Earth is being invaded by the evil organization, Dai-Lust.

After summer break, there is a new transfer student in your class, Kouenji Sayuka. Sayuka is your childhood friend, but somehow she has no memory of you at all, and out of nowhere she now has a younger sister, Kouenji Madoka. The next day after school, an evil organization known as Dai-Lust began invading Earth. You witness Sayuka masterbate and transform into a warrior named Escalayer who then defeat the bad guys.

Later, Madoka explained to you that Sayuka's consciousness has been transferred to a bio-body (which caused her to lose her memory), which has great fighting capabilities, but requires energy from sexual excitement to charge up. Madoka (who turns out to be a support android) threatens that if you do not help them she is going to distribute throughout the world the love letter you wrote to Sayuka when you were in kindergarden.

So begins the fight to save the world. 

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, VonKlaus said:

i think one title will be from ChuableSoft 

and the rest i am not sure

no idea where you´ve got that idea from, but in case you didn´t know, chuable went bancrupt aka financial shenanigans. no clue as who currently holds them rights to their titles, but as far as i remember there aren´t that many localizers around proactively going for dead meat

Edited by SaintOfVoid

yes they went bankrupt but i think someone helped them 

Server relocation work in progress for each workable page of chewable software.
We will create a link from here on which the display for a time is confirmed.
It is a specification that the development diary of some works created in WordPress is not displayed properly.
Please contact us for inquiries about this content.

i think about Mangagamer

Edited by VonKlaus

10 minutes ago, 1P1A said:

In their licensing surveys, they italicize (or bold in the case of Sakura) their hints.

Didn't know that was meant to be hints for titles for the entire year. Voices, language, Steam, otome, yuri, lucky, and sakura should be the hints then. Steam is probably steam prison so that is gone. There have been multiple yuri titles confirmed this year so that is probably also a hint to disregard. Lucky is probably luckydog so that is gone. Steam prison is an otome so not sure if the otome hint still stands. I guess we are left with voices (might be Full Chorus of kindred spirit so maybe that doesn't count anymore), language and sakura. So I guess our main focus should be language and sakura.

Edited by bakauchuujin

5 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Didn't know that was meant to be hints for titles for the entire year. Voices, language, Steam, otome, yuri, lucky, and sakura should be the hints then. Steam is probably steam prison so that is gone. There have been multiple yuri titles confirmed this year so that is probably also a hint to disregard. Lucky is probably luckydog so that is gone. Steam prison is an otome so not sure if the otome hint still stands. I guess we are left with voices (might be Full Chorus of kindred spirit so maybe that doesn't count anymore), language and sakura. So I guess our main focus should be language and sakura.

I may be wrong, of course, but I do want to see how these theories will go and how they will fail.

Sakura no Mori † Dreamers is probably one of the most likely titles they'll announce. Not just because of the Sakura hint, but also because of the 'Joker' from the Sorcery Jokers hint. Because judging by the synopsis of the successor Sakura no Mori † Dreamers 2, a certain Joker seems to have been some kind of villain there.

Besides that I don't expect too much. Since bigger stuff like Eustia, Koihime or Eushully titles are either not accessible or too expensive, they'll most likely go for some low budget moeges from some struggling or dead companies in Japan. So maybe another Chuable Soft title and considering their obsession with Circus, I guess we might get their latest smash hit Tenpure!!.

Personally, I'd love Walkure Romance, Unionism Quartet or at least Bakumatsu Jinchuu Houkoku Resshiden Miburo from the Chusingura makers, but that will also not happen. :sleep:

Edited by ChaosRaven

MangaGamer licensing another chuablesoft title when their current one is still in limbo strikes me as highly unlikely. Another Moonstone announcement seems very reasonable and there was that Sakura hint, but sometimes MG likes to throw in fakeouts, hints that seem obvious but actually mean something completely different. Still, it's probably what everyone's saying.

One of the three announcements from current partners will probably be a nukige. Maybe another Ammolite title? Or another Atelier Sakura NTR game. Actually, maybe that's the real meaning of the Sakura hint. :P

BTW, apparently MangaGamer has now fully translated Rance IX... in addition to the already 100% translated Segoku Rance and Rance Quest Magnum. Maybe I'm a bit of a slow one, but is there some deeper marketing strategy involved in having three fully translated Rance titles lying around and doing nothing with them? Or do they want to translate Rance X first and then sell all four titles bundled together? ^_^

4 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

BTW, apparently MangaGamer has now fully translated Rance IX... in addition to the already 100% translated Segoku Rance and Rance Quest Magnum. Maybe I'm a bit of a slow one, but is there some deeper marketing strategy involved in having three fully translated Rance titles lying around and doing nothing with them? Or do they want to translate Rance X first and then sell all four titles bundled together? ^_^

The real answer is that the translator translates faster than anyone else at the company can keep up with. Arunaru is a beast.

Edited by Decay

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

First of all, editing and testing are factors that can take as long or more than the translation took. Especially because these are gameplay titles, and some of them non-linear at that.

And it's not just the staff that takes longer. Gameplay titles also last longer for the players, so they at least avoid releasing gameplay titles in quick succession, and Evenicle came out just a bit over a month ago. If too many were released in succession, they would theoretically eat into each other's sales.

Third, Decay is correct.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

5 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

New partner - Lune (and hopefully "Sukebe Elf no Mori e"). Come on, let's see it happen guys! :D

whilst lune remains erogemaker no1 (only the mainbrand), at least to me, "sukebe elf no mori e" is one of its more weak titles, definitely not bad, but pales in comparison with others like fuurinkanzan or jutai hen.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

1 hour ago, SaintOfVoid said:

whilst lune remains erogemaker no1 (only the mainbrand), at least to me, "sukebe elf no mori e" is one of its more weak titles, definitely not bad, but pales in comparison with others like fuurinkanzan or jutai hen.

Fuurinkanzan is very old and Jutai Hen seem to just be an eroge about school stuff, Elf at least uses a more original setting and would probably sell more and be more popular, it's just the kind of game that catches your attention.

The anime adaptation is also one of the highest rated 18+ anime on anidb:

https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=animelist&orderby.rating=0.2&orderby.name=1.1&noalias=1&h=2

It has spot number 5.

Edited by Nier

Guesses huh? Well, Sakura no Mori is very likely with the Sakura hint and MG having a Moonstone game basically at all times for the past few years, though a Da Capo is also possible since Circus, like Moonstone, has almost always had something in MG's release list. Though a fandisc is unlikely, since Otakon is usually the big announcements. So Sakura no Mori it is.

For the languages hint, Kotonoha Amrilato was the popular pick back when the hints went up. It's an all ages yuri title about romance without a common language and would mean all three major cons for the year had a yuri title from MG. It would also be the new partner.

There was apparently a tweet or something in a post panel question thing that their would be 18+ otome at some point, but I don't remember anything specific about that and only vaguely remember someone mentioning it. Plus if Steam Prison is the steam hint that leaves the otome hint as a leftover. Personally I want Horny Princess by Kalmia8, but their other titles would work to. They are the only partner with 18+ otome MG have and I think Fashioning did well enough.

As for a fourth title though, I got nothing to really go on. As far as I can tell all the hints have been used up except for Joker which I never noticed. As much as I want it to be a non Rance Alicesoft thing, it likely won't be. I do hope for something gameplay related, hopefully with actual routes for once.

Edited by jikorde