"Your Diary" is coming out

Antera

" Yuhi Minagawa whom a friend form childhood." Is this supposed to be worse than a regular childhood friend?

'Please check with your eyes what kind of happiness it will spin." Is another absolutely stellar line.

They don't even fucking try do they?

1 minute ago, Ranzo said:

" Yuhi Minagawa whom a friend form childhood." Is this supposed to be worse than a regular childhood friend?

'Please check with your eyes what kind of happiness it will spin." Is another absolutely stellar line.

They don't even fucking try do they?

Either it is machine translation or they just picked up some random chinese guy to translate for them :)

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

Either it is machine translation or they just picked up some random chinese guy to translate for them :)

This kind of looks like how I would expect a horrible manual translation from some non-European language to look. It actually feels like there is some logic behind the words, it's just that the translator has no idea about how English grammar works. :makina:

29 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Another decent visual novel completely ruined by incompetent publishers.

i dont really see any reason why hobibox would or even should care about it, like it´s clear as day their version is primarily targeted at chinese speaking people, with its enrish pendant, well, might call it some low-effort throw-in at best. guess quality (in case the chn-tl wont suck) goes where the most money´s at.

or in other words, if hobibox believes translating their titles in any other language apart from chinese isnt worth the hassle, so be it.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

2 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Another decent visual novel completely ruined by incompetent publishers.

I don't know what you're talking about I start every day by asking, "Have eaten much delicious lunch, physical strength has been revived, right?"

1 hour ago, Templarseeker said:

Whoa! Haven't seen such a bizarre and awful translation mess like this before?! :nokia:

Even Gaokao.Love100Days which most people here complaining about the translation quality fares better than this particular VN... 

One of the worst VN translations disasters I've ever seen since MoeNovel's atrocities

This translation definitely seems quite a bit worse than If My Heart Had Wings.

Edited by Decay

25 minutes ago, Nier said:

Wait "Hobibox"? Isn't that the same company which released about 2 VNs in Europe like 18 years ago?

https://vndb.org/p1101

Hobibox is a huge corporation that has been actively trying to release stuff internationally for a very long time. See their parent producer: https://vndb.org/p1665

Many of their imprints have games released by english-language VN publishers. They are also a subsidiary of DMM, a big online adult entertainment group. It's worth noting that there's some misinformation going around stating that this is being self-published by the original Japanese developers/publishers. This is not the case. The original developer was Cube, a subsidiary of Cuffs, which from what I can tell has no formal relationship with DMM/Hobibox. What appears to have happened is an actual licensing arrangement where DMM/Hobibox licensed the rights to a chinese and english release from Cuffs, just like how a western VN publisher like MangaGamer would. So essentially, it's still the same setup of a third-party company licensing, translating, and releasing a game in another language, except that Cuff turned down offers from proper English companies in order to work with a Japanese company that has no idea what they're doing. Fun stuff.

Edited by Decay

6 hours ago, Decay said:

Hobibox is a huge corporation that has been actively trying to release stuff internationally for a very long time. See their parent producer: https://vndb.org/p1665

Many of their imprints have games released by english-language VN publishers. They are also a subsidiary of DMM, a big online adult entertainment group.

Isn't DMM the ones who owns the publishing rights for Iwahime: https://vndb.org/v17863

This was the reason cited by the usual Ryuukishi07 fan-translators as to why they won't fan-translate the game, because unlike typical Ryuukishi07 work which is self-published idependently, Iwahime is owned and published by DMM.

Could this mean that Iwahime might eventually be released in english by Hobibox who'se eager to share with world the much deliciousness of Iwahime, right!??

Edited by Nier

2 minutes ago, Nier said:

Isn't DMM the who owns the publishing rights for Iwahime: https://vndb.org/v17863

This was the reason cited by the usual Ryuukishi07 fan-translators as to why they won't fan-translate the game, because unlike typical Ryuukishi07 work which is self-published idependently, Iwahime is owned and published by DMM.

Could this mean that Iwahime might eventually be released in english by Hobibox who'se eager to share with world the much deliciousness of Iwahime, right!??

Yes, they funded and published Iwaihime. DMM seems somewhat willing to work with western publishers. But yeah, maybe they'll pull a frontwing and decide to do their own stuff themselves from now on, on top of licensing from other companies in Japan. Who knows. 

Witch Hunt worked with expressed permission from Ryukishi 07. I'm guessing they don't want to translate anything of his without permission, especially now that they've worked with MangaGamer on the official Umineko release. And R07 can't give permission for Iwaihime, indeed.

Huh.  They updated the storefront page.  All the 瓦石語 (garbagese) seems to be gone now, except for the one screenshot (which hasn't been changed).  Perhaps it actually isn't being machine translated.  (I'll still be wanting to see an explanation for what the hell that was they posted.)