Your Diary Release, True or Not?

littleshogun

Seeing that we have Steam store for Your Diary, I think it's about time to open the discussion about this. So what's your opinion on this? Personally while I'm quite interested with this, seeing that it was released at Steam (ie no H scenes) and no info on the voice made me doubtful on the release hence the question whether it's true or not (I'll edit the title if it's true at August 11th later). Feel free to discuss about that here.

As it's Hobibox publishing it, they might just put a port of the PSP version on Steam and call it a day, but they might also make a patch or put the 18+ version as a separate product somewhere.

I find the obvious Engrish on the Steam page much more problematic. This is a Chinese/English release, so I won't be surprised if the English translation is pure gibberish.

just hoping the translation does read good and no robotic at all. bit hesitant since there´s no visible indication on its steampage, the engrish description aside, be it screens with textboxes or an overall summary. doesn´t even make any sence to me, like prioritizing chinese over its english pendant effort-/qualitywise, but at the same time most stuff being written in engrish there.

6 hours ago, Hetzer123 said:

There are a lot of Chinese users in Steam. This is what happen when the IP holder decide to translate it themselves. They assume steam user have low standard for translation quality.

Uh all they had to do was look at the community response to the initial release of Tayutama 2...

• 2 weeks later...

I think what I get from the situation is that unfortunately the translation was quite bad and machine translated at that, so perhaps it would be best if we didn't bothered with this and just move on with the announcements that Mangagamer will bring us in Otakon later (Along with both of Newton VN and Sanoba if you want something like moege). But on the bright side, apparently they also realized the critic in regard of the bad translation and today they decided delayed the release in order to improved the release, so perhaps we have a very small of hope that we'll gonna have slightly better Your Diary release if you still insist want to read this and bothered by the initial translation at the same time, although unfortunately there's still no word in regard of 18+ version though.

Edit - Nevermind what I say about earlier here, because they decided to going with the release, so may as well to just give up for the chance of the improvement lol.

Edited by littleshogun

On 29/7/2018 at 1:52 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

It's too bad we won't be getting anything other than a cheap translation for this work. Guess I won't get to appreciate Kantoku's art in this. :(

If it weren't for the shoddy writing in the Steam page, this CG could've convinced me to buy it right on release day.

I'd way prefer the CG if it was about the girl kissing the MC through a train window. Hard to pull your body through some train windows, but it would be sooooo romantic. E. g. the girl has to go far away and it's a farewell kiss.

Why do VN writers tell the same stories over and over and over again, it's a mystery to me. They have 0 imagination, I wonder if they read stories themselves.

Edited by Okarin

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I think what I get from the situation is that unfortunately the translation was quite bad and machine translated at that, so perhaps it would be best if we didn't bothered with this and just move on with the announcements that Mangagamer will bring us in Otakon later (Along with both of Newton VN and Sanoba if you want something like moege). But on the bright side, apparently they also realized the critic in regard of the bad translation and today they decided delayed the release in order to improved the release, so perhaps we have a very small of hope that we'll gonna have slightly better Your Diary release if you still insist want to read this and bothered by the initial translation at the same time, although unfortunately there's still no word in regard of 18+ version though. I'll link the announcement from the company below.

I honestly hope they drop it altogether. They don't have the people to properly fix the translation.