LB extra routes

Silvz

So, since the three extra routes are only available after Refrain (Sasami, Futaki and Saya), I keep wondering on how long they are im comparison to other routes and if they are relevant plotwise or only serve to expand the characters.

If the story is 100% filler, I may not get interested in them. Specially on Saya, because I hate to play dungeon crawlers.

Can you enlight me - WITHOUT SPOILERS - how these routes actually6 work and if they are worth reading for plot?

Sasami and Saya are standalone stories, Kanata's route is connected with Haruka's. I enjoyed all three of them, totally worth reading. Dungeons in Saya's route might be little tiring, but Saya herself makes it worth suffering a bit ;)

As for the length - from what I remember they are normal.

Edited by adamstan

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 9:41 PM, Silvz said:

So, since the three extra routes are only available after Refrain (Sasami, Futaki and Saya), I keep wondering on how long they are im comparison to other routes and if they are relevant plotwise or only serve to expand the characters.

If the story is 100% filler, I may not get interested in them. Specially on Saya, because I hate to play dungeon crawlers.

Can you enlight me - WITHOUT SPOILERS - how these routes actually6 work and if they are worth reading for plot?

Did you ever go back and do those routes? I'm curious what you thought. I thought all the routes were fun, but Saya's was easily the best, even if the dungeon stuff was tedius.

1 hour ago, Corrupted said:

Did you ever go back and do those routes? I'm curious what you thought. I thought all the routes were fun, but Saya's was easily the best, even if the dungeon stuff was tedius.

I finished Refrain last night. I didn't enjoy it as much as I've expected, and since Saya doesn't even appear during the game and the other two are so-so, I don't think I'll read them.

What I want to do, later, is help to understand wth happened.

1 minute ago, Silvz said:

I finished Refrain last night. I didn't enjoy it as much as I've expected, and since Saya doesn't even appear during the game and the other two are so-so, I don't think I'll read them.

What I want to do, later, is help to understand wth happened.

I think you're supposed to understand everything after refrain. Those other three paths are just for fun. Saya is pretty dang funny though, you're missing out if you skip her :>

7 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I think you're supposed to understand everything after refrain. Those other three paths are just for fun. Saya is pretty dang funny though, you're missing out if you skip her :>

The problem is that Refrain confused me. I was accepting the "KEY magic" thing until Kyiosuke starded explaining the secret of the world. From there on, nothing made sense for me. For example

Spoiler

- Do they die on the accident or survive? The ending can be interpreted as being a new reboot of the dream world or the future where all of them remember what happened in that world. But then the extra scene of Rin and Riki kissing transmits the idea that only they survived.

I don't recall any part indicating that Kurugaya was aware of her role there, nor that she was helping Kiyosuke. But that seems to be the official explanation, at least according to the internet, of both her route and her not being remembered by the little busters.

And if she was aware, like Komari was, why haven't she stayed available in the case Riki tried her route again? I mean, her wish was not fulfilled yet, and it was related directly to being with Riki, so she could be always available. However, I admit that one possibitily for this is that the Kurugaya who falls in love with Riki is a different entity since she creates her own wish.

Speaking of locked routes, why do the girls disappear during the heroines routes but not during the common route? I get the first situation, but not the second. Technically they should already be free from the world as their wishes were fulfilled.

There are more questions, but I'll leave only one more here: How did Midori know about the repetition as in the end she states she doesn't have much time anymore?

1 minute ago, Silvz said:

The problem is that Refrain confused me. I was accepting the "KEY magic" thing until Kyiosuke starded explaining the secret of the world. From there on, nothing made sense for me. For example

Hide contents

- Do they die on the accident or survive? The ending can be interpreted as being a new reboot of the dream world or the future where all of them remember what happened in that world. But then the extra scene of Rin and Riki kissing transmits the idea that only they survived.

I don't recall any part indicating that Kurugaya was aware of her role there, nor that she was helping Kiyosuke. But that seems to be the official explanation, at least according to the internet, of both her route and her not being remembered by the little busters.

And if she was aware, like Komari was, why haven't she stayed available in the case Riki tried her route again? I mean, her wish was not fulfilled yet, and it was related directly to being with Riki, so she could be always available. However, I admit that one possibitily for this is that the Kurugaya who falls in love with Riki is a different entity since she creates her own wish.

Speaking of locked routes, why do the girls disappear during the heroines routes but not during the common route? I get the first situation, but not the second. Technically they should already be free from the world as their wishes were fulfilled.

There are more questions, but I'll leave only one more here: How did Midori know about the repetition as in the end she states she doesn't have much time anymore?

Spoiler

My interpretation:

There's like multiple endings...there's the implied original ending where everyone dies. You don't experience this ingame.

This gets averted because Kyousuke clues Riki in to the fact that he needs to leave everyone behind and escape with Rin before he passes out, leading to only Riki and Rin surviving.

THIS gets averted because Rin and Riki use similar brain powers to recreate the dream world plus go back in time then save everyone. \

The whole - do you end up with Rin or do you end up with unknown person after a beach trip seems purely optional, along with whether you stay friends or become lovers with Rin.

About whether characters that were not the three male "dream masters" were aware of the dream - My interpretation from the main game/refrain is that they aren't aware of it, or if they are, it's very low in their subconscious. Only the three males are constantly aware and taking an active role in maintaining the healthy and balance of the dream. I think Komari and everyone else became more aware of the dream world when it was time to become more aware of it such is when they are satisfied and ready to pass on, otherwise they lost themselves in the fantasy. Komari's case was special in that she stayed behind not to help but because she was being selfish - this was significant since she was the least selfish character in the game up to that point. So it's kinda like she's treating herself to a deserved reward.

All of that is my interpretation after the refrain...but...if you want to know more about the dream world and all the character's awareness of it, you should play Futaki's route. It changed my point of view on this matter greatly.

I think the girls don't disappear during the common route because that would make the game unplayable. I interpret it as a sort of afterimage left behind, similar in nature to the many unintelligent imaginary people you see walking around. I'm more confused by the characters that seem to have personality and sentience but weren't on the bus (Like Futaki?!)

I don't think Midori knew about the repetition. The fact she didn't have much time, when she explained it to you in her route, seemed to be because of the nature of being an imaginary friend ... she could only borrow SOME time in that body, ever. Of course, after finishing the game, I can then go back and speculate that she knew about the world reseting, but I think just from her route only you need not conclude that. Also I highly doubt that Midori was even real...I think she was a creation of Mio that existed only because they were in a dream world to begin with.