Kamidori Alchemy Meister outfit/skill reccomendations.

Ryleona

What are good outfits, weapons and skills that I should prioritize crafting for my first playthrough? Already chapter 5. So far I have the Earth, Fire and Dark outfits for Yuela, Holy for Emelita and Water for Servalwi. Haven't really been trying to hard to craft weapons.

During your first playthrough, you should try to craft all outfits if possible, but you shouldn't upgrade them. The exception is if you see you can add two blocks and then you gain a skill you can really use. Heavy upgrading is a trap. It starts out at 500, which seems like nothing. However it slowly increase in cost and suddenly you spent a fortune. Also be aware that you plan to try to always select something next to the last block you selected because there is a fee for jumping over blocks you already selected and that one really adds up fast.

One reason to not do much for upgrading is it doesn't matter much unless you upgrade a lot. If you upgrade a lot, you have to select one to focus on. Having the ability to switch is very beneficial because in addition to skills, outfits have bonuses and penalties in defense against specific types of attack, like you switch for max fire resistance before going into a map with fire breathing monsters.

You really should craft weapons. In fact you should pay special attention to the type of damage. For instance there is a sword with 1 attack, which is almost pointless. However it's providing fire damage, which makes it really useful if you fight something, which is weak against fire, like giving you +50% attack and that's not +50% to the sword, that's +50% of your total attack, meaning you will cause massive damage. You really want to pay attention to which types of damage you should use against which monsters. Unlike outfits, you can switch weapons while on the map, meaning it's easier to optimize against against whatever you encounter even if you don't know what the map contains in advance. You can also switch between two weapons multiple times to optimize against two different monsters on the same map. There is a lot of strategy regarding elemental damage.

The stats for crafting and which furniture to place in your workshop.

Spoiler

There are 3 stats: skill, tools and mutate.

Skill: train faster. If you craft enough, this shouldn't be an issue.

Tools: this reduce crating cost by (X * tools)/100, rounded down, meaning to go 2->1 requires 50 while going 5->4 requires 20.

Mutate: certain items have the ability to mutate into something else, usually an upgraded version of the same thing. The higher the mutate, the higher the chance.

If you can get enough tools to get a discount, do it. The saving of resources is well worth it. However it doesn't matter if you hae 15 or 19 if you craft an item, which won't get a discount before you have 34 tools. Also if a recipe requires 5, the discounts come at 20 and 40. It makes no point to go from 21 to 28. You really should just get enough tools for the discount and that's it. Instead you should maximize out mutate and hunt for the mutated items. In other words +1 mutate is likely better than +3 tools.

All of them. If one dies, then you can add more, meaning even if you only have command points for say 4, you can use a total of say 9 on a single map. Because of this, you really should prevent having a bunch of level 20 characters and then suddenly require using a level 5 character. Also even without replacing characters on a map, certain characters are better than others for certain maps, like natural elemental damage or resistance to match the monsters on the map. Also natural flying, swimming etc can also be either useless of downright mandatory depending on the map.

Having said that, you will likely end up with say Yuela being used more due to generally being a more efficient fighter, meaning she will be a higher level than the rest, making her even better. Don't fall into the trap of using the highest level characters each time even if it can be tempting. You will need to have many at some point.

Another reason for leveling up everybody: (it is a spoiler, but I can't remember when it triggers)

Spoiler

The arena will at some point unlock combat where only a specific character is allowed. There is one for each character (more or less), meaning you can't neglect characters if you want to beat the arena.

Edited by tymmur

Hmm, I'm prioritizing Wilfred, Yuela and the Angel, Devil/Evil spirits, and Fox duo. They seem so strong to me. Tbh tho, I'm having trouble with the  M rank 1v5. The monsters are to resistant so physical damage, I can't use Yuela, anyone else can't survive all the ranged damage, and they are only weak to wind, but I highly doubt I could win the round with Servalwi.

Edited by Ryleona

4 hours ago, tymmur said:

Another reason for leveling up everybody: (it is a spoiler, but I can't remember when it triggers)

Hide contents

The arena will at some point unlock combat where only a specific character is allowed. There is one for each character (more or less), meaning you can't neglect characters if you want to beat the arena.

Oh yea I think I remember Suina getting absolutely destroyed there for me :wahaha:

21 hours ago, ArgentstR said:

Oh yea I think I remember Suina getting absolutely destroyed there for me :wahaha:

If you do the bridge quest, Suina just destroys everything at the start of the game so I didn't have problems. :D That being said this game is a dick at giving you optional timelimited quests, that are literally impossible to do unless you  reload and grind before it.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that if you don't want to level everyone than focusing mainly on the flying characters can help since they can move around more freely. Still it's a good idea to level everyone because soem characters are obviously better againts certain enemies.

Edited by TheCrimsonFucker

4 hours ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

If you do the bridge quest, Suina just destroys everything at the start of the game so I didn't have problems. :D That being said this game is a dick at giving you optional timelimited quests, that are literally impossible to do unless you  reload and grind before it.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that if you don't want to level everyone than focusing mainly on the flying characters can help since they can move around more freely. Still it's a good idea to level everyone because soem characters are obviously better againts certain enemies.

That bridge quest was stupid. I looked at it, laughed, and forgot about it.

1 minute ago, Ryleona said:

That bridge quest was stupid. I looked at it, laughed, and forgot about it.

Ryleona's action towards the bridge quest reward was stupid. I looked at it, laughed, and forgot about it.

Spoiler

The quest is odd in the sense that the reward seems very overpowered, like kind of getting it multiple chapters too soon. Also you have no real sense of the value even when you get it. You have to use it before you really figure out what it means to obtain it.