I just finished Eroge! ~H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai~

Xykros

Spoilers ahead. You've been warned. If you don't like spoilers and you haven't played the game before, I suggest turning back.

Generally, I'm just happy I managed to finish a game and put a check mark on my loooooong backlog. I know this is a pretty old game and has been around for quite some time, but then again I haven't been playing visual novels for quite some time.

I just wanna say this before I start giving my impressions - Clock Up makes some of the best ahegao faces. If you know any better ahegao faces than the ones from Clock Up games, do tell me.

Anyways, since I mentioned that, I might as well start with that. The ero scenes are very, for the lack of a better term, erotic (duh). However, I just felt like the way the game utilizes ahegao is a... bit of a stretch. I know, this is common in Clock Up games. I've played other Clock Up titles before and I know they LOVE their ahegao, even in sweet scenes, and this game is no exception. This is mainly more of a preference thing, but I think ahegao should mainly be used when a character is being mentally broken through sex. I would understand it if I were playing something like Euphoria, but in this case... I don't know. I just don't think that it suits cutesy and sweet scenes, but then again that's just my opinion. Overall the sex scenes were incredible, and I enjoyed them a lot (Needless to say, I also fapped a lot).

As for the characters, I just felt like they were a bit lacking? I don't know. In other games, once the characters were presented, I usually get this thought that "Ah, I want to play this girl's route first" or something like that. But in this game, no such thing came into my mind. In fact, when I had to choose which heroine to assists first, I had to make a long, hard look at the characters before deciding (I chose Iori who am I kidding of course I chose Nene first). I came to love the characters as I progressed through their routes, but they just didn't captivate me at first sight. In addition to that, it kinda felt that the reasons why they all came to love the MC in their respective routes are kinda vague? It's usually along the lines of "it just happened", especially in Iori's route. Now then, I'm not saying that it's unrealistic and such. It happens, yes, but c'mon I want more of a reason than that.

This is a bit unrelated to the text above, but I love Momoka the most. While it's true the she's annoying early on and made me wanna just drop the game and pretend I finished her route (I took her route last), the latter parts of her route were probably the sweetest of all the heroines.

Overall, I still think that it's a great game. I definitely don't regret this purchase.

(I'm so sorry for opening a topic for an eight year old game)

NOBODY CARES! :reeee:

jk. :sachi: 

congrats, xykros! :mare: clock up is probably one of my favorite vn companies for how distinct their style for characters and story is. as for the ahegao, idk. i think it depends on the vn and with this i feel like it fits fine. dont need to fuck a womans brain out through her skull to trigger an ahegao face. 

a classic from their library for sure. mg needs to release more of their stuff.

I wanted to like it, since the anime was good but the h-scenes and their background voices in many places were borderline disgusting (as in did not suit my artistic preference or raped the ears). This is same as in Euphoria, i liked the story in that one and scenes were interesting, but voices and ahegao made the h-scenes almost unbearable.