What Site Work Would You Like To See?

Please consider taking this survey (Link) and let me know what you want to see fixed/improved upon across the various Fuwanovel sites. Your feedback will determine my work priorities this Summer/Fall. (Forum Post)

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

jansonseth

(Dropped) Summer Pockets English Translation (Need Translators!)

Summer Pockets English Translation

Project Dropped

Image result for summer pockets

Visual Novel Information:

Game Name: Summer Pockets

Developer & Publisher: Key

Duration: Around 30 - 50 Hours

Genre: Nakige - Drama

https://vndb.org/v20424

Team:

Project Leader: Jansonseth (Me)

Translator: Position Open

Coder/Hacker: Position Open (Me for the moment)

TLC: Position Open

Image Editor: Position Open

This project hasn't started yet. That's why most/all of the positions are open.

Honestly, and take it solely as my view. I don't think you should bother at all, as this game will very likely be localized 'soon', as all KEY works have been (except for Angel Beats!, which technically seems dead in Japan too). Considering that you don't have anyone helping you and that the game is too long, too dense, and so recent, I think it is better for you to not go through the process so in a few months you have to stop.

It would be great if you'd use the time and effort into the many other games that will likely never see the light of the english days, helping the community to have a wider variety of good english translations.

What Silvz said. The possibility that Visual Art's will make an official localization of Summer Pockets is extremely high and the game just came out, so it's not a great idea to start a translation on it right now. Find another VN to translate, maybe another Nijima Yuu VN perhaps? And please, no matter what the project is for, find an actual translator for it, don't accept anyone who does partial machine translations.

I would say that even ignoring the facts that there's a chance that KEY will officially localized this and the proper translation process, it would be a pain to deal with the engine that Summer Pocket use in which I would guess it's Siglus. For a bit of reminder, Tsurezure (HatsuKoi's translator) did consider to officially localized Hoshiori to allow them have an easier time to dealing with the Siglus programming. So yeah perhaps dropping this would be the best outcome if we look from the prospect of painful engine work alone, but in the end it's up to you to either just dropped it or consider to go on with the project.

Edited by littleshogun

For future reference, unfortunately you're also going about this all wrong. Without a translator your project is doomed. Find a translator that's interested in a VN first before even announcing a project. They're the rarest commodity in these projects and you almost never get people putting their hand up for something you're interested in; it's the other way around - the translator needs to be interested in something and the group should form around them.

36 minutes ago, ittaku said:

For future reference, unfortunately you're also going about this all wrong. Without a translator your project is doomed. Find a translator that's interested in a VN first before even announcing a project. They're the rarest commodity in these projects and you almost never get people putting their hand up for something you're interested in; it's the other way around - the translator needs to be interested in something and the group should form around them.

Yup, I couldn't agree more here.