Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai COMPLETE!

mitchhamilton

just to clarify, im referring to all the fandisks and of course the main game itself as well as the little known A+ fandisk. so unless math has failed me thats 8 vns done from the majikoi universe!

quite the ride its been. cant deny that i was getting majikoi fatigue at the end. love the main vn to death but my god. theres only so much majikoi a person can take. not sure exactly how many years its been exactly but its probably been like 6 years, maybe? anyone remember when the translation for majikoi was released? the one that had all the routes except miyakos and the agave route? i believe fuwa still had torrents floating about when i first played majikoi. think this is where i got it, in fact. I do know the picture that sold me on majikoi though.

_18_000.jpg

just look at that face. so happy and carefree. :sachi: the face that started it all.

so yeah, read majikoi when the original tl team released the translation that would lay in limbo for majikoi english progression for a long time. so long that i became impatient and started reading with a machine hooker. while i was reading it i learned that a new team was gonna tackle majikoi and years later they released a full english version that was uncensored. re-read majikois miyakos route and the agave route to get a better understanding of what was happening and finished majikoi fully. learned of the fan disk S and got started on that and its partial translation. history repeats itself as i read an unfinished translation with a machine hooker and learned that another team was gonna complete the vn. didnt go back this time to that one since i got the gist and had a better understanding of japanese. then the a series. oh god, the A series. 6 fandisks, 18 heroines and a whole lot of rinse and repeat. yamato must help the girls with some kind of big event and then theres a massive, overly long fight sequence. with the amount of girls in the majikoi universe that yamato can bone, id be really surprised if there was a main character of a vn who has more total possible heroines than yamato. 

feel like making a chart for all the possible boneable heroines but i dont want to right now. later.

decided to change my avatar after like 3 years of having the same avatar to mark this occasion!

sDzaigN.png

what a nice reward after all these years. the famous last words from this series will be with me after this long journey. "Maji de watashi ni koishinasai!"

Edited by mitchhamilton

Congrats finishing it then :D I only read the translated games and I actually forgot that I didn't read the after stories of the original heroines in S. Well they have to wait since I'm still sitting on the last route in Tsujido, the last route in Comyu (which I'm afraid to read at this point), Edelweiss, the Kira Kira Deardrops fandisc, I also want to check out Hapymaher and I just finished Hatsukoi after leaving it alone for months. Not to mention I also want to start reading in japanese at one point this summer.

Damn I remember how I fell in love with this game when I first started reading it and then waited for years checking yandere translation every few days to see nothing happening for years :P but after S came out I felt like I read too much of it. Got a little fed up with the "strong-willed girl gets all shy and submissive in a relationship" thing that makes 90% of the games. Also kind of got bored with Yamato being every womens type in Kawakami. Still hopefully a new fandiscs will get translated at somepoint and I can get back into it :D

Edited by TheCrimsonFucker

Congrats, man! I'll never do that though, cuz after Majikoi S i just don't want to read A parts at all. Still my fav is the very first one. "S" often has

Spoiler

too many H-scenes, i often felt tired of reading them. It has one awesome route tho, Koyuki's one, but again, unfortunatelly it's just "what if" kinda thing, and i think it's so dumb! It should be main route! Like Agave route in first game. So lame, really... It has one downside though, albeit a minor one - it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what happened to Koyuki in the past. I mean come on, they invited her in Kazama family and after years later Kuki decided to implement their plan? And if they didn't invite her - all's good. Bump.

As for A-parts... I just don't feel like it. Plus main heroines are just side characters now, and my fav ones are still from the 1st game - Miyako of course takes 1st place, then Yukie. New ones are good, mostly, but not THAT good. So no, i'd better read other VNs and will treasure time i spent with first 2 games in my mind.

Majikoi S had too many sex scenes, there's like 25-30 in there, I managed to finish it back in May/June 2016 but it was really a bore to be honest, felt more like a nukige at the end, it's listed as a sequel but it really felt more like a fandisc too. I quite enjoyed the first game though, at least that one had a normal amount of sex scenes and it had more of a scenario, the "scenario" in S felt more like a an excuse to throw sex scenes at you.

Edited by Nier

The scenes are one thing. Where they messed up in S is that 2 of the main routes were just scenes and barely antihing else. Monshiro and Tsubame had some good story going on, Kokoro was ok but Tatsuko and Margit had no actual story to speak about. At least Margit get's a fandisk route where you get to meet her whole squad but Tatsuko is kind of fucked :D

Spoiler

As for Koyuki she got it the worst. Her route barely features her in any way. The route itself is good but it's more like the true route of the game and she just got slapped on to it. If I have played the game mainly for her I would have been upset about it. She doesn't even get a fandsik or anything :( It's a shame since I wanted to see a route centered around her.

8 hours ago, skrewball717 said:

The A's aren't nearly as H-focused as S was at least. I have enjoyed A-1 and A-2 thoroughly so far. No one knows if the other 3 will ever actually get translated tho. Anyway congrats on finishing and take pride in my slight bit of jealousy.

How's Junai Road in comparison? Is it closer to Majikoi or more like Majikoi S?

2 hours ago, Nier said:

How's Junai Road in comparison? Is it closer to Majikoi or more like Majikoi S?

Somewhere in the middle. Ultimately it has quite a few h-scenes, but the common route is fairly lengthy without one. Also there are 2+ routes for each heroine, with no overlapping scenes so that adds to the count quite a bit, whereas most VN's don't have unique scenes in such situations. I mean it isn't Majikoi in quality of writing/heroines, but it was still fairly enjoyable with a solid amount of laughs.

Just wondering @mitchhamilton, do you feel like the series became too overbloated with characters after the original VN? I felt that the original had just the right amount of characters to give everyone a chance to shine (one of the reasons why it's in my top 10), but after that there were too many people and it didn't quite feel the same. I think the cast became overbloated right at the beginning of S with the rival school.

S was without a doubt overbloated, but the A's are fine imo. I mean it's essentially a fandisc split into 5 parts giving stories to side characters while holding onto the MC's awesomeness along the way. I honestly think if S was split up in a similar manner that A was it wouldn't be so maligned. There's just too much in one game that you get fatigued with it less than half way through.

3 hours ago, onorub said:

Just wondering @mitchhamilton, do you feel like the series became too overbloated with characters after the original VN? I felt that the original had just the right amount of characters to give everyone a chance to shine (one of the reasons why it's in my top 10), but after that there were too many people and it didn't quite feel the same. I think the cast became overbloated right at the beginning of S with the rival school.

yes, easily. just felt kind of stagnant, i guess. i mean, you get routes to heroines you may have liked in the first one like margit, kokoro, or mayuchies friend but those routes also just let you down in how much potential is wasted on compelling stories for these characters to just quick fan service. then you get new characters that seemed to serve the purpose of help selling the fan disks. you get a taste of them in s but the good stuff for them is in A.

1 minute ago, TexasDice said:

You didn't forget to read all the other Minatosoft games set in the same universe, as well as watching that terrible anime right? :gasp: 

Because if you didn't, I don't know if you're a real fan, Mitch. :leecher: The Minatosoft Cinematic universe is the most ambitious crossover since Infinity War.

ill say yes until you can prove other wise. :rimu:

hey! i see we both have changed our avatars! :mare: yours is.... interesting. :miyako: