Fate Series Novel Order

Tohka

I recently finished all fate animes and am almost done with the visual novel too. I am sooo interested in the fate universe that I wanna read the light novels too but I dont know which novel is about the Third Holy Grail war.. Please help

I'll just mention the chronology along with a short description. All of these works take place in the nasuverse, though they largely follow independent timelines.

1. Kara no Kyoukai - Gives a interesting background information about the nasuverse. Nasu's first VN Tsukihime is loosely based on this. This was originally a light novel series, later adapted into an anime movie series by ufotable.

2. The Visual Novel Series following the fate of Tohno Shiki -Tsukihime, Tsukihime+, and Kagetsu Tohya. Melty Blood was a game spin off that used charecters from Tsukihime.

3.The Visual Novel Series that follow the fate of Emiya Shirou - Fate/Stay Night (try to play the reality nua version for the avalon ending), Fate/hollow Ataraxia. The first two routes of the Fate visual Novel have been adapted into anime series while the third route(heaven's feel) is being turned into an anime movie series. This was based on the Light Novel Fate/Prototype which had a female protagonist, and saber (King Arthur ) was male.

4. The light novel Fate/Zero. THis was written after Fate/Stay Night but chronologically takes place before it. Interestingly this was not written by nasu. This LN was also adapted into an anime by ufotable.

5. The game series following Hakuno Kishinami and his servants include - Fate/extra, Fate Extra CCC, and Fate Extella.Fate Extra CCC is currently untranslated.

6.Mahoutsukai no Yoru is a VN released in 2012 following Aoko Aozaki and occur chronologically before Tsukihime. THis is currently untranslated.

7.Fate/Apocrypha, is a 5 book LN series set in a parallel world to the original Fate/stay night, where the Einzbern's summoned a Ruler rather than an Avenger in the Third Holy Grail War, it focuses on the conflict between two factions. (the red and black faction). It is being adapted into an anime and the LN is not yet fully translated.

8.Fate/Grand Order is the new android/ios rpg that adds a bunch of new servants and lore to the nasuverse. The players are the masters and you can collect servants which then undergo turn based battle. (not exactly pokemon, but the turn system is kinda like that.)

Several Short LN sides have been released such as Fate/Labyrinth (side for Fate/Apocrypha),  or Lord El-Melloi II Case Files, (Side to Fate/Zero)

Edit -  To answer your question, both Fate/Prototype and Fate/Apocrypha are LN's which deal with the third holy grail war, though different events mean that the very nature of the war is different.

Edited by Akshay