Zero no kiseki

Stormwolf

Anyone have any idea if the current translation of that game (the old leaked one) is correct in its translation? Not talking about typos and other silly stuff, but more if the translation brings out the meaning and essence of whats actually being said? In one place i heard the translation was hand written but unpolished, in another place people swore it was trashy machineish translation where sentences made sense, but was still wrong. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

And yes, i've been following Geofronts translation, but with burnouts and progressively slowing progress i won't bother waiting if the old translation is correct, but have a few errors.

Didn't play it, as I played the Crossbell games in Japanese, but from what I heard it's "good enough to understand what happens", with it ranging from "kinda good" for the main story to "bad" for the side quests and random NPC talk.

The Ao translation leaked a few days ago is a little better apparently.

So you can either play them both now, or wait for Geofront as there is still time until CS3 in English.

46 minutes ago, Riku said:

from what I heard it's "good enough to understand what happens", with it ranging from "kinda good" for the main story to "bad" for the side quests and random NPC talk.

kinda good is still killing the overall reading experience. played both games shortly after release and remember especially enjoying all those little talks etc., basically saying since there´s quite a good amount of dialogue, that further contributes to worldbuilding, a proper done translation is what u should be hoping for. pretty much the worst thing u would want reading is a steril/robotic/dull/lifeless sounding piece of mess

Edited by SaintOfVoid