Hi!

Cali

Hi everyone! Im 24 and I found this site as i was seaching for what the heck visual novels was :)

Im fairly new to this Anime and vn's so treat me like a clean slate in that regard.

I have a fair deal of questions that i couldn't find through google that i hope someone here kindly can answer. ill save the stranger and longer ones for another topic :unsure:

( Forgive my typo's/spelling its not perfect i know sorry)

The only Vn's i have read are Katawa shoujo and Kana imouto. ( Actully a few more but didnt know they were vn's)

I liked Katawa shoujo ALOT and i was hoping there was anything remotely like it out there?

Im not that fussed about the type of genre per say but anything with a female protagonist is a littel over my head hehe.

Im already downloading Ever17, symphonic rain and a few others as i have been looking around the forums a littel :)

OH and i was wondering if you guys got any recommendation for some sort of down to earth comedy anime series with great characters if thats around? Ive only ever watched Naruto and bleached so im a littel lost...

Sorry for the wall of text ill shutup now! :D  cya around

If you enjoyed Katawa Shoujo, I'd recommend going for Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.  I think you'd enjoy it.  Many of the other "classics" are also good suggestions, too.

Katawa Shoujo was my first VN and I loved it.  Many VNs have similar themes -- was there a part of KS that you especially loved?

Thx Tay i might start on that tonight if i get time:D

A part of KS i loved was the characters was so rich and amazing! completely different protagonist development as to what choice you made.  i played all of em from start to finish( think i liked Rin the most? i donno..). 
No matter what it kinda made feel sad cos their story was over tho :(  (gonna start a topic about this at a later point when i can formulate the question better)

Haha actually its a hard question when i think about it ^_^

OH i also digged this little bastard up

1EAa5V7.jpg

Hey there, welcome to the Fuwanovel forums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Maybe give Grisaia no Kajitsu a try, people kind of compare it to Katawa Shoujo.

Oh that looks cool! im amazed at how BIG some of these novels are 7 gigs or more for some of them! Do they put in voices and stuff?

HA nice sig Nohman i played Catherine aswell :P  (all tho i sucked so hard at it *cough)

Bwah ha ha... so many suggestions... so little time...

AWwwww maaaan this is insane! atleast im not gonna run dry any time soon :)

And a big thank you to whoever got the forum up and running again last thursday or friday! (was patiently waiting hehe)

You would probably like nearly anything Key has touched in general, AKA Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Rewrite and One: To The Radiant Season (And if you read Japanese, AIR... did they ever translate AIR? I swear I can never figure out what's going on with it...) if you're looking for a comedy that's not too zeny and has a strong plot.

Otherwise welcome aboard! :3

OH and i was wondering if you guys got any recommendation for some sort of down to earth comedy anime series with great characters if thats around? Ive only ever watched Naruto and bleached so im a littel lost...

Welcome to the forums!

Down to earth comedy huh, I can usually bring up some good comedies. The most normal ones I can think of are Acchi Kocchi, GJ-bu, K-on!, and maybe Yuru Yuri. But above those, I would recommend Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. It is a little more weird than the other ones I listed, but it's nothing over the top and I personally loved it.

Oh thx Kitouski!  sadly no i dont read japanese :(  altho im guessing alot of these guys on the forum can read and speak it fluently, eh Tay? ^_^

There are a TON of Japanese speakers/writers on the forums (some more active than others).  I'm still trying to learn :S.  I'm currently finishing up the Kanji stage of a program I developed (see this post).  It's tricky balancing Japanese with school, medical school applications, and life -- but boy oh boy, it'll be worth it...

It'll be worth it...

There are a TON of Japanese speakers/writers on the forums (some more active than others).  I'm still trying to learn :S.  I'm currently finishing up the Kanji stage of a program I developed (see this post).  It's tricky balancing Japanese with school, medical school applications, and life -- but boy oh boy, it'll be worth it...

It'll be worth it...

Yea i saw that post earlier, sounded cool! Don't think i would have enough energy to do all those things at once. Wish you good luck and hope you make it  :)

4th or 5th catch-up greet..

Welcome to this place.. I guess...

Thank you Sparkker!