Best translation for CROSS CHANNEL?

4 minutes ago, the tales of Sora said:

is there a translation that is readable? 

Take complaints from here with a grain of salt. I certainly would. Many make a big fuzz over simple typos and silly stuff that's really not a bit problem for you when you read, just that it could have been written a lot better. Although selling such a product is a bad thing, but they're still perfectly understandable most of the time.

Amaterasu's one: readable but way too literal, a lot of jokes were completely ruined and it's full of translator notes that "helps" you understand what the hell they were trying to say.

GH one: readable but he decided to make every single sentence twice as long for absolutely no reason, he probably rewrote half the script to sound more "profound" in English 

Moenovel's one: unreadable, nothing makes sense, looks almost like a machine translation

Ixrec/Amaterasu TL: weird "Japanese-y" sentences, reportedly butchers the prose and themes of the original VN, literal to the point of being borderline nonsensical at times

GHS TL: so verbose even Polonius would tell him to shut the fuck up, 2deep4me, heavily modified to support GHS' weird view of the world

Moenovel TL: literal shit.  I wouldn't read this if it were the literary version of water and my eyes were on fire.

If I had to pick one, I'd pick ixrec's TL every single time.

• 4 years later...
On 5/12/2023 at 4:11 PM, すわわ said:

I wonder if the fan TLs are applicable to the steam release, anyone? I have no access to buy the original japanese version :(

As for the Steam version, the engine is different from the original version with the translation patch is only working for original version, so the translation patch here is not applicable for Steam version. As for how to get the original version of Cross Channel, let's just say that there's a certain way to do so, although if you want to purchase it then probably you can go get the used one from Mandrake.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

Amaterasu TL is the only true translation of CC for me.

GHS TL literally sounds like the ramblings of a madman, and I have no doubt that he is really really insane.
No sane person would write a ebook, explaining the hidden meaning of CC which is over 600 pages long.

P.S. : If anyone wants to see  the book "On Cross Channel" , here : https://archive.org/details/on-cross-channel/mode/2up