Maitetsu 18+ Release Restoration Patch

13 hours ago, Hiashi said:

There’s nothing to criticize. You have my sincerest of blessings for doing this, which SP really should have done for their release anyway.

I look forward to using your completed patch.

What the hell is the point of censoring tjat heavily? This is just way too much

19 hours ago, HoplessHiro said:

I'm working on a uncensoring patch for the game. For now just one scene. 

The scene in question is 

(* the actual ingame picture is uncensored *)

Please leave comments/critics/ how do you like it or don't.

Download: https://ufile.io/ntngt

My man :pogchamp: based delivery is based

On 7/18/2018 at 12:23 PM, Hiashi said:

There’s nothing to criticize. You have my sincerest of blessings for doing this, which SP really should have done for their release anyway.

I look forward to using your completed patch.

19 hours ago, Rulez5150 said:

Great work! Keep us updated!

10 hours ago, Heliosaurus said:

My man :pogchamp: based delivery is based

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the patch with the completed first h1 scene without mosaics - https://ufile.io/t7xl4

On 18/07/2018 at 3:22 PM, HoplessHiro said:

(* the actual ingame picture is uncensored *)

Please leave comments/critics/ how do you like it or don't.

I salute anyone who helps uncensor things. Does this mean all the in-game CGs are uncensored and mosaics are added by the engine, but SP never bothered to use them, or didn't even know they were there? How many things did they fuck up again?

39 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I salute anyone who helps uncensor things. Does this mean all the in-game CGs are uncensored and mosaics are added by the engine, but SP never bothered to use them, or didn't even know they were there? How many things did they fuck up again?

Sry for the misunderstanding. What i meant is that in the game the picture is uncensored and not like the screenshot with heavy mosaics which i made as a joke.

Actually i have redrawn the parts which had mosaics. So the answer is no. Everything is censored. So it has to be redrawn... but... because it uses the emote engine in the resource files there is sometimes less mosaics than in the actual game. Because they added 2 layers of mosaics ( which is stupid itself, one layer is enough )

10 minutes ago, HoplessHiro said:

Sry for the misunderstanding. What i meant is that in the game the picture is uncensored and not like the screenshot with heavy mosaics which i made as a joke.

Actually i have redrawn the parts which had mosaics. So the answer is no. Everything is censored. So it has to be redrawn... but... because it uses the emote engine in the resource files there is sometimes less mosaics than in the actual game. Because they added 2 layers of mosaics ( which is stupid itself, one layer is enough )

Ah sorry my mistake, so you're drawing it yourself as Blake did/does for my projects. That's very time consuming and I laud you. Well even just removing a layer of mosaics is worthwhile - do you think that sort of patch would be worthwhile on its own?

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

Ah sorry my mistake, so you're drawing it yourself as Blake did/does for my projects. That's very time consuming and I laud you. Well even just removing a layer of mosaics is worthwhile - do you think that sort of patch would be worthwhile on its own?

I would guess the second layer of mosaics is there to keep the first layer from looking very bad due to how e-mote works. But just a guess.

6 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Time consuming it is, but not actually how someone would think... i mean.. it is for me, because i'm not a great artist, and don't have the  necessary tools ( like a drawing tablet and so on), but i try to use as much reference materials as possible.

Don't know how much you know about emote engine (didn't know myself till a couple of days), but the emote uses a big resolution PNG file, which is divided into parts ( example, body parts, like head, legs, body, hair, eyes...), similar to textures, and every scene has  only 1 PNG file.

So when you open a PNG file, the second layer of mosaics you have to cut it out from the image and thats done. But the first layer has to be redrawn, but it helps because it has less mosaics than the second layer. In other words, the second layer is only mosaics, and the first layer is half mosaic half body part.

Because of that it is easier to uncensor an emote animation file, than a normal still CG image

Just for now i'm trying to make for one 1 girl the whole story + dlc mosaicsless.

And if the feedback is great, i could try another girl :)

3 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

I would guess the second layer of mosaics is there to keep the first layer from looking very bad due to how e-mote works. But just a guess.

Sometimes the positions are off, but the next scene (which i'm working on as we speak* (write) ) looks great :)

Honestly a bit surprised that I remembered my display name for this site since it has been so long since I actually logged in. :P

Just thought I would say keep up the good work. Don't know that much about this kinda stuff so I respect anyone who makes an attempt. :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, FerusTachi said:

Don't know that much about this kinda stuff so I respect anyone who makes an attempt.

I on the other hand do know quite a bit about what the work here involves and I have to say knowing what you guys are doing doesn't make it any less impressive. In fact knowing about the issues you face might make it even more impressive and I'm grateful that you will take the time and effort to do it.

5 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Just to have sure, it's normal i need jump to the h-scene manually? Here the h-scene has unclocked but automatically skiped

While playing the usual story sometimes a message popups at the bottom right corner when the hscene is unlocked, but the normal story continues without showing the hscene. So you have to manually jump to see it... It is normal for Lose games, same was for Monobeno.

1 hour ago, Eurekachan26 said:

Thanks for all the great work.  

I dont know much about the technical stuffs what was done, but I was told follow here to know if there gonna come more stuffs.  Also I didnt know about Monobeno.  I wish Monobeno was also in english.  Hehe

Thanks again for all

And here it is:

Now the second Hscene is without mosaics, try it out:

https://ufile.io/1glx6

Just put the patch2.xp3 in the Maitetsu folder

Just a hunch, but I don't think SP paid much attention to the spoken parts of the H-scenes when they translated them. This is evidenced by the times the heroine is speaking with her mouth full, but the voice still comes across as intelligible, albeit muffled, Japanese while the text window is filled with "fuhehigefu's"  :wahaha:

56 minutes ago, HoplessHiro said:

And here it is:

Now the second Hscene is without mosaics, try it out:

https://ufile.io/1glx6

Just put the patch2.xp3 in the Maitetsu folder

You have my gratitude.

1 hour ago, Hiashi said:

Just a hunch, but I don't think SP paid much attention to the spoken parts of the H-scenes when they translated them. This is evidenced by the times the heroine is speaking with her mouth full, but the voice still comes across as intelligible, albeit muffled, Japanese while the text window is filled with "fuhehigefu's"  :wahaha:

That's a style choice in my opinion. When I translate H scenes I feel stupid trying to recreate the sound of talking with a dick in your mouth. Nonetheless, if you do it one way and are inconsistent, then yes, that is a failure.