Maitetsu 18+ Release Restoration Patch

31 minutes ago, Heliosaurus said:

Reposted from 4chan. The guy that did that screenshot said he has no intention of posting on this forum so I don't really know. If he knows what the hell he's doing, fan-fucking-tastic because i'm struggling.

It's stupid to have two patches in the work. However I can only see one because I never figured out how to navigate 4chan. It looks to me like a bunch of anon posts semi random stuff and you have to look through everything, making it hard to follow the work of one person/group. I don't get how that can be an environment where a usable patch can appear from.

I heard that all ages version doesn't have nude sprites gallery while 18+ version should. Does this patch restore nude sprites gallery from 18+ version? I think this should be unlocking after you complete the game but considering "unlock all hentai scenes" option in 18+ version - I am not sure about it.

That's a very odd glitch.  No, the translation is missing.  It looks like all the missing lines have \n embedded within them in Japanese.  That's almost certainly a coded reference (in the ripping tool) to a newline character.  From a quick look at the line, it appears that the chopped-off part that's present roughly corresponds to the stuff before the first newline in the line.  What's weird about this glitch is that there seem to be other newlines in this script that are handled just fine.  Somehow these particular lines got chopped off in English at the newline.

1 minute ago, Nandemonai said:

That's a very odd glitch.  No, the translation is missing.  It looks like all the missing lines have \n embedded within them in Japanese.  That's almost certainly a coded reference (in the ripping tool) to a newline character.  From a quick look at the line, it appears that the chopped-off part that's present roughly corresponds to the stuff before the first newline in the line.  What's weird about this glitch is that there seem to be other newlines in this script that are handled just fine.  Somehow these particular lines got chopped off in English at the newline.

Yup it's for new line. Chances are whatever build tools Sekai used from Lose doesn't play nice with certain syntax. If you decompile the TJS scripts and compare it to JP, they are vastly different halfway though. Those added English lines can really mess it up in some places lol

I don't find it odd that a string (line) can be split by accident by a newline. Such issues are quite common and I lost count of how many times I encountered something like that personally. The inconsistency could be due to working with LF, but not CRLF newlines or something else of that nature. However the part I don't get is that it's fairly easy to detect, meaning how did they end up releasing a VN where such an issue goes undetected? It's not like the graphics issue where a proofreader might not know there are two versions. It should be fairly obvious when half a line is missing.

Another really important question: does it mean all broken lines have to be retranslated to recreate the missing part? That could take a while. I wonder if it's possible that the cutoff part is in the script file, but not readable by the game or extractor, hence skipped, like the broken newline is read as end of line and then the rest of the string is ignored. The next string then starts later, meaning the script would contain inaccessible bytes. Some VN script formats would allow this scenario.

4 hours ago, gman12 said:

I could try to re-translate the lines that get cut off if no one else does, but I rather not considering I've never translated before. Rather someone with more experience do it

Are there alot of untranslated stuff? If not it should be alright if you translate them, even if the end result is not perfect.

Make a list of broken lines, like a new spreadsheet where the lines in question are copy pasted. Don't do anything to them for the time being and just move on. Make sure the context is preserved, like link to the full file or something like that.

Carry on like that until all the broken lines are collected in one location. This will make it easier and faster for a translator to translate those lines. I will consider this a bare minimum if there should ever be a chance that an experience translator takes up this task. They need to not waste time searching for what to translate and they want the full list to get an idea of time required for completing an entire script before starting. Remember experienced translators are rarely available, meaning you will have to convince somebody to take a break from another translation project. It might be possible if it can be done in a day or two, but not if it requires a few months and certainly not if time for completion is unpredictable as in no overview of what to do to complete the task.

Even if you do everything right, nobody can promise you that you will be sure to get an experienced translator. It's about avoiding a setup where you are almost certain not to get one. It will however require doing all the work without knowing if a translator will appear. It won't prevent you from having a plan B where an inexperienced translator translates the lines as soon as a new one is added to the list, though it would require somebody to spend quite a while translating something, which ideally will be discarded. There is no perfect solution.

as far as i know for lines, as of now the lines that I'm talking about are from reinah4 scene which, I think the same anon that made the compare spreadsheet, made the list of all lines in that scene with ones that get cut off highlighted in red. As far are my knowledge of Japanese goes I get the general idea of whats being said in those sentence that get cut off prematurely, But it doubt I could make a natural sounding sentence despite English being my first language.

So, I finally unlocked my first H-scene, and Hibiki doesn't take her clothes off, even after the text says she does. She's in shirt and panties while Soutetsu licks and spreads her pussy. It looks weird as hell. Surely this is a bug?

I'm using the patch version one before the current one (1.2?) on the fakku release.

Ugh, ignore my post, the CG changed after she took her panties off.

Edited by fuwafuwataimu

4 hours ago, fuwafuwataimu said:

So, I finally unlocked my first H-scene, and Hibiki doesn't take her clothes off, even after the text says she does. She's in shirt and panties while Soutetsu licks and spreads her pussy. It looks weird as hell. Surely this is a bug?

I'm using the patch version one before the current one (1.2?) on the fakku release.

Ugh, ignore my post, the CG changed after she took her panties off.

Please use spoiler quotes for stating things like these

46 minutes ago, Rulez5150 said:

So when do you guys think the H scenes will be in included into the story for the 18+ version and the whole censorship will be fixed.  

The hentai scenes are included in the full game and dlc(for Steam) available on Fakku. This patch is to correct other issues(CG, emote, a few others) in the released +18 version.

To make a long story short; Sekai didn't check and simply tacked the +18 scenes on the all-ages version whereas the proper +18 version also has different game CG along with a few other differences.

4 hours ago, fuwafuwataimu said:

Well it's hardly a spoiler that Hibiki has an h-scene...

What you wrote is a little more detailed than that. Besides what isn't a spoiler to one person could easily be considered a spoiler by another person. It's better to be safe than sorry because once somebody feels spoiled, you can't really undo it even if you edit.

8 hours ago, SeraphUltimateX said:

Can someone kindly help me out: Do the problems with the 18+ assets exist only in the Restored Steam version or do they also exist in the fully 18+ game (the one purchased from FAKKU site)?

The issues exist in the full 18+ version available on Fakku, they also exist in the Steam version when the +18 dlc from Fakku is applied. These two patches address those issues. One patch is for the full game from Fakku, the other one is for the Steam version once you have first applied the +18 dlc.