Maitetsu 18+ Release Restoration Patch

Forgive me for my ignorance on what's going on but is it all right for me to ask for a proper explanation about what's going on here?

From what I've read so far, it seems that SP is planning to release the 18+ version of this game by adding in the missing content for it. However, the rest of the content in the all-ages version will not get updated. That's how I understand it but I feel like there's more to it than that.

If it's all right with you, could you add/update this in your original post too? It'll save me the hassle of looking it up on the situation :P

Edited by jetpack003

First of all, thank you for sharing this patch with us!

I just have a quick question here. I just "installed" the patch by dragging the patch.xp3 file into the game's root directory and it seems to have worked based on what I've seen on the Scene Viewer, however, while playing the game for the first time I noticed Hachiroku's model doesn't actually appear when you first wind up the key and she slaps you in the face (the scene only shows the background and Hibiki's dialog box). Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Currently running the Steam release of the game + Fakku 18+ patch.

6 minutes ago, xdamm said:

First of all, thank you for sharing this patch with us!

I just have a quick question here. I just "installed" the patch by dragging the patch.xp3 file into the game's root directory and it seems to have worked based on what I've seen on the Scene Viewer, however, while playing the game for the first time I noticed Hachiroku's model doesn't actually appear when you first wind up the key and she slaps you in the face (the scene only shows the background and Hibiki's dialog box). Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Currently running the Steam release of the game + Fakku 18+ patch.

Hmm.. Just opened that part and it played just fine. I think it's an issue with the DLC vs the Fakku release. I can't do anything about that at the moment because I don't have the DLC to test. Also, just figured out how to do all the .psb file stuff(hopefully?) so that should be in the next update. Keep in mind, it will be at or above 250mb. After that is voice repair.

If you run into any issues from the vanilla game that were not mentioned previously, please comment.

2 hours ago, Being said:

lol this guy saying there's no dirty talk in maitetsu

you're missing too many braincells to discuss a fucking loli eroge, this is what rock bottom looks like

Uhh, we're specifically talking about the elementary-aged girls in the game. What you're trying to say is that girls this age should be talking 'erotically.' Do you see what's wrong with that? 

Also, in case you're wondering, ochinchin is  the Japanese equivalent of saying wee-wee or pee-pee. This is the kind of thing that small children will say. 

Here's your proof: https://www.weblio.jp/content/おチンチン

Notice how it says 幼児語 which means 'baby-talk'

Edited by Chuee

First: HELIOSAURUS, you're the hero we need but don't deserve. YOU ARE OUR GUY. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Second: Guys, please. The heroines are all aged 18 or above. The reason they look the way they do is because they didn't ate their veggies or drank their milk. Same logic applies for the way they talk, so Chuee is right.

36 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Uhh, we're specifically talking about the elementary-aged girls in the game. What you're trying to say is that girls this age should be talking 'erotically.' Do you see what's wrong with that? 

Also, in case you're wondering, ochinchin is  the Japanese equivalent of saying wee-wee or pee-pee. This is the kind of thing that small children will say. 

Here's your proof: https://www.weblio.jp/content/おチンチン

Notice how it says 幼児語 which means 'baby-talk'

Ochinchin is used all the time in stupid moeges and I never saw it translated to pee-pee before. Bugger off. Girls in Maitetsu talk dirty in their H-scenes. read them and U will see. Your whole argument falls apart because they mix in "pee-pee" and "pussy" in the same scene. The translation for the Hscenes is fucking trash. You're being disingenuous to the point that I'm wondering if you're pulling my leg to be honest.

1 minute ago, Being said:

Ochinchin is used all the time in stupid moeges and I never saw it translated to pee-pee before. Bugger off. Girls in Maitetsu talk dirty in their H-scenes. read them and U will see. Your whole argument falls apart because they mix in "pee-pee" and "pussy" in the same scene. The translation for the Hscenes is fucking trash. You're being disingenuous to the point that I'm wondering if you're pulling my leg to be honest.

I don't know what the issue is lmaooo if "ochinchin" isnt so bad, that's exactly why it gets censored in every anime for being a baby word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

44 minutes ago, twisted said:

I'd rather this stay strictly as a restoration patch. Editing parts of the script people don't agree with could get messy quickly and it's beyond the scope of what's meant to be just a temporary fix.

Why wouldn't people agree with this? It's just correcting a mistranslation, Hachiroku even explains at the beginning of the vn what railroid mean and why any lord associations are absolutely wrong (sekai staff didn't read that part I guess!) Temporary fix? Nah. I'm almost certain that they ain't fixing shit, an even if they end doing it in a remote future, I assure you that this patch will be superior to theirs.

3 hours ago, Redasu said:

Why wouldn't people agree with this? It's just correcting a mistranslation, Hachiroku even explains at the beginning of the vn what railroid mean and why any lord associations are absolutely wrong (sekai staff didn't read that part I guess!) Temporary fix? Nah. I'm almost certain that they ain't fixing shit, an even if they end doing it in a remote future, I assure you that this patch will be superior to theirs.

"Raillord" is not a mistranslation, but rather an intentional change for the English localization. Their English translation of the conversation you referred to makes that pretty obvious. Besides that, レイルロオド translates to "railroad" rather than "railroid". Even if it is technically more accurate I can't imagine many of us would want for the term railroad to be made ambiguous in a VN about railroads.

Edited by M.I.X

52 minutes ago, M.I.X said:

"Raillord" is not a mistranslation, but rather an intentional change for the English localization. Their English translation of the conversation you referred to makes that pretty obvious. Besides that, レイルロオド translates to "railroad" rather than "railroid". Even if it is technically more accurate I can't imagine many of us would want for the term railroad to be made ambiguous in a VN about railroads.

So they translated that part correctly, It's more fitting for us to be called 'Railroads'. I do agree with you tho, "railroad" simply doesn't work. They still could call it something neutral like "railroid" just fine.

1 hour ago, Heliosaurus said:

Just a reminder that there's a discussion thread. 

Maybe it would be more appropriate to start a translation issue thread. There is a technical restoration patch in work, we might as well get a translation improving patch as well, which too is different from a general discussion. Translation and technical fixes are so different that it usually requires different people and unless the very same files needs to be modified, it might as well be two compatible patches.

I know that there is no translation fixing guy/group, but people talked about the technical issues before anybody (publicly) started to work on a patch. We might as well gather the information people point out about the translation in one place, just in case somebody decides to pick it up in the future. That and it keeps the other threads more clean.

I will however not directly propose splitting existing posts in this thread. The decision about such a request should be up to the thread starter.

1 hour ago, tymmur said:

Maybe it would be more appropriate to start a translation issue thread. There is a technical restoration patch in work, we might as well get a translation improving patch as well, which too is different from a general discussion. Translation and technical fixes are so different that it usually requires different people and unless the very same files needs to be modified, it might as well be two compatible patches.

I know that there is no translation fixing guy/group, but people talked about the technical issues before anybody (publicly) started to work on a patch. We might as well gather the information people point out about the translation in one place, just in case somebody decides to pick it up in the future. That and it keeps the other threads more clean.

I will however not directly propose splitting existing posts in this thread. The decision about such a request should be up to the thread starter.

I haven't even scratched the surface of viewing the scenario files for the translation yet. That, and the fact that KrkrExtract just throws an "Failed to start!" error as soon as I drag Maitetsu.exe onto it. Just started to not work after a reboot. May try backing up my folder for the game and refresh windows. Tfw was about to test the final cg/emote fix :angry: