Momoiro Closet

so yeah, looked around the forums and saw that there was no official thread for this vn despite it being out for a while. wanted to talk a little about it so i made this. \ :mare: /

for a while now its been hard for me to read vns lately. im bad when it comes to reading vns as i stall them heavily but its been a lot worse lately. i think i know the cause and just gonna have to deal with that. momoiro closet is the first vn ive read in a while where i feel like i really want to continue reading.

for those who may not know, momoiro closet is about a young girl who is secretly an otaku. with a father whos in politics and is against the otaku culture and most of her schoolmates looking down on the hobby, she does her secret fangirling for a manga/anime series Frill & Lace. that is until our mc, reiji, learns of alice's secret. he asks that she hang out with his lonely sister who loves to cosplay as a character from the show. she agrees and alice grows closer to reijis family and of course reiji. also shes a massive nymphomaniac.

im nearly finished with the vn and ive really been enjoying it mostly for the dynamic between reiji and alice. i like their interactions with each other. they just go well together and just naturally start to develop feelings for each other. ive kept reading because i just wanted to see what new way their relationship would grow and havent been disappointed. 

for those who are curious, there is only one character you can romance with two routes. neither at this point seem to be bad routes. finished one route so far and am on the second. not sure if theres more but will keep you posted.

:thumbsup:

I agree with you regarding the dynamic between Reiji and Alice, it's really cute. I love that there's only one romanceable character, which I think had been a common complaint with the Kickstarter ("urgh, only one girl?"). It's refreshing to have one girl to focus on.

It's nice to hear you're finding Momoiro Closet readable despite other VNs being hard to read recently. I found it very readable myself, especially when low on concentration. It's lovely and fluffy and funny to read. The focus on Frill & Lace as Alice's obsession is cool; I have a thing for fictional fiction.

There are two routes.

Chuuni imouto is secret best girl.

I read this one, and it was all right. Definitely a different breed of nukige than what I can recall seeing before, but nothing wrong with different. The "naughty" route didn't do much for me, but the "nice" route was, in fact, very nice. The characters are lovable across the board, and it ends up being a surprisingly feel-good VN? I love the translation, too; they nailed the humor.

Also, as much as Reiji's little sister is a sweetheart, I'm sorry, but you have to be blind not to see that Sakahogi is best girl.