JAST BLUE New Announcements

Thatcomicguy

Well, after they picked Sweet Pool, we could see that coming eventually. They could at least try to work with DMMD and TnC console/smartphone versions of the story so we actually see something new in the west, providing that the patch for those games are around for a while.

Eh, but DMMD is popular enough for it to sell a lot either way.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

Personally I though that those announcements were redundant to me, although I understand though wht JAST announced those three. The reason is because yaoi genre itself is quite rare and the VNDB rating for that category was momopolized by those three, so JAST didn't have many choice here (It's still redundant anyway). Another intepretation here would be that since JAST Blue here is basically a new company, they probably still didn't have much employee so the solution here would be hypotetically buy the translation from the fan translators themselves.

In the end, I'm more or less just pass on this since yaoi here is definitely not my cup of tea. I hope that JAST Blue here will managed to expand their yaoi library, although it's not like that I'll going to read the yaoi VNs anyway (To each of their own though if we talk about taste in reading yaoi VNs).

Edited by littleshogun

I see that it might be the possible case there, although it's not like it would be any difference anyway other than JAST translation might be read better compared to the fan translation version (The content should be the same one, so it shouldn't be the big deal for majority of the people). In any case, I guess it's good if JAST want to rework on the translation from the scratch I suppose, although yaoi fan might need to wait longer though with JAST policy there.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:12 PM, Decay said:

JAST didn't buy the fan translation for sweet pool, and I'm pretty sure they're not buying the fan translations for these, either.

JAST doesn't put random people on Nitro titles which is why they take so long to be translated.