VN's with heroines that have sad routes?

_Loud_Lord_

I played Katawa Shoujo and Fruit of Grisaia and I absolutely love the fact that through out the game we learn about the problems the girls have, they're sad pasts and we help them recover and move on. So any can anyone recommend me some VN's like this since I'm pretty new to the whole VN thing.

Seriously, pickup and buy Clannad this second (and a box of tissues while you're at it). Has quite a lot of themes that will smack you in the heart.

Other suggestions....

Eden . The setting for the VN speaks for itself...

ef - a fairy tale of the two . Various relationships, which are all somehow interconnected. Packs serious emotional feels later on too...

Kono Oozora . Quite a lot more light hearted then the other picks. But you're still helping girls move forward in their lives. Has some breathtaking flight scenes.

Symphonic Rain . Interesting setting, and some plot twists.

As for the recommendations, I would like to seconded both of ef and Symphonic Rain here. For other recommendation, maybe you can try Air since the ending of that is quite sad for some people. Other than Air, I can recommend something like either Shinikiss or Dal Segno here. I hope my recommendations will be helpful to you there.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:57 PM, _Loud_Lord_ said:

I played Katawa Shoujo and Fruit of Grisaia and I absolutely love the fact that through out the game we learn about the problems the girls have, they're sad pasts and we help them recover and move on. So any can anyone recommend me some VN's like this since I'm pretty new to the whole VN thing.

Translated

Eden*

Tokyo Babel

Hapymaher

Untranslated

Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana

Houkago no Futekikakusha

Inochi no Spare

Konata yori Kanata Made

Nanairo Reincarnation

Akeiro Kaikitan

Aoi Tori

Amatsutsumi

Natsu no Owari no Nirvana

Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake  (supposedly going to be localized, but it has been half a decade since the announcement)

Moshimo Ashita ga Hare Naraba

Satsukoi

Tsukiakari Lunch

Yurikago yori Tenshi Made

Hotel.

Midori no Umi

Rakuen no Shugosha

Soranica Ele

Strawberry Feels

Dekinai Watashi ga, Kurikaesu

Tsuisou no Augment

Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai