Buying games in Japan [VPN]

Okarin

Hi and thanks for the attention.

The thing is, I want to purchase a legal copy of Chaos;Head. I've got the TL patch in my hands, so I only need a fresh copy. Of course, a physical copy from Japan is out of the question.

I've seen that the game is for sale at DMM, but it denies me the possibility to buy it. I guess I need to use a VPN to pretend I'm in Japan.

Does anyone know a good VPN service that can be used for that? I've never used a VPN before.

This is also useful for all people who start to purchase their games in Japan stores.

Thanks!

I use VPN Gate. I'm not sure how good it is compared to the other services, but it's free and kind of works.

Though I'd like to hear myself about how secure these things are. I heard some comments that if you're going to send private or financial information though it, then it's better to use a reliable commercial server, though I'm not sure how true these comments are. Technically, most connections are encrypted nowadays, and server owners shouldn't have access to what exactly you're sending.