Maitetsu VN Discussion (Released at June 29th)

littleshogun

Hey, I'm the guy that did the patch. If anyone's willing to lend a hand, and knows a thing or two about kirikiri, potentially the encryption/decryption side of things, feel free to PM, DM, or whatever if you want to help. Don't know where's the best place to ask regarding it, but if someone can give a brief list of what was not included or properly implemented with the 18+ DLC, that'd be a huge help. Haven't even gotten far in the game yetĀ this is the type of shit I get side tracked by lmao

5 minutes ago, Heliosaurus said:

Hey, I'm the guy that did the patch. If anyone's willing to lend a hand, and knows a thing or two about kirikiri, potentially the encryption/decryption side of things, feel free to PM, DM, or whatever if you want to help. Don't know where's the best place to ask regarding it, but if someone can give a brief list of what was not included or properly implemented with the 18+ DLC, that'd be a huge help. Haven't even gotten far in the game yetĀ this is the type of shit I get side tracked by lmao

You deserve an award.

Another necessary fixĀ that comes to mind is the steam censorship during the bath CGs in Hachiroku's route.Ā 

22 hours ago, Decay said:

They already did admit the issue and state that they're seekingĀ a solution, though? I dunno what kind of point you're even trying to make here.

I can't find anything on their website or their twitter account. All statements are from Fakku or an unofficial twitter account. The latter leaves contradicting information on the role of the messenger. Also it leaves open the question if SP or Lose is responsible and who will be responsible for a fix, if any. What I want is an official statement from SP openly declaring that they made a release and they will take responsibility for ensuring that it's working as intended. There is some excuse that SP is not allowed to change anything other than the text, but that really sounds like an excuse for possibly not do anything because it is obviously modified. Lose never released that scene+graphics combo in Japan. SP's statements (or lack hereof) are as horrible as the issue itself and a PR disaster in itself.

Ā 

7 hours ago, Heliosaurus said:

Just as I expected. In the end a fan made patch would show up, though I didn't expect it to be this fast. Great work.

Considering the game went to "stalled waiting on third party" on Sekai's official Trello board multiple times in response to developments in QA, it seems quite reasonable to suppose the statements on Dovac's twitter about not being able to touch the game themselves are accurate.Ā  I don't understand why this isn't believable; so what that Lose never released the specific mix of assets we saw in Japan?Ā  The claim is that they insist on doing all the technical work themselves.Ā  I've heard this about other localization projects in the past and Lose developing the US version in-house is very believable to me.

2 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Considering the game went to "stalled waiting on third party" on Sekai's official Trello board multiple times in response to developments in QA, it seems quite reasonable to suppose the statements on Dovac's twitter about not being able to touch the game themselves are accurate.Ā  I don't understand why this isn't believable;

Right now it's listed as on track as an overdue upcoming release. I didn't say it's not believable that Lose wants full control. What makes it questionable is the fact that we only know it from an unverified twitter account not directly linked to SP and there seems to be conflicting information about the role of the messenger. The fact that the messenger tries to distant himself from any company responsibility despite evidence to tell otherwise makes the statement about Lose (not SP) being responsible questionable.

SP sells the translated VN and it has issues. This makes them responsible. They could fulfill this by making the official announcement that they are aware of the issue and asked Lose to fix it because the contract makes Lose responsible for bugfixing. Alternative "we are aware of the issue and are working with Lose to fix it". They really should provide some official statement about the issue, particularly considering their history of not fixing issues.

4 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Considering the game went to "stalled waiting on third party" on Sekai's official Trello board multiple times in response to developments in QA, it seems quite reasonable to suppose the statements on Dovac's twitter about not being able to touch the game themselves are accurate.Ā  I don't understand why this isn't believable; so what that Lose never released the specific mix of assets we saw in Japan?Ā  The claim is that they insist on doing all the technical work themselves.Ā  I've heard this about other localization projects in the past and Lose developing the US version in-house is very believable to me.

Isn't the "US version" just the Pure Station version on PC?

9 minutes ago, Heliosaurus said:

From the looks of it, yes, just with some extra PSVR(lmao) stuff. Not gonna lie at the beginning when it said something about tender cars i read it as tendie. Good thing that dictionary thing is a thing.

Thanks for the confirmation, so it's becoming a little clearer why they botched the 18+ version then, basically it looks like they just lazily inserted the 18+ content from the original PC version on top of the PS4 version (called "Maitetsu -pure station-", that's coming out in 20 days in Japan) which most surely got new scenes/content and new voices to replace the 18+ content/scenes and it ended up turning into the messy release that we got.

Edited by Nier

3 minutes ago, Nier said:

Thanks for the confirmation, so it's becoming a little clearer why they botched 18+ version then, basically it looks like they just lazily inserted the 18+ content from the original PC on top of the PS4 version (called "Maitetsu -pure station-", that's coming out in 20 days in Japan) and it ended up turning into the messy release that we got.

Not gonna lie I'd pay for a Steam VR version of whatever PSVR content they added. Put my Vive to useĀ ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

10 minutes ago, Heliosaurus said:

Not gonna lie at the beginning when it said something about tender cars i read it as tendie.

Oops, wrong kind of tender. The kind we need here is big, long, hard and full of liquid intended to be sprayed into the chamber where all the hot steamy action takes place. Also it apparently comes in different colors depending on age and place of origin. Furthermore it looks like the biggest sizes only come in black.

37fa9554ddd06e92f9b2c364ef27bae6.jpg

1 minute ago, tymmur said:

Oops, wrong kind of tender. The kind we need here is big, long, hard and full of liquid intended to be sprayed into the chamber where all the hot steamy action takes place. Also it apparently comes in different colors depending on age and place of origin. Furthermore it looks like the biggest sizes only come in black.

37fa9554ddd06e92f9b2c364ef27bae6.jpg

My manĀ ( Ķ”~ ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

39 minutes ago, adamstan said:

So, is it safe to assume that Steam version is just PC port of that "Pure Station" console release, and should be not as messed up?

Probably? Problem is confirmation, as NOBODY in the VN fan circle community seem to have purchased the Steam version, everybody seem to have went straight for the 18+ version on Fakku.

1 minute ago, adamstan said:

I did ;) But haven't played it yet - it waits in queue, as currently I'm busy with Clannad.

Can't you play it a little for a few hours at least to see if there's any issue? I might be interested in playing this version until the final 18+ restoration patch comes out.

On a personal note, regarding the H-scenes, I feel that the translation could use some work. There were far too many lines that nearly made me burst out laughing rather than turn me on. Translating "chinchin" as "pee-pee" at first was one, the MC saying he wants to "beat that p*ssy up" is another.

Honestly, I feel likeĀ H-scenes in general are betterĀ if the writer isn't too creative with the translation.

Edited by Hiashi