Maitetsu VN Discussion (Released at June 29th)

littleshogun

Since it's about time for Maitetsu release, I figured that I should open the discussion here. As for the VN itself, personally I like that we have many opening songs for the VNs itself, something that quite rare in the VNs (The other VN that I remember did have many opening song is Da Capo 2 and 3). From what I saw, apparently it would be better to just think this as moege instead of story VN so that you wouldn't be disappointed too much (At least it have some nice train trivia). So feel free to discuss about this VN, and have fun.

PS - I knew that we have many controversy in regard of the sex with the underage girl, so if possible I would prefer that to be not discussing about this here.

Edited by littleshogun

My only complaint is there's no EU07 in the game :rubycry:

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I knew that we have many controversy in regard of the sex with the underage girl, so if possible I would prefer that to be not discussing about this here.

What controversy? Maitetsu is an all-ages title with silly fanservice h-scenes added later on as a downloadable bonus (that's Lose for you). Those aren't canon and you don't need the 18+ version at all.

I'm more concerned by the fact the story present in Maitetsu is... not even nowhere as good as in Monobeno, not to mention Gothderi. It has nice art, tho.

30 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

What controversy? Maitetsu is an all-ages title with silly fanservice h-scenes added later on as a downloadable bonus (that's Lose for you). Those aren't canon and you don't need the 18+ version at all.

That's wrong though. There are h-scenes present in the original game, and some of them are canon too. They happen during the heroine routes (and it is obvious when they happen), only difference is that they were put into a separate menu for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

I wonder what they'll do about all the nude bath scenes that are part of the main story everywhere for the all ages version? Bathing suits?

It's sekai project and steam, so, probably nuke them out of existence. They'll prolly just hope people who buys the all-ages version didn't know the scenes were there at all. 

30 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

It's sekai project and steam, so, probably nuke them out of existence. They'll prolly just hope people who buys the all-ages version didn't know the scenes were there at all. 

That's a hell of a lot of dialogue they'll be deleting then...

38 minutes ago, ittaku said:

That's a hell of a lot of dialogue they'll be deleting then...

No one said it was a good idea.

Idk how they will actually handle them, but seeing how PG Sekai Project is, I seriously doubt they would leave in bath scenes with nude/ partially nude lolis in a steam game. So, my theory is that they just straight up remove them. (Another reason to get the Fakku version, and not the censored steam version.)

6 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Depending on how they handle said scenes, I may very well be quite compelled to go for the Steam version, now that I know the adult one hasn't much to offer me.

Depends on what you consider "much to offer." In terms of H-scenes, it has way more than your standard eroge, so for ero fans it's a must get over the steam version. But, knowing you don't care much for H, I assume that doesn't appeal to you.

Just now, Dergonu said:

Depends on what you consider "much to offer." In terms of H-scenes, it has way more than your standard eroge, so for ero fans it's a must get over the steam version. But, knowing you don't care much for H, I assume that doesn't appeal to you.

No, it does not.

Additionally, I'm fairly sure this game contains content that actively make me uncomfortable, so it's quite nice to know any such content was side-lined to a different menu even if circumstances lead me to opt for the adult version.

7 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

No, it does not.

Additionally, I'm fairly sure this game contains content that actively make me uncomfortable, so it's quite nice to know any such content was side-lined to a different menu even if circumstances lead me to opt for the adult version.

Except for the bath scenes I mentioned which are quite innocuous, although clearly meant to titillate indirectly, but have lots of story dialogue.  It may be worth waiting to see if the all ages version has these removed completely as Derg and I have been discussing and if so, go for the adult version and just don't bother bringing up the hard core scenes separately.

4 hours ago, Narcosis said:

My only complaint is there's no EU07

Yeah, that and give me my SU45 waifu ;) (seriously, for me it's the most beautiful loco ever, don't know why) 

Spoiler

EU07-400.jpg

Spoiler

SU45-079071_CHOJNICE_30.07.1995.jpg

I'm going with all-ages version for this VN - reasons similar to Poltroon's.

Edited by adamstan

On the note of the game's H-scenes, know that the adult character's also have H-scenes, like this character. (Though, these scenes are fewer in number.) Still, if the idea of H with certain characters weirds you out, know that those scenes aren't the only ones in there. Lots of juicy scenes to choose from. (/ω\)

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Literally half of the game happens in bath

That's interesting to know that Maitetsu sex scenes was for the fanservices I guess, although I'm more or less just neutral in regard of that though. Anyway, regardless of what Steam did recently I guess it would be easier to cut the sex content if Lose did the same thing as Chrono Clock here, even with sex scenes that happened in the mid route (Maybe they prepared for PS4 version that happened at last month?).

As for what I say in regard of controversy, it was more in regard of this forum in which if we remember did have some hectic discussion in regard of lolicon. So even with the VN did have underage looking girl having sex here, I just hope that it would be better to not discuss about this here at all, and that's all what I can say about the loli heroine having sex here (I'm sorry about this).

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

Except for the bath scenes I mentioned which are quite innocuous, although clearly meant to titillate indirectly, but have lots of story dialogue.  It may be worth waiting to see if the all ages version has these removed completely as Derg and I have been discussing and if so, go for the adult version and just don't bother bringing up the hard core scenes separately.

Bath scenes are so easy to censor though, I would be surprised if they risked completely butchering the whole game instead of adding a few convenient clouds of steam. I'm not touching the 18+ version for sure, so I guess I'll be curiously looking for info on how they managed the censorship before I decide whether I'm even interested in buying it at all - I was going to wait for it to go on sale anyways, if it's not Flowers I'm never in a hurry. ;p

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

8 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Fucking japan. Why can't it ever be one of the girls on the very left side? Well, since it's a loli ending i won't bother wasting any money on it.

This one is pretty explicitly a lolige, it would be weird if it didn't focus on creepy lolicon stuff over everything else. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

2 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Literally half of the game happens in bath

Guess we'll have to wait and see what SP does with those scenes, lol. It will be interesting if they leave them in the game with partially covered nude lolis. Seeing as Maidens of Michael got taken off steam, something like that would get nuked from orbit in seconds by the steam crowd.

14 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see what SP does with those scenes, lol. It will be interesting if they leave them in the game with partially covered nude lolis. Seeing as Maidens of Michael got taken off steam, something like that would get nuked from orbit in seconds by the steam crowd.

Just add some towels and everything will be daijoubuuu.