How to download Fan Translated Visual Novels

aliciarune

Hi, I'm new to translation visual novels and was wondering how I download the english versions of them, like for Rewrite. Do I have to buy the Japanese version and then download the english version? And if so, how do I go about buying the Japanese version? Also, how do I patch the Japanese version, for the game to be in English? I'm sorry, I'm new to windows and downloading fan translated vn's. 

Yes, you have to buy the original game in Japanese, install it and then install the patch over it. I don't know websites where you can buy them, but someone else may help you with this. The patching system is usually very simple. The fan groups upload an exe file that does all the work by itself. If not, there are other easy ways to install. You should look into each website for more information about patching, as the methods may vary.

Speaking of Rewrite, although it's been a long time since we've heard about it, there is an official release of it in English in the future. Maybe you should wait a little more before reading it.

Since you got interested on it, why not try other games from Key, the developer, that are already available in english? Clannad, Little Busters, Planetarian just to start.

7 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Yes, you have to buy the original game in Japanese, install it and then install the patch over it. I don't know websites where you can buy them, but someone else may help you with this. The patching system is usually very simple. The fan groups upload an exe file that does all the work by itself. If not, there are other easy ways to install. You should look into each website for more information about patching, as the methods may vary.

Speaking of Rewrite, although it's been a long time since we've heard about it, there is an official release of it in English in the future. Maybe you should wait a little more before reading it.

Since you got interested on it, why not try other games from Key, the developer, that are already available in english? Clannad, Little Busters, Planetarian just to start.

Hey Silv, thanks for letting me know. Got Clannad and Little Busters, but didn't know Rewrite was coming. I'll wait. I would like to go Hatsukoi 1/1 because it does look good. I just don't know how to go about that. Do you know if I need to change my computer's location?

1 minute ago, aliciarune said:

Hey Silv, thanks for letting me know. Got Clannad and Little Busters, but didn't know Rewrite was coming. I'll wait. I would like to go Hatsukoi 1/1 because it does look good. I just don't know how to go about that. Do you know if I need to change my computer's location?

You only need to use Japanese locale if there is no official english release. If there is one, it is not necessary.