What are the things that you hate the most in VNs?

MIUUZICK

1. The game ends without really telling us what happened to the "universe" of the VN, what happened to all the characters, etc...

2. The classic VN where the protagonist does absolutely NOTHING, when there's absolutely no dialogue between the characters and for some random and divine reason all the girls fall in love with him.

3. The cliché VN where you're a guy who changed into the "big city" and then 10 years latter you go back to the town you lived before and there is the infamous childhood tsundere friend, a girl that is silent and do nothing but read, the tomboy, a male friend that love playing games, same game, same history, different universe.

4. The VN where you stay locked in a romance route and you can do nothing else but follow that route.

5. When there's a problem and the protagonist isn't clever enough to see the OBVIOUS thing that he should do, and when you less expect, you need to choose a path, both path are bad, and you can do nothing but choose one.

6. A VN that the protagonist is nothing but a spectator, he has no dialogue with the other characters, everyone is talking, but the protagonist says nothing, something around Persona 5, even though P5 indeed has some dialogues, its not that much, considering that he's the "leader" of the Phantom Thieves.

7. A VN that shows h-scenes without they being necessary to the history at the ocasion.

8. Last but not least, the VN that you interact with no one but girls, you have no male friends, you have no male parents, you have no male neighbor, it's only you and the girls (I'm not saying that i dislike girls).

I can't say that i hate a non-interactive, but i love making decisions and seeing how they affect the development of the history.

13 minutes ago, Sekan Orochi said:

you interact with no one but girls, you have no male friends

I always found this funny as well.

102% of the guys I knew that had only female friends were all gay and we usually talk about boys together :P  They wouldnt have only female friends if they were in the same group of friends and knew each other but who am I to play cupid.

Edited by MaggieROBOT