Summer 2018 Anime Discussion

Plk_Lesiak

On 02/08/2018 at 3:35 AM, skrewball717 said:

One that I just watched the first 3 eps now is High Score Girl. Pretty decent little romance/comedy centred around arcade gaming. Worth a check and definitely under the radar as far as quality shows of the season go.

Thanks. I forgot about this one since it's not available via my regular sources ;) . Will check it out.

On 01/08/2018 at 11:11 PM, ittaku said:

Since this season is so boring so far, I tried to start catching up on the Captain Tsubasa remake... it's so childish it's as boring as batshit. Trying Major 2nd as well and it's a little better, but not sure I'll be able to last it out. Having Kana Hanazawa as a VA in it does miracles though ^_^.

Major 2 got a lot better once the games started, like all sports anime I guess. But then Yui Horie showed up as another VA too \o/ That's two of my three favourite VAs. How can I not keep watching? I don't see room for another major female role in the story so I can't see Saori Hayami making the holy trinity for me, but hanakana and hocchan in the one anime is gold enough. Ruu \o/

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, oh my, every week is a treat when it comes to Steins;Gate 0, the graphics might not be impressing, but man, the story and the characters are just so good.

Man, this episode felt soo nostalgic.

Spoiler

It was basically episode 13 of Steins;Gate. Okabe Rintarou is finally awaking to his true potential.

5 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Oh my, oh my, every week is a treat when it comes to Steins;Gate 0, the graphics might not be impressing, but man, the story and the characters are just so good.

Man, this episode felt soo nostalgic.

Reveal hidden contents

It was basically episode 13 of Steins;Gate. Okabe Rintarou is finally awaking to his true potential.

Yep, it's finally found its groove and has the pace and intensity that made the (second half of the) original good. Took long enough though... Brilliant episode.

12 hours ago, ittaku said:

Yep, it's finally found its groove and has the pace and intensity that made the (second half of the) original good. Took long enough though... Brilliant episode.

Well, it is the payoff that took all that setup to lead to, i am not disappointed by the way they handled the adaptation. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Today is the day...
The end of steins;gate...

Fuck i want to cry. 

You should go to reddit where they're mad crazy about it. I thought it was only okay. If I said this on reddit I'd lose 3 years worth of karma...
I'm hoping the OVA/EP24 will make it feel more complete.

9 hours ago, ittaku said:

You should go to reddit where they're mad crazy about it. I thought it was only okay. If I said this on reddit I'd lose 3 years worth of karma...
I'm hoping the OVA/EP24 will make it feel more complete.

The ending was rushed, i agree with that, but it ties ends, and for me, it's the closure of 5 years of adventures.

I don't want to see anymore steins;gate stuff, for me it is over. 

High score girl ended up being surprisingly good. I lived through that gaming era so it was rather nostalgic. The 3D cgi didn't detract from its ability to convey the story and emotions through facial expressions. Really looking forward to the OVAs, there was also rumour of a second season (looks like it depends on how many buy the BDs.)